What is the stupidest decision U2 has ever made?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bono wearing eastern block military hats.
Bono wearing any type of cowboy hat.
Wanting to be artistically relevant and the biggest band in the world at the same time .

Sent from my SM-G850F using U2 Interference mobile app

1: Rattle & Hum should have been a normal album with bonus live cd
2: Rattle & Hum film should have been a set (Movie + Full Concert video)
3: No Lovetown Concert DVDs' released to date, wtf already
4: No ZooTV Outdoor Broadcast with Mirrorball Man Concert DVD released to date, another wtf
5: Discotheque video and overall band image for the tour.
6: Vertigo Tour's endless rambling by Bono. We don't need hear the bands stance on every political crisis in every corner of the globe before every song at a rock concert.
7: No Line middle 3 didn't belong on that album
8: Songs of Innocence/Experience should have been released as a double album
9: Not having an opt in prompt for the Itunes release
10: The bands neediness for public approval/perception and its impact on their creativity, grow some balls already

4. putting Crazy on the album instead of (the fantastatic) Winter

I was going to post recording Winter as another massive blunder, because "we put bullets in guns to protect the ones". Fortunately that awful decision got buried and affected nothing.

3: No Lovetown Concert DVDs' released to date, wtf already

No kidding.

Starting another thread so people can just post more lists, without any discussion? Yup, that's certainly what a message board is for :up:.

This photo session:

5831_2.jpg

5830_2.jpg

When they decided the commercial succes and popularity status is the most important thing for them - reason why they made ATYCLB the way they did

The Joshua Tree
What a pile of shit that album is. Especially the first four tracks, just pathetic horrible music. The most overrated album ever from the worst band on the planet.

1. Not having the guts to release Original Soundtracks as a U2 album. Coming only two years after the last album it could have been another cool, odd release like Zooropa. It would have given some excellent songs some much needed attention.

2. Scheduling Popmart before finishing Pop. Regardless of if it would have improved the album or not, it certainly would have given the band time to rehearse and get the tour started on the right foot.

3. Leaving "Levitate" and "Summer Rain" off ATYCLB.

4. The Best of 1990-2000

5. HTDAAB's tracklist

6. Bono almost setting his face on fire with a flare while blindfolded on the Vertigo tour.

7. "One" with Mary J. Blige

8. Releasing Boots as the first single

9. Spiderman: Turn Off The Dark

10. Working with Hamish Hamilton

So far, it seems the most popular nomination is the lyrics to Unknown Caller. Yes, indeed. I've tallied them up, and "three thirty thrEEEEEEEEEE" has 648 nominations. I agree wholeheartedly.

What does the coveted Nick66/u2girl/last unicorn trophy look like?

I'm torn. I have one, a bronzed copy of Achtung Baby with the word 'REMASTERED' plastered on the front, and the squares are replaced - half of them contain horrible opinions under the headline "I AM RIGHT AND YOU ARE WRONG". The other half contain photos of the four band members smiling, love hearts jotted around them, under the headline "DON'T SAY MEAN THINGS IT'S MEAN". The other trophy is just a genuine dump painted silver and gold.

Larry pinning that note on the school notice board in 1976.

That was really stupid, they should have just given up then.

Excellent nomination, thank you.

I need to see this.

You haven't..? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPEmNVCWxFI

Starting another thread so people can just post more lists, without any discussion? Yup, that's certainly what a message board is for :up:.

You have seen what discussion in this forum leads to. I am not a fan of the lists, though. Any posts with more than about 10 words I am not reading.

This photo session:

5831_2.jpg

5830_2.jpg

These are incredible. Larry really is a sour cunt, isn't he? You can't just spend your whole life riding on the drum intro to Sunday Bloody Sunday, mate.

This last one is my new favourite photo of U2, because of Adam's expression. What a man Adam Clayton is.

Using the rock and roll hall of fame show to show people that they were still "relevant" by largely ignoring anything pre-2000.

Rattle and Hum as a major motion picture

ABC's A Year In Pop

Get On Your Boots

Killing the momentum off of the Super Bowl, Fallon and the Oscars.

The iTunes auto download (really Apple's fault, but alas)

Guy-liner

Neutering the solo in Bullet The Blue Sky during Vertigo Tour

Having a press conference to announce your new album and then playing a B side

Trying to dribble a basketball around the Elevation heart

Spiderman

Not including Crystal Ballroom on the proper album

Bikes

This shirt
HOREFk2g4PjOM1iqWNDJtvDaf_eFHri4spZZA5dakVpKztUFkHLVr0g5PqffwYjYYRb9ihpdsWvn77LQby2hA0DkNhj_3JpsTdg=w1600.jpg

Speaking of Adam Clayton, clearly the stupidest decision U2 has ever made was not making this the cover for Achtung Baby.

U2_adam_clayton_naked_acthung_baby_album_cover.jpg

Eight pages and this hasn't been nominated yet? Poor form, EYKIW.

Neutering the solo in Bullet The Blue Sky during Vertigo Tour

I know I just said I wasn't reading lists, but this stood out to me.

The most boring eight minutes in the band's history: retirement home Bullet the Blue Sky / Hands That Built America / Johnny Comes Marching Home

But having said that, I admire U2 because it takes skill to take a song like Bullet the Blue Sky and make it boring.

4. The Best of 1990-2000

This reminds me, Lazarus was talking in The Other Place recently about how fucking stupid this release was.

A great decade of U2 music and they slap ATYCLB-era tracks on the best-of and release absolutely horrible "new mixes".

In the words of Billy Birmingham's Richie Benaud, very very stupid indeed.

Such a shame too because it detracts from a pretty good performance of one of their best songs.

It is theerrreefoorrrreee NOOOOOOMMMMIINNNNAAAAATEEEDDDDD*

*to be read in the voice of Lemongrab

lemongrab2.png

Eight pages and this hasn't been nominated yet? Poor form, EYKIW.

Because this isn't PLEBA.

Speaking of which: providing a reason for PLEBA to exist.

absolutely horrible "new mixes"..

I won't have this. Not entirely anyway. Yeah Discotheque and SATS's new mixes blow, but Numb's is a bit of an improvement and the new mix of Gone is clearly superior.

Stuck in a Moment (football video)

Stuck in a Moment.

That photo...

HOREFk2g4PjOM1iqWNDJtvDaf_eFHri4spZZA5dakVpKztUFkHLVr0g5PqffwYjYYRb9ihpdsWvn77LQby2hA0DkNhj_3JpsTdg=w1600.jpg

...Bono was well on his way to turning into Saul Goodman in the mid 2000s. He's probably never looked worse (pleba hat off).

Speaking of which: providing a reason for PLEBA to exist.

5830_2.jpg

They can't help it. Adam and Edge in matching smoking cardigans and Bono in slutty beach girl pose? They've been providing PLEBA with reasons to exist since 1978.

Back
Top Bottom