What songs do you predict will be on the NEXT tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i remember back during Vertigo we all said it'd be great if they dusted off Lemon and Edge did the falsetto. but given the fact that its written about or mostly based on memories/home movies of his late Mother, I wouldn't be surprised if he'd rather just keep hold of a song that personal rather than have his bandmate sing it if they ever brought it back and he was incapable of singing it himself.

Wow, I didn't know the origins of Lemon, thanks for that. This could be a reason, but another reason is that B would need to think of an action to entertain the crowd while Edge does the falsetto.

Eh, on other songs like YBR or Stuck, there was never an issue with Edge doing the falsetto (yes, I know Edge does the original falsetto on the studio versions of those too). I'm so glad our dear band doesn't have power struggle ego-tripping issues.

:hug:+:hug:= U2

Before the 360 tour I posted a list of songs that actually were played, I'll try to find the thread, but in the meanwhile;

Heartland
God Part II
Gloria
Discotheque
Gone
In God's Country
Love Is Blindness
Dirty Day
11 O'Clock Tick Tock

You would probably have to see the stage first in order to determine the nature of the material performed on it.

If it's a giant neon penis suspended in midair, probably In A Little While and Grace. No Pop of any kind, ever.

Wow, I didn't know the origins of Lemon, thanks for that. This could be a reason, but another reason is that B would need to think of an action to entertain the crowd while Edge does the falsetto.

Eh, on other songs like YBR or Stuck, there was never an issue with Edge doing the falsetto (yes, I know Edge does the original falsetto on the studio versions of those too). I'm so glad our dear band doesn't have power struggle ego-tripping issues.

:hug:+:hug:= U2

The original falsetto on YBR is Bono...?

The original album version on Passengers has Bono doing the falsetto. Bono probably couldn't pull it off live so Edge stepped in.

Agreed. The warhorses are obviously not going anywhere. :wink:

I didn't really list the songs I think will be on the next tour, so here I go:

Where The Streets Have No Name
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
With or Without You
Sunday Bloody Sunday
New Year's Day
One
Mysterious Ways
Until The End Of The World
Beautiful Day
City of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
I Will Follow
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Bad
All I Want Is You

Then there's the new songs, some POP material (hopefully) and surprises. :wink:

Bono is doing the falsetto in studio for Your Blue Room, pre-recorded vocal of Sinead O'Connor is doing the live one. That's not The Edge so chances for Lemon are as slim as ever I'm afraid.

wishlist

k- so i feel much better there are others, although its a small thread, but SOME of you are speculating. my wife thinks ive totally lost my marbles.

i could really do without POP, but U2 has something for everybody...

i'd assume they do play 4 or 5 new tunes- like
stingray
mercy
every breaking wave
glastonbury...

then yep, the mainstays

one
streets
beautiful day
with or without you
pride
sunday

im not so sure there are other mainstays-- elevation, vertigo?

so-- figure on the new, and the classic taking 12 songs...

that leaves 10 from which they can draw on anything. So, MY wishlist, they could take from any of these (no particular order) I'd be more than thrilled:

Magnificent
I Know I'll Go Crazy (original)
Zoo Station
Whos gonna ride...
Trying to throw your arms...
Running to Stand Still
Exit
Sort of Homecoming
Refugee
Gloria
Tomorrow
Stranger in a Strange Land
A Day Without Me
Sweetest Thing
Silver and Gold
Luminous Times
Party Girl
God Part II

Goes without saying i'd love to hear BAD, anywhere, anytime...

I'm an old school U2 fan... in my day, they ended shows with 40, and everyone would be singing 40 walking out of the stadium- i'd love to see that return...

Real thing
Stingray guitar
The fly
Myst ways
Until the end
Magnificent
Kite
Please
Sunday
Pride
One
Streets
Bullet
Wowy
Moment of surrender

+ new songs

I'd welcome Bullet back to the set!

I really think at this point it's time for some of the other tracks from War to get an airing. "2 hearts", "Seconds" and "Surrender" would all be good ones. And of course, "Drowning Man" deserves a debut after that unforgiveable 360 tease.

Same for tracks 6-11 on Joshua Tree.

Love is Blindness - replete with 3 minute guitar solo (during which Bono kindly shuts up). This is the one U2 song I want to hear live before I die.

lemonfly said:
Love is Blindness - replete with 3 minute guitar solo (during which Bono kindly shuts up).

That won't happen. I'm not talking about them playing Love is Blindness, but about Bono shutting up.

Call Me Maybe

Seriously, I have no idea. I wish they would do what Bruce does and take random fan requests from the GA. Not just their songs, but any songs-stump the band sort of thing. I'd love to see if they could do it.

These will be at every show:

Streets
One
Beautiful Day
Vertigo

I think this will finally replace Pride as the TUF staple:

Bad

They'll also be happy enough with the new album to play at least 6-7 songs from it at virtually every tour stop. So, that's about 12 of the 22-24 songs in the set out of the way. I could see the rest of the tracks splitting evenly between overplayed classics (NYD, SBS, MW, etc.) and some well liked album tracks and singles (Discotheque, Gloria, etc.)

Seriously, I have no idea. I wish they would do what Bruce does and take random fan requests from the GA. Not just their songs, but any songs-stump the band sort of thing. I'd love to see if they could do it.

We already know they can't do this. Numerous cases from Elevation and Vertigo tours prove it.

MrsSpringsteen said:
Call Me Maybe

Call Me Maybe was the last dance at my wedding. Wasn't supposed to be. But alas it was. Springsteen "Because The Night" was supposed to be. It ended up the second to last song.

For shame :reject:

But somebody at the wedding works for Rolling Stone and ran into Carly Ray Jespen the next week and told her about the wedding, so there's that.

Which songs do you think will survive from No Line? Seems like Boots, Magnificent, and Moment of Surrender are the only ones with a decent shot. If they keep Boots though, they need to drop Elevation.

I think Magnificent has the best chance. They love MOS, but it will be difficult to fit in a show without boring everyone.

I hope to god that MoS finds a permanent role in U2's setlists, even if that role is just as an occasional special song, like Bad. To me, it's an incredibly special song, miles better than the rest of NLOTH (an album that I like a lot). I think the band like it a lot too. But, in reality, I don't think that it will. I adore how it was played live, but it can sound a little "boring" if I put myself in the shoes of a casual fan, and I can understand why U2 wouldn't want to keep it. It doesn't have the same sort of energy that Bad does.

Back
Top Bottom