What U2 songs get radio play by you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here in Boston, I listen primarily to classic rock 100.7, Mix 98.5(they love U2 but play alot of crap as well), Mike 93.7 and once in a blue moon BCN, 104.1 alternative rock.

Frequently: New Year's Day, Streets, One, **** BEAUTIFUL DAY*****, Mysterious ways, WOWY, SBS.

Not out of the ordinary to hear: Pride, Vertigo, Still havent found(some stretches it really belongs in the first category, but not lately), Desire, Angel of Harlem, Walk on, stuck(though more a few yrs ago), elevation.

Rare but listen enough and you'll hear: I will follow, when love comes to town, Bad(100.7 wide awake in America live) COBL and even better than the real thing- the ladder 2 being primarily on BCN.

If you get lucky: Wild Horses, Discoteque.

Extremely rare: Carter Allan, a former BCN DJ and current 100.7 DJ who was one of the first to notice U2 in America after being given a demo of a day without me hosts a segment called "Carter's I-POD." Big U2 fan, and on this show or in one of their 'classic rock blocks' in which they do 4-6 songs back to back of the same artist, I have heard: One Tree Hill multiple times(in fact just this afternoon) Also have heard Gloria, Lemon, Bullet, A sort of homecoming, and the rattle and hum live versions of exit, silver and gold and In God's Country. On BCN one time, about 2 AM coming back from school Last Night on Earth (Live Mexico City).

Most Random ever: Last year, McDonald's up in Vermont, two hearts beat as one, on some alternative station up there, some days are better than others and the rarest of the rare, Zoo Station down in Delray Beach, Florida.

These are the songs I usually hear in Aus.

Often
Beautiful Day
One
Streets
ISHFWILF
WOWY

Occasionally
Mysterious Ways
Desire
NYD
SBS

Rarely
Vertigo
Walk On

I wish they would play The Fly, Numb and Lemon for once.

Most Random ever: Last year, McDonald's up in Vermont, two hearts beat as one, on some alternative station up there, some days are better than others and the rarest of the rare, Zoo Station down in Delray Beach, Florida.

three or four years ago in Vermont driving to Mt. Snow I heard Your Blue Room on the radio. Most obscure song I've heard by U2.

Here way down in Harlingen, TX:

Common:
New Years Day
SBS
Mysterious Ways
ISHFWILF

Occasionals:
WITS
WOWY

and I swear one time around 3 in da morn.....ZOOROPA

can't remember when the radio played a song...:huh:
(maybe it was vertigo back in 2004 or so)

^ Wow, what station do you listen to?

Here is San Diego I listen to a great station, FM 949, but they don't play nearly enough U2 and I'm always bothering them to play more. I usually hear maybe 1 U2 song a day, and usually its SBS. They've been playing Desire alot too, which kinda surprises me. If I'm lucky they'll play Streets, OTH or RHMT... Once in a blue moon I'll hear AIWIY and one great day they played Spanish Eyes... :drool:

My radio station here only plays Mysterious Ways once every couple days or so =/. The other station plays U2 at least once a day but the rest is garbage pop stuff, so I can't listen to it. They play Mysterious Ways, Streets, With or Without You, and Beautiful Day

How about some of you do me a favor and help me bring some attention to U2! Mysterious Ways is down at the bottom of the right column :D
Mediabase 24/7 - KRAB-FM Station Playlist Request

Here is San Diego I listen to a great station, FM 949, but they don't play nearly enough U2 and I'm always bothering them to play more. I usually hear maybe 1 U2 song a day, and usually its SBS. They've been playing Desire alot too, which kinda surprises me. If I'm lucky they'll play Streets, OTH or RHMT... Once in a blue moon I'll hear AIWIY and one great day they played Spanish Eyes... :drool:

:ohmy: looks like I need to tune in to this station. Thanks! :wave:

Vertigo, Angel of Harlem, New Year's Day, Mysterious Ways, and WGRYWH I hear all the time now (new station, play mostly U2, Pearl Jam, REM, and Sting). They also play common stuff like One, ISHFWILF, Beautiful Day, and Pride.

Here in Omaha,
89.7 The River uses the intro to God Part II as backing music during their evening rush hour show when the dj is talking... always hope they'll break out the full song but no dice yet lol...

Not sure of the stations specifically but recently I've heard:
SBS (UaBRS version)
I Will Follow
ISHFWILF
New Years Day
Pride
WTSHNN
Beautiful Day

On some of the in-store MUZAK stations around here:
Mysterious Ways
Electrical Storm
Walk On

Have heard some deeper cuts on 92.9 The Mountain in Tucson, AZ-
In Gods Country
AIWIY

QUOTE=bonocomet;5293701]:ohmy: looks like I need to tune in to this station. Thanks! :wave:[/QUOTE]

:wave: Its one of the best alternative/rock stations I've listened to ...

This morning they played RTSS ... nice way to wake up!

QUOTE=bonocomet;5293701]:ohmy: looks like I need to tune in to this station. Thanks! :wave:

:wave: Its one of the best alternative/rock stations I've listened to ...

This morning they played RTSS ... nice way to wake up!

No way! :ohmy: I didn't even know about that station. Thanks I will give it a try. I usually run thru all the stations a few times and just never find anything good and turn it off. This sounds great!

They play U2 here in Ottawa on all our rock stations. It depends whether the station is a Rock mix, Classic Rock or alternative rock.

Chez 106 Classic Rock:

Where the Streets...
I Still Haven't
One
Beautiful Day
Desire
Angel of Harlem
When Love Comes...
Sunday Bloody...
New Year's Day
Pride

106.9 the Bear (Rock Mix)

All of the above
- more from their last album (esp. Vertigo/All Because of You)

Live 88.5

- Discotheque
- Numb
- Mysterious Ways

...basically from Achtung Baby till present

Regards,
LN

I know they get played on "Adult contemporary" radio as welll...but since I don't listen to that crap I'm not sure what they play. U2 in no way belongs on AC radio

I only listen to two radio stations where I live...the local college radio station and the "classic rock" station.

Well, actually, I really only listen to the college radio one.

But on that one you will often hear One, Mysterious Ways, I Will Follow, Bullet the Blue Sky, New Year's Day, etc. Great station.

And the classic rock station of course plays the big 3 from JT along with Desire, NYD, SBS, Gloria, and Pride.

With or Without You is played alot here in El Paso, on the classic rock and soft rock stations. Streets and ISHFWILF too. On one station they play New Year's Day alot, and I've heard Sunday Bloody Sunday a few times on both the rock station and on a classic rock station. The Mary J. Blidge version of One gets play on the Top 40 station occasionally too. I've heard Pride sometimes too.

Once I heard Two Hearts Beat As One on the oldies station. I was like, wow! You never hear that song on the radio.

Back when HTDAAB came out, the rock station played the shit out of Vertigo and COBL, but they never play much U2 anymore.

I heard Walk On once in a Carls Jr., I Will Follow at Burger King, Mysterious Ways at a KFC, Crumbs at the rec center and OOTS at a Dairy Queen once. Ha, how the hell I remember where I heard those I don't know!

Thought I'd bump this thread because there is a great station in Ottawa, Ontario that plays so much rare U2 stuff. Today they play Get on Your Boots followed by Silver and Gold, followed by Out of Control, then Stories for Boys, then Another Day, followed by Cartoon World and Two Hearts Beat as One.

They actually play so much U2 including the Fly, Even Better Than the Real Thing, A Sort of Homecoming, Bad, Desire, Discotheque, Angel of Harlem, Zoo Station, Bullet the Blue Sky and some occasional U2 radio hits.

I heard Beautiful Day at TGI Friday's last night.

I don't listen to the radio much, but it's the usual songs- Beautiful Day, With Or Without You, ISHFWILF, One, Mysterious Ways...

BBC Radio One will typically play -

Beautiful Day
Vertigo
HMTMKMKM
Elevation
Desire
Discotheque
ISHFWILF

On the big 3 fm stations here they drag out the old warhorses frequently . . .

New Years Day, SBS, Pride

Sometimes you hear
BD, Vertigo or maybe Desire

Lately, a few of them have been playing Magnificent (which makes me very very happy)

My local grocery store plays All I Want Is You a lot which makes me :giggle: . . . I often wonder if they are trying to get that whole subliminal marketing message across . . . All I Want Is You . . . carrot / jam / pasta . ... :reject: lame sorry :lol:

I'm fortunate that 92 ZEW are U2 lovers. Depending on the DJ, they pretty much play a variety of all U2 albums. LeeAnn especially loves the early stuff and like to play tracks you don't hear on the radio much i.e. Seconds, Drowning Man, Exit, Lady with the spinning head and lots of live tracks. :hyper:
She's really into the new album, playing Magnificent in regular rotation and Boots every now and then. A couple of other dj's are doing the same.
There was a contest last week and everytime they played Magnificent, which was every hour, if you were the 9th caller you won a cd and chance to be in the final drawing for a trip to Chicago for the U2 show next week. I won a chance/cd but not the final. :sad: Only 12 people qualified so that makes me an official looser.:reject: The person who won was sleeping when they called her at 8am. :ohmy:

We've got a really good 90's/00's alternative station which plays alot of good stuff. They have a pretty good U2 selection

Get On Your Boots
Beautiful Day
Vertigo
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Where The Streets Have No Name
The Sweetest Thing
One
Bullet The Blue Sky
In A Little While
Mysterious Ways
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Sunday Bloody Sunday
With Or Without You
New Year's Day

I was just as surprised when I heard "In A Little While."

I used to hear U2 (both new songs and older ones) a lot on the local adult contemporary station, and an ocassional older U2 song like New Year's Day on the local classic rock station.

I don't think I've listened to either of these stations in about three years, though. These days if I'm listening to the radio in my car rather than playing a CD, it's tuned to the local public radio station (NPR during the day and alternative/indie/blues/world music at night.) Every once in a blue moon they will play a U2 song in the evening - I think they played Boots when it first came out, and they also bust out something older (and kind of obscure by radio standards) by them once in a while and and play it, such as 11 O'Clock Tick Tock.

Our local station, based on listener suggestion, just added Red Hill Mining Town to their playlist. :hyper: Not sure of any others yet, they still play the old standards.

Back
Top Bottom