What has U2 meant to you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some article (about make-a-wish) mentioned that the band has a private minister and a 10-15 minute prayer service before each show. I was actually a bit surprised to read that, and it sounds more "religious" than spiritual to me.

yeah they have them bless the tours sometimes too the night of the last rehearsal etc.

U2 wants to change the world, always has. They have changed many people's worlds, including my own. I know that I have leaned on their music so much over the past 20 years. I am thankful that their music amplified my life and still does. In my book, they are superheroes, and there is no other band that can touch what they do. I don't like getting into big musical discussions discussing or comparing U2 with any other band. It's really not fair, and you cannot honestly look at U2 in the same way as other bands. They are beyond them, in my opinion. What they do cannot be put into a technical box. They have built their own box, and that's where they exist. I love their music, I love what they stand for. I have seen their music not only affect my life in a positive way, but many other people that I have witnessed being exposed to their music. Once they have that Eureka moment where they "get it," their lives are never the same again. I can look at my life "pre-U2" and "post-U2". I honestly believe their music also keeps my faith very strong and has strengthened my relationships. For that, I will always be grateful.

U2 wants to change the world, always has. They have changed many people's worlds, including my own. I know that I have leaned on their music so much over the past 20 years. I am thankful that their music amplified my life and still does. In my book, they are superheroes, and there is no other band that can touch what they do. I don't like getting into big musical discussions discussing or comparing U2 with any other band. It's really not fair, and you cannot honestly look at U2 in the same way as other bands. They are beyond them, in my opinion. What they do cannot be put into a technical box. They have built their own box, and that's where they exist. I love their music, I love what they stand for. I have seen their music not only affect my life in a positive way, but many other people that I have witnessed being exposed to their music. Once they have that Eureka moment where they "get it," their lives are never the same again. I can look at my life "pre-U2" and "post-U2". I honestly believe their music also keeps my faith very strong and has strengthened my relationships. For that, I will always be grateful.

:up: Are you a mind reader!

Amen to this. Great post!:applaud:

U2 has been something in my life since my childhood. My parents were big music freaks and my dad is a U2 fan. So I heard them through him. I associate a lot of good memories and good times with their music. Helps that I, y'know, like the music too. :D

I have been into U2 since Joshua Tree, and for me they have produced songs that are very uplifting/nostalgic/beautiful - pretty much make me feel at peace with myself for the few minutes that certain chosen song is playing.

I love them.

:yes:

I also love that I have been 6 foot from Bono, and been specially lucky to have passed Edge and Morleigh with their son. :cute:

In some ways, U2 have been the unbroken thread in my life since I fell in love with them back in 1985 during the broadcast of the Live Aid performance. There are times when I think maybe I should give them up and move on, and perhaps one day I will really start to think that I should, but at this point I still run from such thoughts.

"What has U2 meant to me?" I barely began to answer the question and don't think I can go any farther right now. What I can say is that how much this band has meant to me I find very humbling. If the band members are anything like what those who think the best of them imagine them to be, then it seems that U2 must find how much they have meant to their fans to be very humbling as well.

Back
Top Bottom