What are your favourite U2 music videos?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RaisedByWolves

War Child
While reading and discussing the new "Every Breaking Wave" video by Aoife McArdle with other Interference members I had an idea about U2 and in particular all the music videos they have released over the years. So I put forth the question to anyone who would like to play....

What are your Top 5 U2 Music Videos?

Here's mine....

#1 "Every Breaking Wave"

Aoife McArdle has hit it out of the park with this beautiful and tragic mini-film of love despite sectarianism in Belfast circa the early 1980's. This film is a powerful vehicle that makes the viewer have a greater understanding to the struggles and terror these people lived on a daily basis. I am truly touched by the message of love that knows no religious divide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSLw9tf2NcQ

#2 "Electrical Storm"

U2's sexiest video and an artfully shot story of the rise and fall of love. The Black and White is gorgeous and Larry looks so hot in the video. Samantha Morton adds a touch of class to the romantic scenes and she compliments Mr. Mullen nicely. Finally, I love the water symbolism used here too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAq27EpE1lY

#3 "One" (Anton Corbjin Version)

Despite three different versions of this video being shot, this one is my favourite. Anton just seems to have a way with a camera lens. I have his picture book "U2 & I" in my collection and I am always struck by how Corbjin is so simply able to capture the mood and emotion of his subject. Wonderful music video and still my most beloved U2 song :heart:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftjEcrrf7r0

#4 "Where The Streets Have No Name"

Paying their respects to The Beatles, U2's homage to the "Fab Four's" famous rooftop concert is a feast for the eyes and a treat as popularity wise the band were really on top of the world. Practically everybody adored U2 during 1987 and this video is a great reminder of the Joshua Tree era when Bono & Co. became music legends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQxl9EI9YBg

#5 "All I Want Is You"

The video tells the story of a dwarf (Paolo Risi not Game Of Thrones Peter Dinklage) who falls in love with a trapeze artist who dies while performing. This music video like "Every Breaking Wave" was another "love story" that has heartbreak, romance and really stirs the emotions of the viewer. Now if only it was available on Blu-Ray instead of VHS :doh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gwahh04Y1Y

Thanks.

All three of the Zooropa videos are awesome. I also love the Beautiful Day video, but that's largely because I love planes.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Lets see here:

SOI: none yet

NLOTH: Crazy Tonight Performance video

Bomb: love the album, don't like the videos

ATYCLB: Beautiful Day(awesome video), Walk On "non-US" version, Stuck "non-US" version

POP: Staring at the Sun(cool video), Discotheque(not too bad)

Zooropa: Stay is amazing, Numb is fun (don't care for Lemon)

Achtung: Even Better Than the Real Thing, One (bar version)

R&H: All I Want is you (great video)

Joshua Tree: Still Haven't found (my favorite), With or Without you( classic), Streets(cool)

UF: Pride (harbor version), ASOHC is pretty cool

War: I don't care for any of them (New Years Day is the best of the lot)

October: None (anything other than Gloria have a video anyway)

Boy: None

Non album-Window in the Skies(celebrity singing along) and Sweetest thing are cool. Electrical, Invisible, Baby Please Come Home, TGBHF, etc... I don't care for.

In the end(top choices):

Still Haven't Found
With or Without You
Stay
One (Bar version)
Beautiful Day
Even Better Than The Real Thing
All I want is You
Staring at the Sun
Crazy Tonight (Performance vid)

Worst video: Elevation because it is sooooo cheesy(love the song but not the video).

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Can't think of 5 top videos. Got only 2.

#1Window in the skies (All-star version)

- Can't imagine the effort spent to sync the footages together with the song.

#2Hold me, thrill me, kiss me, kill me

- Mr Macphisto Vs Batman! That video helped them to win Best International Act in 1995.

#1Window in the skies (All-star version)

- Can't imagine the effort spent to sync the footages together with the song.

#2Hold me, thrill me, kiss me, kill me

- Mr Macphisto Vs Batman! That video helped them to win Best International Act in 1995.

The first two I thought aswell.

3 more?
All I Want Is You
One (drag)
Lemon

---
EBW is great, but I'll need more time to start considering it.

anytime a thread like this comes around it reminds us of all the absolutely shitty videos they've created

i'll have to go, in no particular order, with these as my favorites

One - bono bar version
Staring At The Sun
Hold Me Thrill Me
Streets

that.. that's about it.

New Years Day is certainly iconic in it's imagery but it's kinda silly looking back on it

i'm technically a speck in the distance at the end of the All Because Of You video, so i'll give that a thumbs up as well.

anytime a thread like this comes around it reminds us of all the absolutely shitty videos they've created

i'll have to go, in no particular order, with these as my favorites

One - bono bar version
Staring At The Sun
Hold Me Thrill Me
Streets

that.. that's about it.

New Years Day is certainly iconic in it's imagery but it's kinda silly looking back on it

i'm technically a speck in the distance at the end of the All Because Of You video, so i'll give that a thumbs up as well.

Yeah, they have certainly had more duds than anything else, but there have been exceptions.

1. Stay
2. Streets
3. Even better thean the real thing
4. Lemon
5 Unforgettable Fire

and the Night and Day vid fairly captures the atmosphere of the song too.

I thought about this. I called Red Hill Town best in comedic value, but really the band riding on horseback through the snow carrying white flags is no less silly than the band looking super earnest performing in a mineshaft with Larry beating sticks against the wall and Bono hanging from chains. I guess, as you said, the NYD video is so iconic, and fits the song so well, that it gets a pass. Especially since most U2 videos are basically unwatchable.

But man, Adam at 4:13 and Edge at 5:14....Pure. Comedy. Gold.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytRekLUX3GE

:lol:Gotta love Bono's tight red pants and high heeled boots in the "A Celebration" video :love: It really cracks me up but I still enjoy the song. :up:

1. The Unforgettable fire
2. Lemon
3. Hold me Kiss me....
4. Last Night on earth
5. Windows in the sky (photo collage video. )
6. EBTTRT
7. The ground beneath her feest
8. Discotheque
9. Ordinary love
10. Two hearts beat as one

Sent from my GT-I9505 using U2 Interference mobile app

1. The Unforgettable fire
2. Lemon
3. Hold me Kiss me....
4. Last Night on earth
5. Windows in the sky (photo collage video. )
6. EBTTRT
7. The ground beneath her feest
8. Discotheque
9. Ordinary love
10. Two hearts beat as one

Sent from my GT-I9505 using U2 Interference mobile app

Nice list :applaud:

Yesssss, if February the 16th is not one of my favourite dates in the calendar then it is my number 1 day of every year :hyper::yippie:. Meanwhile my favourite U2 music video is Elevation but I think it may be a tad cheesy so I shall go for LNOE. I also like The Sweetest Thing, Beautiful Day and HMTMKMKM.

Yesssss, if February the 16th is not one of my favourite dates in the calendar then it is my number 1 day of every year :hyper::yippie:. Meanwhile my favourite U2 music video is Elevation but I think it may be a tad cheesy so I shall go for LNOE. I also like The Sweetest Thing, Beautiful Day and HMTMKMKM.

Can I ask why Feb 16th is your favourite date? Birthday? Anniversary? :hmm:

Can I ask why Feb 16th is your favourite date? Birthday? Anniversary? :hmm:

Cactus Annie was born on this very day, 2999 years ago, birthed from a gigantic, gelatinous purple/dark pink creature similar to a slug in shape. It is well known around these parts that one does not ever question Cactus Annie, as she might overheat and explode spectacularly, thus wrecking this forum.

Back
Top Bottom