What was the best version of Gloria on the Vertigo tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redhill

Refugee
Anyone have any thoughts?

It does not have to be the night that you were there ;]

Looking for subjective opinions on the time they really "nailed it" on the Vertigo tour!

Thanks in advance...

Good lord, they played Gloria!? I had no idea. Didn't play it in Denver. That's the song I've been waiting to re-emerge for 20 years! Sure nuff, just saw some clips on youtube.

I'll be all biased and say Seattle 4/25, since I was there and was over the moon to hear it.

Good lord, they played Gloria!? I had no idea. Didn't play it in Denver. That's the song I've been waiting to re-emerge for 20 years! Sure nuff, just saw some clips on youtube.

They did it 19 times, including at the second Denver show. See down the bottom here for all the Vertigo dates: U2 Gloria - U2 on tour

Unfortunately, I haven't listened to many Vertigo Tour boots at all, so I can't really recommend any particularly exceptional performances, but it was certainly pretty good the night I heard it, 26 May 2005 in Boston.

Yep, I heard some bootlegs with Gloria. I listened to almost every bootleg of the Vertigo tour and I totally loved the old songs.

Thought the 10/25 Detroit show I was at had an awesome version. I believe it lead directly into The Ocean. 2 songs I never thought I'd hear live in a row, so that was good.

I was at the CLT show and I was stoked to here it, but maybe another 1/3 of the crowd was as well which was a shame bc it was on the highlights of the night!

now why couldn't stuff like this be on any of the 2 vertigo tour dvd's they released?
this is gloria. one of the most beautiful songs ever written.

Because we need to sell fans more performances of songs already on other releases! Fuck putting things like Gloria or Fast Cars on DVD; what the fans really want is a zillionth performance of Streets! :happy:

Back
Top Bottom