What U2 songs get radio play by you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Utoo

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Here in DC, it seems like on nearly every station, just before a commercial break they'll say, "Coming up we have ____, ______, ____, and U2!" And yet, it's the same few songs that get the majority of airplay. Here's how it breaks down by me:

Major play
Beautiful Day
One
Mysterious Ways

Occasional play
Streets
Vertigo
New Year's Day
WOWY
ISHFWILF
Stuck
IWF

Once I heard RHMT on the classic rock station, but that's about it. Grocery stores and other stores will play the odd song now and then---i.e., Electrical Storm---but the radio has its minimalist repertoire of standards.

What do you get by you?

Majors here in the Akron OH area:
-Pride
-Still Haven't Found
-With or Without You
-Beautiful Day

And fairly often, I'll hear:
-Mysterious Ways
-New Year's Day
-Streets

Once in a while:
-Sunday Bloody Sunday
-One
-Desire

Oddly, haven't really heard Vertigo since it first broke onto the scene.
and about a year or two ago I heard "Last Night on Earth" in a Taco Bell.

Majors here in the Akron OH area:

Oddly, haven't really heard Vertigo since it first broke onto the scene.
and about a year or two ago I heard "Last Night on Earth" in a Taco Bell.

LOL, I don't think anyone ever wants to hear 'Last Night on Earth' in a Taco Bell, 'cus you know the food could make it very possible :lol:

I live south of Chicago and listen primarily to 93.1 WXRT. Checking out their recently played lists, since Monday 7/7, they've played the following U2 songs:

(sorry bout the all caps, I copied and pasted)

I STILL HAVEN'T FOUND (LIVE) x2
SALOME'
EVEN BETTER THAN THE REAL THING x2
PRIDE
MYSTERIOUS WAYS
INSTANT KARMA
SUNDAY BLOODY SUNDAY
VERTIGO
GOD PART II
BAD
NEW YEARS DAY
STUCK IN A MOMENT YOU CAN'T GET OUT OF
SWEETEST THING
WITH OR WITHOUT YOU
WINDOW IN THE SKIES
ONE
THE UNFORGETABLE FIRE
BEAUTIFUL DAY
WHERE THE STREETS HAVE NO NAME
I WILL FOLLOW x2
SOMETIMES YOU CAN'T MAKE IT ON YOUR OWN

Great station, they stream online too
WXRT - Homepage

I forgot Pride--that's on the most-played list, too.

SALOME'
EVEN BETTER THAN THE REAL THING x2
INSTANT KARMA
GOD PART II
BAD
THE UNFORGETABLE FIRE
[/url]

Wow, nice station! I'm most impressed at these...

KGSR, the only station in Austin that I can stand, has played the following U2 songs since last Saturday, starting with today and working backwards:

Angel of Harlem
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Angel of Harlem
Mysterious Ways
Pride
Walk On
Streets
Still Haven't Found
Beautiful Day
New Year's Day
Angel of Harlem
Vertigo
The Unforgettable Fire
Stuck in a Moment
One
With or Without You
Sunday Bloody Sunday
In God's Country
Mysterious Ways
Pride
Walk On
Streets

With or Without You
Pride
Sunday Bloody Sunday
New Year's Day
Where the Streets Have No Name
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
One

Those are the U2 song I hear the most on LA-area radio. Sad to think that's only four albums represented.

They were playing One on one of the thrill rides at the Del Mar Fair in San Diego last week.

I hardly ever hear U2 on the radio in SD, but I hear it more often in stores. Staples recently plays a few U2 songs that are more obscure songs, not the big hits. :up:

And Jack in the Box (hamburger fast food) plays Mysterious Ways sometimes. :lol:

:applaud:

that's a pretty good selection, mofo & digi!

I guess I hear most of the major stuff everyone's posted here in various times on (NYC Area) Radio> either (maybe both) 95.5 <used to be WPLJ-FM, [:der: I just forgot the possible newer call :reject: letters ], and on Q104.3 (classic rock) , and probaly some of them on K-Rock 93.? 2 ....

But on WRXP 101.9 the staion's NEW call letters & R&R sound <former CD 101.9 soft jazz> "old songs, new songs, good songs" is one of their tags :D- I was :ohmy: to hear In God's Country < an ultra fav u2 & R&R song, period, and much underapprieciated IMHO :wink: > on there.

And last night :ohmy: I heard Stories for Boys!
:hmm:Very impressive....

and they played a few weeks back THOUGH Non-U2 but impressive IMHO for regular staion-play -
The Pixies- "This Monkey's Gone to Heaven".

I mean WHERE :huh: except on maybe a few serious alt-rock Free Air-Stations, Satalite, or On-line stations would you hear a band like The Pixies anymore!

I frequently hear Streets, Beautiful Day, Vertigo or WOWY. It's a shame radio stations don't play more than just those biggie hits because we know there's so much more to U2 than just those few songs. When we were in Ireland we heard U2 music all over the place...in stores, in pubs, elevators, etc. but then I was pleasantly surprised because I kind of expected that. :D

I've previously heard, on the classic rock station I listen to

- I Will Follow from UABRS
- With Or Without You
- Even Better Than The Real Thing
- The Unforgettable Fire

Can't think of any others, so no One, Beautiful Day etc.

Funniest random U2 I heard was on the radio in a shop in Australia - Fast Cars.

Major Play:
-New Year's Day
-With or Without You
-I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
-One
-Mysterious Ways
-Beautiful Day
-Vertigo

I hear these songs fairly often:
-Sunday Bloody Sunday
-Pride (In The Name of Love)
-Where The Streets Have No Name
-Desire
-Sweetest Thing (New mix)

I've only heard these songs a few times:
-I Will Follow
-Bad
-Angel of Harlem
-When Love Comes To Town
-Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of
-The Saints are Coming
-Even Better Than The Real Thing
-One (With Mary J. Blige)
-Window In The Skies (I heard it about 3 times in one week on the radio when it first came out, then never again)

I've NEVER heard anything from Zooropa or Pop on the radio.

WLCTT
Mysterious Ways
AIWIY
WOWY
Everlasting Love
Pride
ISHFWILF
NYD
Angel of Harlem

All get some fairly wicked play in Adelaide, though sometimes certain songs fall out of favour.

I heard Night and Day in a supermarket earlier this year, but there was a damn good chance it was just a CD.

XRT is definitely a quality station, up there with the best non-xm/sirius station anywhere. Terri Hemmert is one of their long time DJ's, is world reknown for her knowledge and dedication to the Beatles, hosting a Sunday morning 2-hour show, Breakfast with the Beatles, and the annual Rampant Beatle Mania. Reason I bring all of this up is that SHE introduced the entire group to the Chicago Peace Museum where U2 was introduced to the artwork from survivors of the bombings in Hiroshima/Nagasaki, leading to the Unforgettable Fire. If I'm correct, that was the name of the exhibition too. It's no suprise that the station is quality with people like that.:yes:

I call there occasionally to request a song or chat with a dj. One of their overnight dj's told me about the Chicago premier of U23D and I got downtown, saw the primier hosted by Terri Hemmert and XRT and I didn't pay a penny (except for hauling my own butt down there) They had the tribute band Elevation USA play too before the film. That's why they are the best station bar none in Chicago.

On Sydney's Tripple M Rock station we get;

Regulars

Beautiful Day
Mysterious Ways
New Years
Love Comes to Town
Vertigo
One
SundayBSunday

Occassionals

Desire
Elevation
Sweetest Thing
Everlasting
Real Thing
Still havnt found & the odd other song...

the 80's station here in Tampa has gotten the nickname the "u2 station" from me. constantly played here: with or without you, sunday bloody sunday, still haven't found, mysterious ways, one, streets and new years day. your guaranteed to hear 3 of these songs daily, sometimes 2-3 times a day.

I don't live in the US .... our radio stations are mostly horrible, not only when it comes to U2. There is one station that I listen to more frequently, it plays a lot of older songs and songs that are rare and not played on the radio much, I really enjoy that. I sometimes send them e-mails or phone in and request a song. Apart from this station, the usual U2 songlist is:

WOWY
Still Haven't Found
One - mostly the version with MJB

sometimes:
Streets
Beautiful Day

rarely:
SBS
Pride
COBL

.... not really exciting.

In Geneva.... Virgin Radio (haha)...

Regularly:

Vertigo
Beautiful Day
Sunday bloody Sunday
New Year's day
One
Pride
Instant Karma
With or without you

Sometimes:

Where the streets have no name
I still haven't....
Desire
All I want is you

Already heard 1-2 times:

Stuck in a moment
Sometimes....
Elevation
I will follow
Even better than the real thing
Staring at the sun
Sweetest thing
Electrical Storm

In Sydney between Triple M, Today FM and Triple J we get:

Beautiful Day
Elevation
Pride
SBS
One MJB
And every now and then, Desire and The Sweetest Thing

Here in Melbourne I've heard:

Major play:
WOWY
I Still Haven't Found
Streets
One
Beautiful Day
Pride
Vertigo

Occasional:
SBS
New Year's Day
Everlasting Love
Mysterious Ways
Desire
Sweetest Thing
When Love Comes to Town
Angel of Harlem
Elevation

Once about six years ago they played Numb, only because the guy who requested it was very insistent, :)

Pride, NYD, WOWY/I still haven't found..., One, BD, Vertigo are played the most. (not including any current singles)

A little less MW, Streets, Desire.

Rarely - Discotheque, SATS, Stay, AIWIY.

Biggest surprise - Dancing Barefoot, Everlasting love, and Scarlet.

My favourite station that always brings live concerts on Saturday evenings is playing the U2 Chicago show tonight, I just found it by incident. :ohmy:

Let's see...within recent memory:

Here in town
Vertigo
Beautiful Day
Stuck
WOWY
Pride (earlier today)
Mysterious Ways (mostly grocery stores)
Angel of Harlem (x2!)
Walk On
ISHFWIF

In the city, on K-Rock:
I Will Follow
COBL
When Love Comes to Town
Temple Bar Mix of Wild Horses
Desire
Bullet the Blue Sky

In Vancouver:
One (with MJB)
Miss Sarajevo - not by U2 though, pretty surprising. In an art store, it was a cover with a bunch of acoustic guitars and most of the lyrics omitted.

Back
Top Bottom