What songs do you predict will be on the NEXT tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hope to god that MoS finds a permanent role in U2's setlists, even if that role is just as an occasional special song, like Bad. To me, it's an incredibly special song, miles better than the rest of NLOTH (an album that I like a lot). I think the band like it a lot too. But, in reality, I don't think that it will. I adore how it was played live, but it can sound a little "boring" if I put myself in the shoes of a casual fan, and I can understand why U2 wouldn't want to keep it. It doesn't have the same sort of energy that Bad does.

+1

And I agree that, while I'd love for it to stay (I think it's the best thing U2's done in the past 20 years), I don't believe it will, except maybe in snippets. I just can't see where it would fit into the setlist.

Dammit, Nick, you quoted my post after I posted it by accident and before I was able to edit it. :wink:

I imagine Boots may stick around, and possibly Crazy Tonight or Magnificent. Moment of Surrender will likely get only a few appearances beyond the 360° Tour.

11 O'Clock Tick Tock
A Day Without Me
Gloria
A Sort Of Homecoming
Exit
Hawkmoon 269
Heartland
Love Is Blindness
If God Will Send His Angels
Fez-Being Born

are the obvious choices, but they also might play this:

Streets
Beautiful Day
One
Vertigo

/

Hoping for indoor shows with varied setlist, would love to hear them play any of these :

Rejoice
Two Hearts Beat As One
Gloria
Twilight
A Sort Of Homecoming
Exit
God Part II
Love Is Blindness
MOFO
When I Look At The World
Heartland
Drowning Man

:hmm:

This isnt what i predict but what i want:

11 o clock tick tock
Gloria
Seconds
Two hearts beat as one
Sort of homecoming
Exit
God part 2
Acrobat
Lemon
Mofo
Discotheque
The ground beneath her feet
Miracle drug
Fez

The chances Of these being played are very slim

pride
with or without you
streets
looking for
i will follow
sunday bloody sunday
new years day
one
real thing
until the end of the world
stay
beautiful day
stuck in a moment
in a little while
vertigo
cobl
get on your boots
moment of surrender

and six new songs

there will be some surprises but I'd bet $20 that I'm 80% correct.

What they should do is play their new album front to back, like Weller and the Pumpkins.

pride
with or without you
streets
looking for
i will follow
sunday bloody sunday
new years day
one
real thing
until the end of the world
stay
beautiful day
stuck in a moment
in a little while
vertigo
cobl
get on your boots
moment of surrender

and six new songs

there will be some surprises but I'd bet $20 that I'm 80% correct.

What they should do is play their new album front to back, like Weller and the Pumpkins.

MOS won't be played, at least as part of the regular setlist, in any substantial way (perhaps in snippets) on the next tour. Unfortunately.

With the new re-emphasis on being dance-y, a la the Crazy Tonight remix, I'm thinking Discotheque makes a comeback in some sort of reworked version.

Bono is doing the falsetto in studio for Your Blue Room, pre-recorded vocal of Sinead O'Connor is doing the live one. That's not The Edge so chances for Lemon are as slim as ever I'm afraid.

I think Bono can pull off the "Lemon" falsetto. It just has to be at a point where his voice is warmed up. Note, even in the JT era, Bono couldn't always pull off his falsetto (readily shown on the Paris DVD). It all depends on the day, weather, health, etc. But the falsetto there isn't nearly as high as some of the other falsettos he's done. Plus, with live, he can always drop some of the falsetto if necessary and mix with his normal open throat voice.

The reality is whether the song fits the theme of the concert. If it does, then maybe.

They should let me go on tour with them and I'll sing Lemon. My falsetto is quite good. I'll even dress up as MacPhisto. I have red hair, so I'm already mildly demonic.

It was a snippet in Bad. Hardly a proper live version of the song.

A much as I love that song, that live version is awful. Sounds like (and possibly is) the music of Bad with lyrics of WILATW. It's a mess! But if they played a proper live version then I'm up for it.

lol, funny you should say that, since that's exactly what it is. It's a snippet in a performance of Bad.

But the entire song, in the album setting, would be epic.

Then again, it would require Bono to play guitar. Which is a problem.

Back
Top Bottom