What is your favourite penultimate track on a U2 album?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your favourite penultimate track?

• Total voters
Acrobat pales as well in comparison to its live vers...

Oh wait.

Well at least I managed to hear Yahweh live. Fuck this band.

Acrobat pales as well in comparison to its live vers...

Oh wait.

Well at least I managed to hear Yahweh live. Fuck this band.

Maybe they'll give it go on the next tour...maybe.

I also had the displeasure of hearing Yahweh live. Everyone around me was looking at each other with false smiles like "yeah, this is still good!".

I'm surprised The Electric Co. has no votes yet, given how popular it is here and how well it usually does in Survivor. I guess putting it up against the likes of Acrobat doesn't help.

And yeah, studio Dirty Day is lifeless and has a shit vocal take. Live Dirty Day is one of U2's finest moments.

Consider it done. I just couldn't vote on mobile. :)

OOTS currently has more votes than Exit. That a banal shitstain of a song should be more popular than one of their most darkly powerful and haunting tracks is pretty fucking depressing.

Acrobat, Please, Electric Co, and Exit trump them all by a mile. OOTS had good potential, the editing is embarrassing. How the heck does a band like U2 put that horribly edited of a song on an album. I mean you can even hear where they cut takes on the song fergodsakes.

OOTS currently has more votes than Exit. That a banal shitstain of a song should be more popular than one of their most darkly powerful and haunting tracks is pretty fucking depressing.

Elvis Presley and America also has four times as many votes as The Electric Co., but in a survivor EPAA would lose very easily. Exit is probably a lot of people's 3rd or 4th favorite.

Last edited:
A lot of top songs here...Acrobat, The Electric Co., Exit, Elvis Presley and America, Please.

I think I'll go with Elvis Presley and America. They've never done anything like it. Such a unique and amazing song.

A lot of top songs here...Acrobat, The Electric Co., Exit, Elvis Presley and America, Please.

I think I'll go with Elvis Presley and America. They've never done anything like it. Such a unique and amazing song.

The Unforgettable Fire wouldn't be the same without it right?

I wish Larry would discover that particular drum sound again.

I've always loved EPAA. It's such a pleasant and atmospheric masterpiece. I also think its great how much it contrasts their 90s material. Really shows how much depth U2 has their to music that most people dont appreciate enough.

The Unforgettable Fire wouldn't be the same without it right?

I wish Larry would discover that particular drum sound again.

I've always loved EPAA. It's such a pleasant and atmospheric masterpiece. I also think its great how much it contrasts their 90s material. Really shows how much depth U2 has their to music that most people dont appreciate enough.

:up: TUF is my favorite album, by any band.

You'll have to excuse my ignorance here (I've only been around this place for a short while!), but why is the general consensus regarding Original of the Species so negative? I love that thing to death :lol: It has a very interesting and unique form/structure, it has power-house vocals, it has decent lyrics, AND it doesn't even sound as 'loud' or over-produced as the rest of the album. It's just an awesome song in my book :up: Has it got to do with the "coasting on the success of All That You Can't Leave Behind" thing?

I actually love pretty much the entirety of How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb, in all honesty :rockon: I was shocked when I found these fan sites for the first time and saw so many people despised it :lol:

Never put this :rockon: in front of How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb. Nevah!

how old are ya mate? i thought the same when i was 15.

Old enough to know that I think it kicks ass and that that's probably not going to change :wink:

Never put this :rockon: in front of How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb. Nevah!

Hello hello!

you_rock_025.gif

In a place called Vertigo :rockon:

We're kiddin' around, obviously. And we didn't tell him he's wrong.

You should really, really stop taking this forum so seriously.

Ok so I'm weird coz I voted for OOTS. OOTS and Yaweh really lift the album IMO. Acrobat is a better song but it's the icing on the cake by the time you get to it. So as a penultimate song on an album I think OOTS is better.

It comes down to Exit, Acrobat, and Please for me. Really hard to choose. But if live performances are considered, I think Please has to be it. Although that Live From Paris version of Exit is incredible. If only studio recordings are to be considered, than Acrobat probably gets it. But I'll assume live performances can be considered and vote for Please, since the live versions are among the most magical things U2 has ever done, imo, and since it's trailing anyway.

Back
Top Bottom