What U2 song has been the most inspiring to you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
and i have no compass
and i have no map
and i have no reasons
no reasons to get back

and i have no religion
and i don't know what's what
and i don't know the limit
the limit of what we got

don't worry baby
it'll be alright
you got the right shoes to get ya through the night
it's cold outside
but brightly lit
let's skip the subway
let's go to the overground
get your head out of the mud baby
put flowers in the mud baby
overground

no particular places names
no particular song
i've been hiding
what i am hiding from?

don't worry baby
it's gonna be alright
uncertainty can be a guiding light
i hear voices
ridiculous voices
out in the slipstream
take your head out of the mud baby

she's gonna dream up the world she wants to live in
she's gonna dream out loud
dream out loud

dream out loud

Stay (Faraway, So Close)!

Album version only, acoustic live version is lame, but it's all we can get I guess, so I'll take it. Just makes me think of a all the greatest moments in my life for some reason. Everything stressful about my life disappears when I hear this song. My favorite song ever, by anyone.

wow, it's like you stole what I was about to say.

Well, tons of songs by them and they all mean something different to me. But of course MIRACLE DRUG comes to mind.

I was going through cancer treatment (Hodgkin's Disease which all the celebs seem to get) at the time -- so Album came out in Nov halfway through my chemo....

Lines like "science and the human heart -- there is no limit" really help you through it.

It's a song about how medicine is a beautiful thing as it helped their poet friend who could only write with his feet I believe.

Anyway -- perfect timing for me.

Moment of surrender & ultraviolet

Probably two of my favorite songs. I can strangely relate to these songs - difficult to explain but they hit me in a way in that no other tune does. I guess that's u2 for you.

this is all why i don't care when people i know hang shit on U2, or when people post threads saying they're ready to commit murder because a friend has bagged U2. they don't get it, i don't care. their music has touched me - though i'd never use those words in real life - in a way that i never dreamed music could.

i don't care how cheesy or cringy Stuck and the gridiron video was, it's just damn pure brilliance from my view.

It's All I Want is You for me....my husband and I were having alot of problems at the time, and I remember driving with that song blasting and crying my eyes out. Also, Walk On...the lyrics give me chills every time I hear them, and I think of my brother in law who passed away last week from ALS...he fought a long, hard fight and makes me think of Aun San Su Ki (sp), who' still fighting for freedom for her country...like other people, I could go on and on, but a few more are Acrobat, One Tree Hll, Running to Stand Still and Kite...

Moment of surrender & ultraviolet

Probably two of my favorite songs. I can strangely relate to these songs - difficult to explain but they hit me in a way in that no other tune does. I guess that's u2 for you.

this is all why i don't care when people i know hang shit on U2, or when people post threads saying they're ready to commit murder because a friend has bagged U2. they don't get it, i don't care. their music has touched me - though i'd never use those words in real life - in a way that i never dreamed music could.

i don't care how cheesy or cringy Stuck and the gridiron video was, it's just damn pure brilliance from my view.

:heart::heart::heart: both these replies.

gosh, so many. I mean, over the past recent years, the small events that happened in my life........being stressed, looking/feeling worn, family, etc. Getting back on my feet, then punched down again all while tryin to reach my goal. ( I know lot of peeps going through same, and/or more). Songs like Magnificent, Stuck in a Moment, Walk On, Windows, City of, etc.........all take away from how low and helpless I feel and put me in a mental state of calm, for the few mins the songs play. Then I feel a bit more uplifted after.

:up:

Oh, and this is mostly from the sound alone, whenever I'm down, I can't help but feel better if I listen to "Angel of Harlem" :heart::heart:

One is my most inspirational Song, i can totally relate to the Lyrics even though the Song is very basic in arragnement its still an amazing tune :D

Going through a break-up at the moment, So Cruel has proved itself one of the greatest U2 songs ever.
As has Unknown Caller, which keeps getting better each time.

In general, Streets is the most invigorating song I've ever heard, and it has by and large helped me through just about everything I've experienced since I first heard it 9 years ago.

and i have no compass
and i have no map
and i have no reasons
no reasons to get back

and i have no religion
and i don't know what's what
and i don't know the limit
the limit of what we got

don't worry baby
it'll be alright
you got the right shoes to get ya through the night
it's cold outside
but brightly lit
let's skip the subway
get your head out of the mud baby
put flowers in the mud baby
overground

no particular places names
no particular song
i've been hiding
what i am hiding from?

don't worry baby
it's gonna be alright
uncertainty can be a guiding light
i hear voices
ridiculous voices
out in the slipstream
take your head out of the mud baby

she's gonna dream up the world she wants to live in
she's gonna dream out loud
dream out loud

dream out loud

Oh, and this. Maybe this is the most inspirational U2 song ever. Yeah, I think it is.

SYCMIOYO - My mother was dying of cancer when this song first came out. We had a rough relationship my entire life, and when I first heard the song it had hit me very strong emotionally. My Mom and I had a wonderful 2 months together mending our woes, unfortunately it was the last 2 months of her life. After she passed I had gone to the Vertigo concert and heard the song live. I was so moved by it and still am.

Kite - This song says everything to me. Keeps me grounded as life goes on.

MOS - Once again a song that keeps me grounded when things get tough. It "speaks to me."

hard to pick one....

not my favourite, but DESIRE was the first U2 song I actually remember hearing knowing it was U2, in 89. Then the hook started ever since......:cute:

Kite.....it reminds me of my late father in law. When, he was ill. I would stay with him and believe or not. He liked the way that Bono sang. Especially, the song Kite. I think of him. Every time I hear it. It still brings tears to my eyes. My father in law was a very nice man. I miss him.

Mine is miracle drug, that song gave me so much inspiration, not just in my life, musically aswell, the first time I heard that song, I couldn't stop listening to it. I discovered U2 when they brought out HTDAAB, that year I had to get my dog put down, which being 14 at the time was the worst experience I had ever been through! My dad gave me HTDAAB to listen to and I thought, ''oh U2 another dad band, I'll give em listen'', and it was the best choice I had ever made at the time, after hearing Miracle drug life seemed better I looked at the world differently, I treated people different, that song changed me I guess, I just wanted a guitar, I wanted to sing, I wanted music to be my life...So yep that song has so much inspiration, words can't describe how much I love it!

Beautiful Day - It just reminds me that no matter what is going on or has happened in my life, that I should take the time time to stop and look at the little, sometimes insignificant things in life that make up the day and make the world go around.

Drowning Man - Just the simple but powerful message that you can send to a loved on or someone in trouble that they are never alone and that you will move heaven and earth for them if need be.

I Will Follow has been the most inspiring. Since I am going through my teenage years my mom and dad has always been there for me. They are leading me and I follow them to learn about life. Sure, I get so frustrated about why my parent treat me so strict when I was about ten years old but at this age I began to learn and understand things. I still have a lot to learn about life as I get older.

Walk On.

I remember hearing it a few weeks before ATYCLB came out. This was the first song that had my little U2 head bop going. Plus, I was going through a rough patch and the song kind of reinforced that advice of walking on despite all of life's current bullshit.

It's been in my U2 Top Ten since then.

Pride.

Standing up for what you believe. A song about martyrs for the cause

Funny. I went back to the start of the thread and it seems a lot of posters found inspiration in some our now frowned-upon NLOTH tracks.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Back
Top Bottom