What do you think are some fun U2 driving songs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Electric Co.

I remember posting that somewhere around here 5 years ago too, and I still feel the same.

Put on Joshua Tree while I was driving through the California desert last year, and I feel like if there is any place on earth that its meant to be played, its there.

Agree with this 100% :heart:

Add to that Heartland, and it's perfect.

Put on Joshua Tree while I was driving through the California desert last year, and I feel like if there is any place on earth that its meant to be played, its there.

That must have been amazing!

Streets......driving in Skyline Drive Park VA. Beautiful mountains!

I like driving to the Joshua Tree but really all of their songs are perfect to drive to (bonus points if you know all the words!).

:up:

It depends on my mood of what U2 song or album to listen to. My MP3 player is only loaded with U2 songs hence "U2 radio" for me. I have been listening to No Line on the Horizon, Artificial Horizon, and The Joshua Tree lately to and from work...love Magnificent, Streets, the Trent Reznor version of Vertigo, and the live version of Crazy. Like some of you, I have to watch my speed too!!!:wink:

I drove across Washington State over the weekend and the middle of the state has the most fantastic desert scenery on the east side of the Cascade Mountains. This is in a place called George Washington haha, and the Gorge at George Amphitheatre would be my ideal place to see U2 if they ever do smaller venues. It just screams JOSHUA TREE.
Concerts there are amazing ...the sunsets behind the stage during the show...so beautiful.
The Dave Matthews Band plays here every Labor Day weekend. He loves it and lives nearby in Seattle! :)
2.jpg

Seattle-Sasquatch-Portland063.jpg

CIMG1153.jpg

There is a monument sculpture of "wild horses" running on the adjacnet hills nearby ..it's really cool!
WildHorses3.jpg

The last time I listened to u2 music in my car I threw the cd out the window I will send good thoughts to mr Big so he gets well and back on track

I drove across Washington State over the weekend and the middle of the state has the most fantastic desert scenery on the east side of the Cascade Mountains. This is in a place called George Washington haha, and the Gorge at George Amphitheatre would be my ideal place to see U2 if they ever do smaller venues. It just screams JOSHUA TREE.
Concerts there are amazing ...the sunsets behind the stage during the show...so beautiful.
The Dave Matthews Band plays here every Labor Day weekend. He loves it and lives nearby in Seattle! :)
2.jpg

CIMG1153.jpg

There is a monument sculpture of "wild horses" running on the adjacnet hills nearby ..it's really cool!
WildHorses3.jpg
The Gorge is a great place to watch a concert! I live near Seattle, and I've always hoped that U2 would play there one day. You are right, it would be awesome! I think they would love the atmosphere!

I'm going to be driving across part of Minnesota and Iowa tomorrow, so I guess I'll find out which U2 songs work well for that neck-of-the-woods!

2.jpg

CIMG1153.jpg

WildHorses3.jpg

That's just pure wow, right there. How this has escaped U2's attention is crazy, really. I would love to see U2 play against that backdrop. :up: :up:

2.jpg

CIMG1153.jpg

WildHorses3.jpg
Wow! This does scream The Joshua Tree. Also that sculpture got "Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses" stuck in my head :D

I listened to COBL today while driving at two o'clock in the afternoon on Texas Highway 71 in the middle of nowhere. It actually worked quite well.

2.jpg

CIMG1153.jpg

WildHorses3.jpg

That is just STUNNINGLY GORGEOUS!

The obvious, of course, as others have pointed out, is that it screams Joshua Tree!

The only reason I think U2 wouldn't play in this or any other ampitheatre is their obsession since Zoo TV with having to customize the stage set. They can't just play on any old stage.

A bit off topic, but I just can't believe all the moron industry people who actually think the ampitheater I work at, the Comcast Center in Mansfield, MA, is the best in the country. Its a complete shithole on its own merits, never mind when put up against places like Red Rocks and especially, this Gorge that I had no idea existed until Jeannieco so nicely pointed it out for me!!

U2 should play entire albums at various (tour or non tour) shows in settings that suit different albums. 20/22 songs, 10-12 from the album in focus.

Boy: Tour some clubs in Dublin.

War:Israel or Palestine or S Korea.SBS would suit Israel perfectly, Seconds the Korean peninsula, The Refugee Palestinians, you get the idea.

The Unforgettable Fire: Slane Castle, Ireland. Play the album where it was recorded.

The Joshua Tree: This Gorge place that I can't get over the utter awesomeness of!!

Rattle and Hum:: Tour Houses of Blues in various cities with BB King, or play in Memphis with BB King. (If BB is up for it,that is)

Achtung Baby: Berlin. Of course, Stay has to be one of the songs from another album at this show!

Pop: Can't really match a city to it, but if I were to pick, Vegas because of its neon lights/consumerism/decadence that fits the theme. Also, they owe them for that debacle in the desert that was Show 1 of Popmart.(and yes, I am exaggerating for effect and realize that there was actually plenty good about this show, but you get the idea, far from U2's best moment).

ATYCLB: Album theme and the Elevation Tour's increased relevance after 9/11 makes New York the ideal location. I'd say a nice week long stay in MSG would do it nicely! They've had plenty of practice playing all of this album on 360, so very little rehearsal time would be needed:wink:

HTDAAB:Honestly can't think of a place. Suggestions?

NLOTH: Obviously Morocco as already discussed by the band.

A completely random aside to be even more of a jerk and derail the thread anymore than I have already done so :)

When the hell is DMB going to fire their sound technicians??

Seriously, what is with the "pencil PA look?"

One stack on either side of the stage is all they ever do.

Small wonder why I am standing behind 2nd base at Fenway with a dead center field stage and can barely hear most of their songs.

James Taylor hangs up more PA, as does Jimmy Buffett.

U2 is spectacular in this department, there is always enough to more than adequately cover the venue.

U2 playing Streets, or just the entire The Joshua Tree, at that amphitheatre would be epic. :drool:

Thanks guys! Yes, that amphitheatre is a little gem and is best not-kept secret in the music biz as far as venues go. Lots of famous bands have played here since the 80's.

So you can see when driving across the state through this scenery why Streets and In God's Country seem to be written for this place. It gives me goose bumps because as you drive through this area, I-90 goes over the Columbia River...across a long bridge and then up a huge hill where the wild horses monument is and the line, "rivers run but soon run dry, we need new dreams tonight" .....it's the most perfect atmosphere, almost surreal.
I highly recommend this road trip!
I found this picture of the brdige and most of the surrounding landscape..another cool item about this area of Washington state, the hills on the west side of the river are cover with gigantic WINDMILLS! It's a huge wind mill farm! Yeah for GREEN energy!!! :) Our state senators are awesome!
BridgeoverColumbiaZoom1.jpg

I have never been "behind the wheel", but, if to imagine...

Mofo
Where the streets have no name (best suits to the driving because of its melody)
All because of you
City of blinding lights (but most I'd love to be droven :D)
Lemon (Perfecto remix)
A sort of homecoming
Last night on Earth

Like this.:cute:

The Gorge at George is the prettiiest venue I have ever visited. I went their for a festival (can't remember which one) in the last '90s.

I love driving to some U2 songs and I wanted to hear what some of you think are the great U2 songs while driving. I've found that Discotheque is one of my favorites. It's so fun and the bass in the song is great! And so is Elevation (2005 Live from Milan). They both make me feel great! WTSHNN isn't bad either. So what are your opinions?:D

Out of Control!! You probably have to look for the bootleg version of one that is very energetic. The guitar intro leading to, "Monday morning, eighteen years of dawning, I say how long, HOW LONG...." :rockon:

Also All I Want is You is a must to listen to when you're driving the US highways. "You say, you'll give me... a highway with no one it, a treasure just to look upon it..." :drool:

I love Out of Control from Brooklyn Bridge, or Milan . Pumps me up anytime.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom