What is U2's most underrated song?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good call. I do think that one is quite underrated.
:applaud: thanks. i know it gets a lot of crap but i love it.

another one i thought of is the studio version of 11 o'clock tick tock. everyone seems to love it live (and even i will admit it is amazing live), but i don't think the studio version is half bad either.

:applaud: thanks. i know it gets a lot of crap but i love it.

another one i thought of is the studio version of 11 o'clock tick tock. everyone seems to love it live (and even i will admit it is amazing live), but i don't think the studio version is half bad either.

I don't know why Real Thing would get a lot of crap. It's a tight rock and roll song and made up much of the soul and backbone of ZooTV....love the whole band in that song. It is one of the songs I give credit for making me the freak I am today. And who can forget that video?? Iconic.

Tick Tock I am much more familiar with the live version. I need to study up on the studio version a bit more :) It's on the Boy remaster, right? Haven't had a chance to purchase that one yet.

I'll just name a few for now:

TTTYATW- I absolutely love this song. So soothing...the guitar work, the beautiful vocal melody...I can't even describe it...it's just so awesome...everything about it. That middle eight-

"I dreamed that I saw dali, with a supermarket trolley, he was trying to throw his arms around a girl, he took an open top beetle, through the eye of a needle, he was tryin to throw his arms around the world"

ohhh wow...Bono's low register, the layers, everything about it is so fucking awesome...it's actually my most played AB song on itunes at the moment

Elvis Presley & America- There's something about this song that grabs me. It may go on a bit but the mood...something about it! I don't even know...I feel like it doesn't quite live up to its potential, as it could've really been a great song, but I appreciate it for what it is and enjoy it quite a bit. I don't think it deserves all the bashing it gets :)

Wake Up Dead Man - This song is rarely mentioned on Interference but I must admit it is in the top 3 best U2 closers, its just so dark and heartfelt, Bono really meant what he was singing. Simply haunting and beautiful, give it an appreciation thread.

Miami - An addictive song, but it was considered one of the U2s worst? What the hell? I think it's very fun, it makes me want to groove and even dance and that bass is so funky. Respect.

New York - Once again, a great song not often mentioned. It has this percussion loop thing that I absolutely adore, the song feels exactly like New York, I just love how it explodes into a big and epic chorus, see the Boston DVD version where the song absolutely comes to life. Bring it back for the 360 tour please.

Be back with more later.

Loads; A celebration, Elvis Presley and America, Refugee, Even Better than the real thing, 11 o'clock tick tock (studio) So cruel, miami and WITH A SHOUT(JERUSALEM.)

Hold me thrill me kiss me kill me. Album-worthy, but a mere soundtrack song instead.

On an album, probably Please.

Well seeing as it's personal I really think these songs do not get enough recognition:

1. Twilight (Boy and Live version . Livew this was incredible!)
2. Red Light
2. Bass Trap
3. Zooropa
4. Lady With the Spinning Head
5. Do You Feel Loved
6. She's a Mystery to Me (Live) (Lucky enough to see it!!!)
7. Satellite of Love (Live only!)

No contest:

If God Will Send His Angels :drool::drool::drool: --- this song turned me into a U2 groupie...
When I Look At the World :drool::drool: --- I know it's said The Edge forgot how to play the album version of this, but I don't care if they have to come up with new arrangement to play this live, just to hear the lyrics... Kansas City was so lucky to have had Bono sang a snippet of this
Promenade :drool: --- I just have a vivid image of Bono in Slane Castle looking up at the fireworks whenever I hear this song

Do You Feel Loved

Goldeneye (Bono and Edge Version)

She's Gonna Blow Your House Down

Always

I could go on and on....

I like most of what people have said here.

These are all underrated songs.

I will just say we need some reinforcing of In God's Country.

And we need some TRIP THROUGH YOUR WIRES

That song is awesome and criminally underrated, I don't care what anyone says.

Back
Top Bottom