What songs will NEVER be played again?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vertigo is definitely the best of the last three tours if you ask me. In fact, in terms of the song selection, I'd say it was the best and most interesting since Lovetown.

as long as Zooropa makes it to Europe on the next tour rather than being wasted on stadiums full of bored Americans in 2011 then I don't mind what gets dropped/included. :wink:

for starters, songs I reckon will never return are (sadly) Do You Feel Loved, MOFO, Last Night On Earth, which is a shame because the last two were insane live and DYFL could still sound amazing if they managed to work it out properly. 8 times on Popmart isn't enough.

I couldn't see An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart coming back again either sadly. Wish I'd got to hear that but by the time I saw Vertigo in Cardiff it had been dropped. it seems like bringing it back after 21 years seemed a BIT of a mistake, however great a song it is, simply because in that time they'd become the biggest band in the world and were now playing to crowds ten times the size where a song like that would just fall flat. if they do play smaller venues then it's not completely impossible I guess.

fingers crossed for Lemon though! :drool:

I HOPE HOPE HOPE....that GOYB and Crazy Tonight Dance Mix NEVER see the light of day again.
Id be suprised if we ever hear the likes of NEW YOrk, Love And Peace Or Else, Yahweh or the likes again live.

I'd love to see Lemon. If they create a context where it'd make sense to play it, and Bono's voice can hit the notes (or more likely modify the song so he can make it respectable), it's a possibility. I know what Edge said about LNOE, but I think it has a better shot to be played than MOFO, or DYFL. I'd love to see it played. Crazy Tonight remix is pretty connected to 360, so I don't think we'll see it again. I enjoyed it, but I'd rather see just about anything else on the next tour.

Man, I forgot about that song. I was at the Meadowlands for the NetAid concert where it was played, twice! I don't strongly dislike many U2/ Bono songs, but that one was pure dogshit.

Holy Shit, dude! I gotta give you props for going to NetAid. Yeah, that song wasn't the greatest, but dogshit? That's a little harsh. :wink: Wyclef and Bono were decent combo. At least it was for a good cause.

Holy Shit, dude! I gotta give you props for going to NetAid. Yeah, that song wasn't the greatest, but dogshit? That's a little harsh. :wink: Wyclef and Bono were decent combo. At least it was for a good cause.

I'll give props to Wyclef for his performance at NetAid. I was not a fan of his before that show, but he truly is an entertainer- backflips and all. The song New Day? Still dogshit ;) I don't even remember hearing it on the radio. The NetAid show was kinda sad because the 50,000 or so seat stadium had maybe 15,000 people in it. Bono's voice that day was also gone. Reminded me of the Sarajevo show.

at the Hartford Vertigo show, Edge played the solo more like Elevation-style. wasn't the slow version. much better. Easily my favorite bullet of the tour.

I was at this show and I noticed this also.... I think if my old fuzzy memory serves me is when Edge shredded the solo during Pride, someone else had mentioned he did it because Bono was having the crowd sing during Edge's part... I'm not sure but Edge melted our faces off with it. :rockon:

Not this tour, but I'd think it'd be played some time in the future. Even if it's something like the Mary J. Blige thing.

I mean I wouldn't be shocked if bono performed moment of surrender again in some capacity... but as a u2 full band performance? I think its D.O.A.

They have too many long songs as it is to include an 8 minute song off an album that nobody liked, even if many hardcore U2 fans love the song.

I mean if they went all springsteen on us and just shuffled setlists around, sure all bets are off... or if this 6 shows in 6 cities thing comes to be... but in their traditional way of putting together setlists, I just don't see it.

I was at this show and I noticed this also.... I think if my old fuzzy memory serves me is when Edge shredded the solo during Pride, someone else had mentioned he did it because Bono was having the crowd sing during Edge's part... I'm not sure but Edge melted our faces off with it. :rockon:

yep, he did. was one of the better shows of the tour that i went to.

Back
Top Bottom