What are you listening to in preparation for NLOTH?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Utoo

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I'm in massive U2 mode and am surprisingly hitting just about every era each day. Zooropa's in my car for the drive to & from work. JT on the iPod this morning, Vertigo Auckland-I show on the iPod this afternoon. Pop two nights ago. UF bootleg dvd a few days ago. Lovetown Doc before that. HTDAAB + Fast Cars + Mercy last week.

What's been in your rotation?

I've been listening to Boy quite a bit. That album sounds better and better each year as more soundalikes continue to flood the market.

Nothing in particular. It's just another new album to me, not a special event to prepare for. I'm treating it like I treat any new album that comes my way.

Vertigo
Vertigo
Vertigo
Vertigo
Vertigo
Elevation
Elevation
Elevation
Elevation
Elevation

Actually, I'm preparing myself for GOYB//GYBO :wink:
When I hear it I'll prepare for NLOTH

U2 stuff this week:
Zooropa
Achtung Baby (a couple of times)
Under a Blood Red Sky (DVD rip)
Joshua Tree
U2.Communication

Non-U2 stuff week:
James - Live 2008
Snow Patrol - Hundred Million Suns
Bruce Springsteen - Live 1975-1985

Same stuff as usual.

A decent bit of Radiohead at the moment, but that has nothing to do with NLOTH.

A lot of non-U2 music...mostly ambient electronic like Eluvium, Kiln, Steve Roach, Loscil, and Eno. Listening to this stuff helps me pick-out the subtle background layers in other material; not to mention relaxes me despite the anticipation for the new album.

It's just another new album to me, not a special event to prepare for. I'm treating it like I treat any new album that comes my way.

Don't lie. :wink: You're still posting on a U2 forum. You said you listened to quite a bit of U2 on new years eve/new years day. Surely there is at least a bit more anticipation when it comes to a U2 release, when compared with other bands' releases!

That said, I'm not "preparing myself" or anything. I was in a U2 mood today cos I watched a bit of the redrocks dvd while having dinner. So I just listened to Boy and October. They sound so good! It's been a while. :drool:

Listening to HTDAAB alot recently... I can't wait to make the transition to the next album.

(This weekend it will be JT and R&H though as I head out to the desert to visit their joshua tree again :drool: )

I feel happy everytime I read that someone is listening to Bomb (and liking it, of course.:wink:)

City Of Blinding Lights, Miracle Drug, Original Of The Species, Crumbs From Your Table. :up:

Peter Gabriel era Genesis albums. Nursery Cryme to Lamb Lies Down On Broadway. Great stuff to space out to.

I got the UABRS deluxe edition, The Killers' Day and Age and Snow Patrol's A Hundred Million Suns for Christmas, so I've been listening to them. I really like Day and Age! It's keeping me entertained during the wait for NLOTH.

I did listen to the Target CD 7 the other day; that puts me in the mood for new U2, as it was the first new release that I experienced as a U2 fan (even though it wasn't really "new" music, it was new for me).

Hey, that's exactly what I'm hearing now. I was listening to BD's "Love and Theft" and now I'm listening to Nebraska :D

:hi5: !

If your a Dylan fan, then I can recommend the I'm Not There soundtrack. It's a whole lot of awesome covers. I got it for christmas and it has hardly left my CD player!

:hi5: !

If your a Dylan fan, then I can recommend the I'm Not There soundtrack. It's a whole lot of awesome covers. I got it for christmas and it has hardly left my CD player!

Thanks for the tip. ;)
I'm downloading it already. :D

Don't lie. :wink: You're still posting on a U2 forum. You said you listened to quite a bit of U2 on new years eve/new years day. Surely there is at least a bit more anticipation when it comes to a U2 release, when compared with other bands' releases!

:huh:

I listened to New Year's Day over the stroke of midnight NYE/D because it's a tradition I enjoy. Had sweet fuck-all to do with NLOTH. I listened to the few tracks on War after NYD because, surprise surprise, they came next on iTunes and I didn't rush to skip to another band in a burst of "oh noez its teh U3!!!" hatred. If you check my last.fm, you'll find I've probably played about five U2 tracks since that night.

Like I said, it's just another new album. U2 are just another band to me - but one whose fandom I happen to be involved in for historical reasons. I post here because I have friends and enjoy U2's eighties material. I'll treat their album just like I would any other band's - when it leaks, I'll download it, whack it in iTunes, and give it a listen. Before then, I'll listen to whatever strikes my mood. Might be U2, probably won't be much U2. Right now, it's Pure Reason Revolution's Live At Nearfest album (whose new album I am far more interested in than NLOTH).

:lmao: I love this smiley.

According to my last.fm, Blur, Beck, Neil Young, Deerhunter, and The Kinks are my top 5 most scrobbled artists recently, so I guess that answers this thread's question sufficiently.

Back
Top Bottom