What is the longest...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theFly51

New Yorker
Just being a curious cat but I was just wondering what is the longest U2 song you have in your collection? Live, remixes, etc.

For me, I have:

Live: Bad (live from East Rutherford, NJ) 18:19
Remixes: I have that fan-made mix "U2 MegaMix" 32:54

What's yours?

Street Mission, live from RTE Studios - "Youngline Street Mission" 19:14

EDIT: no it isn't - iTunes reporting the file wrongly! Mine is also the mega mix followed by Bad East Ruth.

Bad live maryland 8-5-85 13:23

on a sidenote, the longest live track in all of my music collection is Deep Purple "Wring that Neck" from scandinavian nights 34:34 :rockon::rockon::rockon::drool::drool::drool:

The Monday Night Football Performance with Green Day. The whole thing, which includes a bit of talking, Wake Me Up When September Ends, The Saints Are Coming, and a little Beautiful Day lasts 11:48.

Can someone upload the 18 minute version of Bad from NJ?

It wasn't 18 minutes. It was 16:16. The longest U2 song ever was 40 on 31 January 1985, Cologne, which clocks in at about 16:45.

How the hell did they drag out Bad for so long?? Did Bono embark on a snippet marathon or something?

How the hell did they drag out Bad for so long?? Did Bono embark on a snippet marathon or something?

It's an amazing version. What I don't know is how did they drag "40" to last almost 17 minutes.

Longest U2 track: Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car (Live in Sydney 11/27/93 - it has the Macphisto bit tagged onto the end. I also have that "19 minute" version of Street Mission that's only actually about four min) (9:20)
Longest U2 studio track: Moment of Surrender (7:24) :yawn:
Longest single file on iTunes: Pink Floyd - The Man and the Journey Suite (Live in Amsterdam 09/17/69) (47:17)
Longest single studio file on iTunes: Pink Floyd - Obscured by Clouds (full album) (40:36)
Longest single track: The Grateful Dead - Dark Star (Live in Oslo) (25:47) :drool::drool::drool:
Longest single studio track: Pink Floyd - Dogs (17:09)

Cool thread, I never looked at these categories before.

The East Ruth version of Bad is boring. I'd much rather have Live Aid, which is "only" twelve minutes long, or, better yet, something like ZooTV Dublin or Vertigo Saitama where they pack a passive punch into six-seven minutes without dragging the same instrumental section out, playing it over... and over... and over... and over... and over... again... and then Bono sings 2349823094 snippets... yawn. And this is coming from someone who considers Bad U2's greatest song.

Longest U2 Song

The Longest U2 studio song in my collection I think is New Years Day [Ferry Corsten Extended Vocal Mix] which is about 9:41 minutes long, which is on the Bonus CD of the remastered War album.

Back
Top Bottom