What U2 tours have you been to and which one was your favorite?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2loverforever

Acrobat
Zoo tv
Pop Mart
elevation
I must say ZOO TV by far the best

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference Joanne

The Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own Tour was the best!
Alex Clapton was shredding his bass solos all tour long and Gary McMullens Jr. was hammering those drums. Red Hill Mining Town, Acrobat, and Some Days Are Better Than Others were the shows highlights.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

The Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own Tour was the best!
Alex Clapton was shredding his bass solos all tour long and Gary McMullens Jr. was hammering those drums. Red Hill Mining Town, Acrobat, and Some Days Are Better Than Others were the shows highlights.

Gary, huh! It is larry.

I've only seen the Vertigo Tour and 360, but I'd definitely say I preferred Vertigo. And I know it's an unpopular opinion, but when Bono and Gary were banging away on the drums together, during LAPOE, that was a live show highlight for me.

I've only seen one U2360° show, during the second North American leg. I think it will be hard to top if I see them on this next tour.

Elevation tour at Notre Dame in South Bend, Indiana, 10/1001
Vertigo tour in Chicago, both May and September shows. 2005
360 at Soldier Field, Chicago, September 2009
360 at Scott Stadium, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, 10/01/09
360 at Soldier Field, Chicago, July 2011

Zoomerang - Melbourne (2 shows), Adelaide, Brisbane 1998
Popmart - Perth :drool:, Melbourne 1997
Vertigo - Sydney (3 shows), Melbourne (2 shows) 2006
360 - Brisbane (2 shows) 2010

Elevation tour at Notre Dame in South Bend, Indiana, 10/1001
Vertigo tour in Chicago, both May and September shows. 2005
360 at Soldier Field, Chicago, September 2009
360 at Scott Stadium, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, 10/01/09
360 at Soldier Field, Chicago, July 2011

Lucky you that u went to three of their 360 tours. Were they as awesome as the press says?

Unforgettable Fire (2 shows)
Conspiracy of Hope (1 show)
Joshua Tree (3 shows)
ZooTV (4 shows, 2 indoors, 2 outside broadcast)
Popmart (1 show)
Elevation (5 shows)
Vertigo (6 shows)
360 (2 shows)

War 1 Show
TUF - 3 Shows
JT - 12 Shows
ZooTV - 10 Shows (6 inside, 4 outside)
POPMart - 2 Shows
Elevation - 7 Shows
Vertigo - 6 Shows
360 - 4 Shows

Favorites are tough to say.... here's a couple highlights though:
Worcester MA - TUF tour - what a phenomenal show
Joshua Tree - Both Foxboro shows - one of which was the first time I heard One Tree Hill Live
ZooTV - probably my favorite tour - Yankee Stadium, and RFK Stadiums stand out, Also Inside Broadcast Albany NY was great
All of the post 9/11 Elevation shows - particularly Tampa - there was such a cathartic vibe in the house, people were actually hugging each other and weeping as the victims names were scrolled
360 Tour - New Meadowlands Stadium show - they and particularly Edge was on fire that night.

Zoo TV- 1 Show
PopMart- 1 Show
Elevation- 5 Shows
Vertigo- 2 Shows
360- 2 Shows

Favorite tour was Elevation. Every show was great. I'll probably never catch them 5 times on a tour again.

Vertigo was probably the worst. Bono fucked up the lyrics to various songs.

:ohmy: Was it as awesome as it looked?

It was pretty good, the Giants Stadium show, where Bono dueted with The Police on Invisible Sun.
Sadly Pete Townshend had to bail on the show, his father was ill if I recall, they made an announcement early in the day he had to fly home for an emergency, and more sadly Yoko did perform and attempted to sing Imagine...ouch.
But a pretty cool day otherwise.

Joshua Tree - Both Foxboro shows - one of which was the first time I heard One Tree Hill Live

They only played Foxboro once on JT. 2 shows at The garden 9/17 and 9/18, then swung back to Foxboro on 9/22 after a quick trip to DC (and the hospital for Bono).

War - 2
TUF - 2
COH - 1
TJT - 5 (including both nights in Tempe for R&H filming)
Rattle and Hum LA premier - 1 (my footage is in "From The Sky Down")
ZOOTV - 5 (2 indoor / 3 outside)
PopMart - 4
Elevation - 8
Vertigo - 10 (Including final rehearsal, opening and closing nights of whole tour)
360 - 8 (5 in 2009 and 3 in 2011)

ZOOTV was my favorite. Joshua Tree was 2nd.

It was pretty good, the Giants Stadium show, where Bono dueted with The Police on Invisible Sun.
Sadly Pete Townshend had to bail on the show, his father was ill if I recall, they made an announcement early in the day he had to fly home for an emergency, and more sadly Yoko did perform and attempted to sing Imagine...ouch.
But a pretty cool day otherwise.

That's awesome. Maybe not perfect, but I think even seeing Yoko, no matter how much your ears may have bled, is fantastic.

Zoo TV- 1 Show

PopMart- 1 Show

Elevation- 5 Shows

Vertigo- 2 Shows

360- 2 Shows

Favorite tour was Elevation. Every show was great. I'll probably never catch them 5 times on a tour again.

Vertigo was probably the worst. Bono fucked up the lyrics to various songs.

I agree! Elevation was great!:)

War - 1 | The night after Red Rocks
TUF - 1 | St. Patrick's Day
COH - 1
JT - 2 | saw them tape Rattle N Hum one night in Denver
Zoo - 3 | 1 inside, 2 outside
Pop - 1
Elevation - 3
Vertigo - 3
360 - 2

Favorites -- 360 in Minneapolis, massive rain storm, drenched us on the field but first time ever with my kids who were 7 and 9 at the time -- danced all night in the rain.

Elevation in Kansas City -- the post 9/11 shows were highlights for me, this one was special due to When I Look at the World -- I think it followed Bad, can't remember.

The Inside version of Zoo blew my mind, amazing stuff.

Since 1983 I've seen one show per tour, sans Pop, with my sisters despite living 700 miles apart -- kind of our tradition, and we only missed Pop due to a baby on the way.

War - 1 | The night after Red Rocks
TUF - 1 | St. Patrick's Day
COH - 1
JT - 2 | saw them tape Rattle N Hum one night in Denver
Zoo - 3 | 1 inside, 2 outside
Pop - 1
Elevation - 3
Vertigo - 3
360 - 2

Favorites -- 360 in Minneapolis, massive rain storm, drenched us on the field but first time ever with my kids who were 7 and 9 at the time -- danced all night in the rain.

Elevation in Kansas City -- the post 9/11 shows were highlights for me, this one was special due to When I Look at the World -- I think it followed Bad, can't remember.

The Inside version of Zoo blew my mind, amazing stuff.

Since 1983 I've seen one show per tour, sans Pop, with my sisters despite living 700 miles apart -- kind of our tradition, and we only missed Pop due to a baby on the way.

Pretty awesome! I have been to three and lived in Vegas when they were there for pop. Zoo was my first

Popmart- 1 (Columbus)
Elevation 3 (Columbus, Indianapolis, South Bend)
Vertigo 3 (Chicago 5/7, Pittsburgh, Detroit 10/25)
360 3- (Chicago 9/13, East Lansing, Pittsburgh)

- I recently downloaded a bootleg of that Popmart Columbus show, and while it's an improvement over the train wreck that was the Vegas show, they still were nowhere near how good they sound by the time they got to Rotterdam, and light years away from how awesome Mexico City show was.

- Elevation tour is my favorite. The Columbus show was first, and was the best show I've ever been to. Indy was a couple days later, and while it was the same show on paper, something seemed "off" compared to the Columbus show. The South Bend show post 9/11 seemed like a completely different tour, and is probably my least favorite U2 show I've been to.

- I really enjoyed the Vertigo Tour, all 3 shows I saw had a nice setlist variety, especially the 2nd Detroit show (which I only got tickets for because I missed the Cleveland on sale.)

- 360 was great as well, but the 2009 and the 2011 shows were VERY different, the only thing that was the same was the giant stage.

1 - Popmart
1 - Elevation
1 - Vertigo
1 - 360

Probably Popmart was my favorite since it was my first show, but U2 have never disappointed when I have seen them live.

Zoo TV - 1
Zooropa - 1
POPMART - 2
Elevation - 1
Vertigo - 5
360 - 4

Best by far was Zoo TV in 1992!!!! Then probably Elevation and 360 in 2010, not 2009!

I haven't seen too many...

Vertigo tour - 2 shows
360 tour - 1 show

The best was probably the very first one on the Vertigo tour. It felt so good to finally see my favourite band live!

I was even more nuts about them during the 90s but sadly couldn't go to any show due to my own geographical location.

Vertigo Amsterdam 16-7-2005 --> Far away from the stage, high in the stands. Very surprised that they played Wild Horses and Miss Sarajevo.
360 Amsterdam 21-7-2009 --> Pretty close to the stage. First Until The End Of The World and Bad that tour + Bono sounded absolutely incredible.

They only played Foxboro once on JT. 2 shows at The garden 9/17 and 9/18, then swung back to Foxboro on 9/22 after a quick trip to DC (and the hospital for Bono).

This was my mistake, they played Foxboro 9/22 and then New Haven 9/23.... forgive me it was a long time ago and I remember this now because one night we saw them at a huge football stadium and then probably the smallest arena in the northeast at the time, I think New Haven seated about 12k for concerts. The biggest part of those shows were that we slept in a rest stop in RI somewhere off of 95 south..... great times indeed.

Back
Top Bottom