What is your favourite penultimate track on a U2 album?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your favourite penultimate track?

• Total voters

Axver

Vocal parasite
I hope you all know what "penultimate" means and never misuse it.

Tough choice, but I went with Original Of The Species.

And actually, I love the word "penultimate." Every time I get the chance to use it appropriately, I do.

Yeah this one's actually much tougher than the track eight poll for me. Exit, The Electric Co., and Please, are all big favourites of mine - but Acrobat gets the nod.

Oh shit I forgot about Please and Acrobat.

And if they had used the original ATYCLB track list, When I Look At The World would be up there as well.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Oh shit I forgot about Please and Acrobat.

And if they had used the original ATYCLB track list, When I Look At The World would be up there as well.

When I Look At The World would be up there with Acrobat, in my opinion.

The live version of Please is one of the five or so greatest things U2 has ever done, but the album version is more like a demo. This is difficult.

The live version of Please from Sarajevo is out of this fucking world. Definitive live U2.

I legit love all of these songs from Electric Co. through to Please. Quality drops off a bit in the 2000s but that's just reflecting a broader reality. OOTS in particular is a painful outlier.

Exit. Was obvious even before I looked at the poll what would be WAY out in front and it's a fine song but Exit gets to a place sonically and in terms of overall feel where very few songs by anyone at all do, for me.

They sure have their way with penultimate songs. Acrobat, Exit, Dirty Day and Please are all fantastic songs.

Your face is lifeless.

The live version is a billion times better, I'll give you that.

I'm surprised The Electric Co. has no votes yet, given how popular it is here and how well it usually does in Survivor. I guess putting it up against the likes of Acrobat doesn't help.

And yeah, studio Dirty Day is lifeless and has a shit vocal take. Live Dirty Day is one of U2's finest moments.

I voted for Acrobat.

Could of easily picked Please or Exit but the studio versions of both those songs pale in comparison to their live versions.

Back
Top Bottom