What U2 songs give you goosebumps, chills and/or bring you to tears?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some great moments hear..I concur with many, if not all, of them, so no need to repeat any.
A goosebump moment for me, is during Miracle Drug- Chicago DVD. I know many on these forums don't like the song but that is irrellevant to a goosebump moment. When Edge starts his verse "beneath the noise..." and the director gives us a nano-second of Bono (sorry to open old wounds in realtion to the quality of directing on DVD's) looking back at Edge and lipsynching Edges part....that is very real and cool!
BTW-ACD,ZS, and OOTS, Yahweh, also very good moments on this DVD.

City Of Blinding Lights- when this song started to play at the sydney concert i was at i got goosebumps!!
its always had a special place in my heart:heart: since then xoxox

also So cruel, Bad,Running to standstill, Heatland, With or without u,MLK
n many many more give me chills

City Of Blinding Lights- when this song started to play at the sydney concert i was at i got goosebumps!!
its always had a special place in my heart:heart: since then xoxox

also So cruel, Bad,Running to standstill, Heatland, With or without u,MLK
n many many more give me chills

Agreed, COBL has great moments, my fave is the first "woo ooh wooh" bit and the lines before it, "i' miss you when you're not around, I'm getting ready to leave the ground". Brilliant!!

The one that comes to mind most for me is the segueway from All I Want is You into Streets on the Slane DVD.

All I Want is YOUUUUUUUUUUUOUOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.....Edge guitar intro guitar riff of streets, more YOUUUUUUUUUUUOUOUOUUUUUUUUUU. Thunderous explosing from Larry, Adam, and the crowd!

:drool: Transcendent - NO DOUBT

AN CAT GAV-- perfect moments that you picked, there ......:heart:

Many others -but ones that come into my mind right away:

WOWY
WTSHNN
SOH
UF
Ultraviolet
AIWIY
So Cruel
Yahweh
Walk On
SBS
Bad
Running to Stand Still
One Tree Hill

-Wake Up Dead Man live from Slane, especially the first verse - this gives me chills and sometimes when I feel really down can also bring me to tears

-Breathe(live) - Gives me goosebumps. But just live versions.

-SYCMIOYO(again live) - When Bono puts everything in this song it's really goosebump-making for me.

-Stuck in a Moment

Big time goosbumps:

1. Sunday bloody Sunday (R&H video, first 2 min....:drool:)
2. Running to stand still (R&H or Zoo TV versions)
3. Bullet the blue sky (Elevation version mostly, followed by Zoo TV)
4. Lemon (begining of the song when Bono hangs up the phone....)
5. Desire (Zoo TV 1992 version, "I have a vision, I have a vision... television, television, TELEVISIONNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!):drool:

Normal goosbumps:

1. SYCMIOYO (live when Larry comes in and Edge start kicking off his guitar work, when Bono holds the note....:hyper:)
2. Miss Sarajevo (the italian part...:cute:)
3. Exit (R&H version, could be actually one of the best ever U2 performance of any song)
4. Love is blindness (Edge's solo at the end....too much to hold sometimes:sad:)
5. WIth or without you (JT / LT versions only, some Zoo TV as well.... the guitar solo and the "shine like stars" part...)
6. The Electric co (early days when Bono was getting crazy, it's amazing)
7. Mysterious ways (Edge's solo at the end, any tour is the same goosbumps for me, from Zoo TV till Vertigo)
8. Mofo (the start is unreal :drool:)

Basically anything this band has played live is amazing....

^ True :up:

Recently, White as snow, also Magnificent and MOS.

Also: One, Love is blindness, All I want is you, Running to Stand Still, One Tree Hill

Live: Most of their songs, especially Sometimes and Miss Sarejevo

I was studying for APART and I had U2 on shuffle...I hadn't listened to October in a while...

I forgot how much I really liked "Tommorw"...I think Bono's voice sounds very strong on this particular track!

"I'm going outside, Mother...I'm going out there!"

I got chills...reminded me of this thread

I'd be hard-pressed to think of a U2 song that doesn't move in me some way, whether it be to tears, joy, anger (at injustice or pain), nostalgia, hope, despair, etc. That is why to me, they're not only my favorite, but the greatest band of all time. Of course you can't really call any band/artist the "greatest" ; and their are many bands that may be more technically proficient than U2, no band has the capacity to touch spirits and emotions like they do. There's something special about them, something so beautiful and unique and powerful that I don't feel any other band in history has ever or will ever have. There's some sort of mysterious blessing on these 4 guys, and I'm grateful to them for never giving up on their purpose in this world.

I was studying for APART and I had U2 on shuffle...I hadn't listened to October in a while...

I forgot how much I really liked "Tommorw"...I think Bono's voice sounds very strong on this particular track!

"I'm going outside, Mother...I'm going out there!"

I got chills...reminded me of this thread

It has a very deep personal meaning for me. It's hard for me to even listen to the song, but I agree, it's magic.

The bridge from All I Want Is You to Streets, like they did at Elevation Tour (see Slane-DVD).

Also Runnig to Stand Still and Please (Rotterdam, MTV Awards)

I'd be hard-pressed to think of a U2 song that doesn't move in me some way, whether it be to tears, joy, anger (at injustice or pain), nostalgia, hope, despair, etc. That is why to me, they're not only my favorite, but the greatest band of all time. Of course you can't really call any band/artist the "greatest" ; and their are many bands that may be more technically proficient than U2, no band has the capacity to touch spirits and emotions like they do. There's something special about them, something so beautiful and unique and powerful that I don't feel any other band in history has ever or will ever have. There's some sort of mysterious blessing on these 4 guys, and I'm grateful to them for never giving up on their purpose in this world.

You said the right thing!!!!! I´m 100000% with you! There´s really something special about them - something that no other band will never have. :heart:

This may sound strange but Windows in the Skies gives me goosebumps, for me its like
watching and old friend and I remember back when kinda feeling, They make me feel home. :cute:

Wow, the list is very long indeed. All of these give me normal to epic goosebumps.

Please
Stay
Lemon
The Fly
Bad
Unforgettable Fire
Cedars of Lebanon
Exit
New Years Day (Especially Popmart DVD)
Gone
Wake up Dead Man
Kite
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

The list continues ... :up:

Let me just say, that when I see this band live, every single song they play (even the warhorses and songs that I think they should let have a little breather) has me in a state of permanent goosebumplesness . . . seeing them live (and this sounds so dorky :reject: ) is transcendant for me. almost out of body . . . it is pretty much the highest of highs and after the Vertigo show I saw, I was in a state of euphoria for weeks . . . just the memory of how I felt when they came on stage . . . :love:

anyways . . .fangirlgushover . . .off the top of my head . . .

Bad (Live Aid, WAIA, R&H)
Gone
Acrobat
Opening strains of both Streets and (purists get ready to throw tomatoes) I Will Follow
Miss Sarajevo
Magnificent (watching the live performance of that song atop BBC tower earlier this year really choked me up . . .there's just something about the passion in Bono's voice and the glory of Edge's guitar that really resonates)
All I Want Is You
Alt Sometimes You Can't . . . . (husband has stopped me watching the video cuz I get a little too wonky)
Running To Stand Still (zootv - gah what a fantastic moment)
The Unforgettable Fire
The Fly
One Tree Hill

. . . there are a stack more but these are the ones that come to mind

great thread . . . really enjoy reading what songs light up everyone else's lives :)

The bridge between AIWIY and Streets on the Slane DVD gives me goosebumps.
So does WOWY, especially on the Milan DVD and the Vertigo video of Sao Paulo.

Yet the two moments that give me chills/goosebumps and bring me to tears at the same time are:

- Bono shouting "Viva Sarajevo, viva" at the beginning of EBTTRT in Sarajevo in 1997

- Bono singing Pavarotti's part in Italian on the Milan DVD.

I forgot to mention "the Saints are Coming", :doh:

not just because of the Katrina link (video), but also because of Stuart Adamson, RIP.

One from Popmart Mexico

Mothers of the Disappeared

Pride

Beautiful Day

With or Without You, from Rattle and Hum

The Fly, Boston DVD

Exit, from Rattle and Hum

Breathe

Walk On

There are just too many.....

just listening to the unfortgettable fire as i was frantically drving to uni the other night in the howling wind, trying to make a deadline, and it was really great to listen to in the moment, i played ith through twice actually.

and i really love it. even fourth of july, which is an effortless calming instrumental, elvis presley and america brought a wave of calm over me (and i love the final 20 seconds) and mlk is what it is.

didn't know where else to say that, and didn't seem worth making a thread about boviousky, but damn, it's a good album

Back
Top Bottom