What songs do you predict will be on the NEXT tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Want them to add: Gone, When I Look At The World, Kite, Surrender, One Tree Hill, Breathe, Red Hill Mining Town, Whose Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses

Think they'll add: Staring at the Sun, Kite, One Tree Hill (more often), Wild Horses

Dear U2:

For the love of god, please play [When I Look At The World].

Thank you.

Yesss....if only they would!! :hmm: as has been said in this thread already, it would require Bono on guitar - otherwise it wouldn't work

and if it never happens we'll always have this - I can't imagine U2 playing this any other way had they done it on Elevation, it's the best :)

WHEN I LOOK AT THE WORLD Live U2 song By lemon_mpg - YouTube

I'm interested to see how many, and which NLOTH songs make it to the next tour. My guess right now would be just one, but which? MOS is the best thing that came from that record, but it's hard to see it as anything but a closer. I doubt they'd bring Boots back, and that Crazy Tonight remix seemed to be 360 only thing. Magnificent, then maybe, but I'd guess it would be No Line on the Horizon.

:pray:
Acrobat
WILATW
One Tree Hill
Promenade
Heartland
ASOH

:yippie:
Dirty Day
Gone
Mofo
So Cruel

:rockon:
HMTMKMKM
Ultraviolet
Streets

:grumpy:
PITNOL
Both WOWY and One (same show)
Vertigo

:angry::fist::yell:
Boots

From NLOTH I don't see a lot surviving. They'll probably play Boots for the first half dozen shows until it gets dropped, and maybe an acoustic version of Crazy but that's it... MOS is a good song but saps the energy of the crowd, and one of the most common complaints I heard on 360 was that they should have ended on a better song.

More 00s, less 90s, please. Last tour had way too many songs from Pop.

STreets
Pride
WOWY
Bloody Sunday
One
Pride
Still haven't found
New Years Day
I will follow
Elevation
Bueatiful Day
Vertigo

are all near certainties- beyond that they've got any number of songs to choose- Magnificent is likely the only one from NLOTH to make the cut- the rest who knows

Magnificent is likely the only one from NLOTH to make the cut- the rest who knows

I've said this a gazillion times but hell whats another repeat..

They should give Magnificent the Crazy Tonight slot and do it a la the Falke (or other) remix. I actually think this is the track that should have been the dance hit and they need to at least give it a shot. They came close one (or more) nights on 360, but I can't seem to find the video..

I even think they could have had a big single with it as the lead off. (maybe the Falke Radio edit or something)

I know Edge mentioned Luminous Times as a possibility for the 360 Tour. I still have hope to hear this and other b-sides live. Especially WTTW and LWTSH.

Well, Adam did say in U22 of MOS, "It's a very unusual song and a great set closer. I think it's going to be around for a long time." Clearly, the band love that one, even as a closing song.

Is it just me, or does it feel like One and WOWY occupy the same emotional space during a show? I guess the band feels obligated to play both, but it seems as if the energy that belongs there is somehow divided between the two of them, making each less than it should be. Though both remain outstanding songs, I've been underwhelmed at the perfunctory nature of the way they were performed on the last two tours.

Again, I understand the need to play both, most people at concerts are casual fans, and want to hear all the hits, I get that, but perhaps they could alternate that slot between the two songs.

I think that MOS is the only NLOTH song with a realistic chance of returning. And even that is difficult to imagine to me in a sense. It's a long, slow, not terribly well known song, and the audience may not respond too well to that. I can see it going the same was as Drowning Man. But I love the song, and I hope that it stays around. And the band seem to like it a lot, which is a good sign.

I really wish they'd play NLOTH & Breathe from time to time, but there's like no way in hell they'll do it, maybe the occasional appearance of Magnificent if we're lucky, though the live arrangement of that one never met the power of the recording, this is on the band's arrangement not the potential for the song live though.

I dislike 40, especially as a closer.

Walk On on the Elevation tour was far and away their best closer. It was powerful and perfectly executed. The song itself was infinitely better than the neutered, masked version that was on 360.

I think GOYB survives. The Live version is pretty good. Though Breathe should be in it.

I really like the Elevation Boston "Wake Up Dead Man" into "Walk On"...they make a great combo and the passion in Walk On was great. Would love to see those two as a closer.

I don't predict anything, but I'd love to see/hear:

11 O'Clock Tick Tock
A Day Without Me
A Sort Of Homecoming
Promenade
Bad (I was so amazed when I was lucky to witness this song)
In God's Country
Exit
Hawkmoon
Heartland
Love Is Blindness
Lemon
Mofo
Please
Fez

One can dream....

I expect to see Boots early on the next tour - whether it survives long is debatable, but U2 tend to trot out the lead single from their previous album for at least the start of the subsequent tour. In fact, the only time a tour did not feature the lead single from the previous album was Popmart, which featured neither The Fly nor Numb. (I await the smart-arse to say that it did have Miss Sarajevo once, the lead single from Passengers, and thus also meets the test.) Outside of the Popmart example, the poorest performer was Fire, October's lead single, which appeared on the Pre-War Tour and at the first night of the War Tour proper, and then disappeared into oblivion.

Beyond that, if it's an arena tour I'm sure MOS will get trotted out; a stadium tour I doubt it. Magnificent might get a brief run. If there's an acoustic set I wouldn't be surprised to see them try Crazy Tonight or even give White As Snow a debut. That's it, though I reckon NLOTH (the song) deserves more stage time.

I expect to see Boots early on the next tour - whether it survives long is debatable, but U2 tend to trot out the lead single from their previous album for at least the start of the subsequent tour. In fact, the only time a tour did not feature the lead single from the previous album was Popmart, which featured neither The Fly nor Numb. (I await the smart-arse to say that it did have Miss Sarajevo once, the lead single from Passengers, and thus also meets the test.) Outside of the Popmart example, the poorest performer was Fire, October's lead single, which appeared on the Pre-War Tour and at the first night of the War Tour proper, and then disappeared into oblivion.

Beyond that, if it's an arena tour I'm sure MOS will get trotted out; a stadium tour I doubt it. Magnificent might get a brief run. If there's an acoustic set I wouldn't be surprised to see them try Crazy Tonight or even give White As Snow a debut. That's it, though I reckon NLOTH (the song) deserves more stage time.

I had the same initial thought as you regarding Boots, as the first single, returning. As you point out, they've always done that before, even if just for a short time (e.g. Discothèque). But I never felt like even Discothèque got the push back and negative reaction Boots did...maybe just because with the internet and social networking bad word about something can spread much faster. I don't know, Boots almost feels like U2's Jar Jar Binks to me at this point...opinion on it has pretty much solidified. This band is always VERY sensitive to what's being said about their music, and I kind of get the feeling the want to move on from Boots in a pretty big way.

Having said that, you're probably right and U2 will likely play it, at least initially, as a face-saving move if for no other reason. But I still have a feeling that NLOTH is the song that will be played on most of the next tour.

I had the same initial thought as you regarding Boots, as the first single, returning. As you point out, they've always done that before, even if just for a short time (e.g. Discothèque). But I never felt like even Discothèque got the push back and negative reaction Boots did...maybe just because with the internet and social networking bad word about something can spread much faster. I don't know, Boots almost feels like U2's Jar Jar Binks to me at this point...opinion on it has pretty much solidified. This band is always VERY sensitive to what's being said about their music, and I kind of get the feeling the want to move on from Boots in a pretty big way.

Having said that, you're probably right and U2 will likely play it, at least initially, as a face-saving move if for no other reason. But I still have a feeling that NLOTH is the song that will be played on most of the next tour.

The Discotheque comparison is the one I had in mind too, and I could picture Boots returning in some sort of similar capacity. They did end up playing it at every 360 show too, which could make the case for it making at least some appearance even stronger.

Even with the negative reaction to Discotheque - and I think U2 were pretty scarred after Popmart's poor US reception, enough so that when they did do Discotheque they completely changed it up and did it in a different style - it still managed to linger infrequently in the set right through to the end of the second leg. But I agree, Boots must be haunting the band and it would certainly not be a surprise if it became a lead single with live representation as poor as Fire and Numb.

I'd love NLOTH to be the song played most on the next tour, but given it got dropped on 360 I'm not getting my hopes up.

They did end up playing it at every 360 show too, which could make the case for it making at least some appearance even stronger.

This is pretty normal for lead singles though. The last lead single to not be performed at every gig of its debut tour was Desire on Lovetown, and it missed just one show. U2 have always pushed their lead singles hard on tour, even if they didn't go down too well.

Back
Top Bottom