What is U2's most underrated song?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jack Bauer

The Fly
Well, couldn't find a thread about this, so.

For me it would be Zooropa. Only played 3 times live? It is the best song on the album, and the end is epic :drool:
They have to play it on 360 tour, it fits in perfectly.

And i would say One tree hill, but it got a tv show named after it, so it's not that underrated i guess ;)

Underrated by the band or by the fans?

If it's by the band, it's Levitate by a fuckin' billion miles.

Btw, here's a list:

Levitate
So Cruel
Hawkmoon 269
One Step Closer
Lady with the Spinning Head
Daddy's Gonna Pay for Your Crashed Car
Mothers of the Disappeared
God Part II
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
Zooropa
Miami
The Playboy Mansion

Daddy's gonna pay and Miami underrated? Really? Those are the one of the worst U2 songs, both of them, in my opinion.

And One Step Closer and Wild Horses are also underrated indeed. And I'll add In gods country and RHMT, and In a little while.

Underrated by the band or by the fans?

If it's by the band, it's Levitate by a fuckin' billion miles.
I looked Levitate up on Youtube, i don't like it quite frankly. Too much pop, doesn't fit at all on atyclb.

I was thinking underrated by the fans, but your choice. I don't know much about the opinions the band has on their songs, i only know that Bono's favorite song is Stay and Edge favorite riff is Streets.

Ok, my list...

One Step Closer
When I Look at the World
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
Crumbs From Your Table
Electrical Storm
Levitate
Red Hill Mining Town
Unforgettable Fire
MLK
If God Will Send His Angels

Daddy's gonna pay and Miami underrated? Really? Those are the one of the worst U2 songs, both of them, in my opinion.

And One Step Closer and Wild Horses are also underrated indeed. And I'll add In gods country and RHMT, and In a little while.

I looked Levitate up on Youtube, i don't like it quite frankly. Too much pop, doesn't fit at all on atyclb.

I was thinking underrated by the fans, but your choice. I don't know much about the opinions the band has on their songs, i only know that Bono's favorite song is Stay and Edge favorite riff is Streets.

:lol::lol:
Mr. Bauer and I have completely different tastes apparently. :wink:

Daddy's Gonna Pay is for sure on my U2 top 25 and I love Miami too. Indeed, forgot about IGC and IALW.
Levitate is my third favorite U2 song. To me, it's among the best things ever put on "record" by any artist.

Well, I think we can classify a song "underrated by the band" when it's released as a b-side or when it isn't played live a lot I guess.

Zooropa
Stay
Lemon
Dirty Day
Gone
Mofo
In a little while
Your blue room
Slug
Spanish eyes
Mothers of the dissapeared
please
Red hill
Hawkmoon
One step closer
A sort of Homecoming
do you feel loved
electrical storm
drowning man
EXIT
Love is blindness
Wake up dead man
promenade
Heartland
Kite.

yep. thats the list right there!

:up::up: some of their best songs :drool:

On this forum? Stuck In A freakin' Moment. By U2 fans overall, I ditto what others have said- Lemon, Your Blue Room, In A Little While, Crumbs, One Step Closer.

I really think Walk On is extremely underrated. By the BAND!!!!! themselves.

They seem to think that it's only justification for being is the fact that it's about Ang Yang whatever her name is.....which for me was deeply disappointing finding that out because the song feels so passionate and romantic, and it should be personal IMO.

Back
Top Bottom