What U2 album has stuck by you the most?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theedgeu2

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Secretly listening to a U2 record that's beyond th
For me it has to be 'War'. I remember, this was three years ago, my parents leaving for Cancun and leaving me at my grandmother's place for a week. I brought 'War' along to keep me company because there is nothing to do at her place. I think I must have listened to it all week! Since then this album has had a special place with me. I remember listening to "Red Light" in the guest room singing along.:lol: But yeah, I love this album!

Albums just aren't that important to me in the digital era -- everything's usually listened to via playlists or shuffle.

But I would say that the songs of ATYCLB have stuck with me a lot because that album so well captured the zeitgeist of the 9/11 era.

The Joshua Tree.. the album that made me fall in love with them when I was a teen.

The Joshua Tree.. the album that made me fall in love with them when I was a teen.

Joshua Tree :up:

Yes.

JT is wonderful. It's brilliant, start to finish. I'm actually on my 5th (!) copy, not including my MFSL ultradisc which is a download...2 worn out tapes, 2 regular cd's (one stolen :down:), and the remaster. For me it's never gotten old or dated and remains my favorite album, by anyone, not just U2.

Achtung, even though it's not my favorite. I've listened to it more than any other album by any artist.

achtung baby. it's what made me a fan, it's been my favourite album ever since i first heard it. aside from one or two (imo) bad songs, i love it. i can't imagine it ever not being my favourite u2 album.

The Joshua Tree. I liked Achtung a lot, almost as much as JT, but then heard all the live versions, which made me realize how shitty the sound is on Achtung Baby. JT is as good as it was the day I bought it, to my ears.

definitely Achtung Baby. i've gone through love/hate sessions with every other U2 album except this one.

October and Achtung Baby. I listen to AB more, but October is the underdog that I always come back to. Both got me through the emotional transitions in late high school and early college.

Acthung i love, but All That you Cant Leave Behind was the soundtrack to a very magical time for me.

I also became a fan after hearing Vertigo, then i discovered ATYCLB and then i definitely wanted to hear more from some band called U2. Then i found AB and then it went fast, and i have all their albums and live dvd's by now.

The song i have the most memories with is SBS, and while i love Achtung Baby,the album that struck the most is The Joshua Tree. It is probably one of my favorite albums of all time, i love every song on it, and i still find it a pleasure to listen to it, even though i have listen to it at least a 100 times.

Boy - this is a very underrated album in my opinion and its so strong all the way through. Unlike albums that are on the whole better like AB, JT, UF, Boy doesn’t have one moment on it I feel like skipping over. When I was 10, in 1990 my parents gave me their cassette of this album. They really aren’t really into rock/pop to much but my Dad bought it back when it came out. That’s the only U2 I listened to until late ‘93. I was pretty much under a rock when it came to music back then - never listened to the radio and had only a few other tapes. I thought U2 was just some random band that put out a couple records and then disappeared. Anyway, I loved ( and still do love) Boy and this was the only U2 “sound “ I knew for at least 3 years. My parents would let me play it in the car when we went on some long trips that summer of ‘90 and I remember thinking just how extraordinary and original the sound of that record was. For whatever reason, it wasn’t until late ‘93 I got another U2 album - Actung Baby! Imagine my shock! Not just a JT/RH to AB jump. A jump from Boy pretty much right over everything else to AB.

The Joshua Tree.

I can not count how many times that album kept me company. Yeah, I know it's silly to say that, but it did and it has.

i love songs from every album but as a whole

pop...its the only album I actually listen to right through no matter what mood im in.:reject:

i remember when I realized that by default it was my favorite album. I was like :ohmy: i guess i DO like this album

I only skip 1 song...miami.

ATYCLB has a special place in my heart. my College album

i love songs from every album but as a whole

pop...its the only album I actually listen to right through no matter what mood im in.:reject:

i remember when I realized that by default it was my favorite album. I was like :ohmy: i guess i DO like this album

I only skip 1 song...miami.

ATYCLB has a special place in my heart. my College album

:up: Pop does indeed sound modern every year I put it on. Except I have grown to love Miami.

ATYCLB was the first full U2 album I listened after performing Walk On and it is a special album which captures a very special mood and time.

Toughie . . . The Unforgettable Fire, Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby all for a variety of different reasons . . . The Unforgettable Fire because of TUF, Homecoming and Bad - that song just blew my mind the first time I heard it and is at the top of my 'let it all out' list of songs . . . extraordinarily cathartic belting that one out :)

The Joshua Tree, which is when I just knew that this would be a band that would make me smile for a long long time to come - the excitement of waiting for the album release and the sheer explosion of happiness as I listened in amazement at the sounds blasting from my fuzzy black speakers . . .

Achtung Baby, I was in Dublin when the Fly was first released, visiting Windmill Lane, soaking up the dinghy vibes of 'The Baggot Inn', hitting Temple Bar and St Stephens Green . . . taking a train to Howth and accommpanied all the while by this staggering album unfolding as I explored the world outside my window for the very first time

Got a bit long winded there :D

Toughie . . . The Unforgettable Fire, Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby all for a variety of different reasons . . . The Unforgettable Fire because of TUF, Homecoming and Bad - that song just blew my mind the first time I heard it and is at the top of my 'let it all out' list of songs . . . extraordinarily cathartic belting that one out :)

The Joshua Tree, which is when I just knew that this would be a band that would make me smile for a long long time to come - the excitement of waiting for the album release and the sheer explosion of happiness as I listened in amazement at the sounds blasting from my fuzzy black speakers . . .

Achtung Baby, I was in Dublin when the Fly was first released, visiting Windmill Lane, soaking up the dinghy vibes of 'The Baggot Inn', hitting Temple Bar and St Stephens Green . . . taking a train to Howth and accommpanied all the while by this staggering album unfolding as I explored the world outside my window for the very first time

Got a bit long winded there :D
Sounds magnificent. :applaud: Did you do Dockers as well (my favourite U2 spot)?
Me, JT I think, I remember being so blown away on first listen, the day it was released, I remember that day vividly.

Achtung Baby! I got it for my 15th b-day on cassette and when I got my first CD player for Christmas the next year, I got it on CD.

HTDAAB was the album that made me like U2, but it was The Joshua Tree that made them my favourite band. It's a masterpiece, and I remember melting inside when I first heard Where The Streets Have No Name. And did they gave me a few songs to recover? No, then they throw me ISHFWILF and WOWY, and everything just felt awesome.

Back
Top Bottom