what about the fans between 20 and 40????????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Me too actually. Joshua Tree was my baby. I saw them on tour when I was 14. It was really something else. :drool:

Mine too, I knew there was a connection between us SIcy:wink:

I'm 34 and saw TJT tour at Wembley when I was 12-13, couldn't see much but still loved it!

I'm 26. Been a fan since 1997, when I was 14 and heard Zooropa and Pop for the first time. :)

Hello. :wave:

I so wish I had discovered u2 a few years earlier. I was actually one of those people poking fun at my friend for seeing u2's vertigo show in poland. :doh::doh::doh:. I've been a fan for a few months. I'm 23. :wave:

34, cancer
been a fan since 1984
watched them live since 1987 in 6 different countries
love my soon to be wife, my friends, soccer, making music with the band and writing my second book.

dislike stupidity, blind followers and meaningless acts violence

:wave:

I'm tempted to start a thread looking for fans aged between 22 years and 6 days and 22 years and 8 days.

We can start some Capricorn club and fill it with setlists and things.

Or not.

26, Virgo. :wave:

Not sure exactly when I became a fan. I remember their music from the Joshua Tree, but I wasn't really focused on music, cartoons was where it was at. Same thing when Achtung came out, I was only 9 years old. But I remember hearing their music on the radio, hearing my cousin play the album. I guess I really became a fan in 95'. I was a big Batman fan, we finally had cable in my house, and I loved the video to HMTMKMKM. I got the Batman Forever Soundtrack just for that song. Then I bought Achtung Baby second hand off of an older kid and I've been a huge fan ever since. :rockon:

:up:Likes: Films and reading screenplays, books, comic books, video games, baseball/basketball/football, wasting time on the internet, eating the food, drinking the wine, and having a good time.

:down:Dislikes: Fox News, MTV, willfully ignorant people, Utah, Lakers fans, Yankees fans, Boston sports fans, chain emails, bad drivers etc.

27 and HMTMKMKM sealed my fate as well. The first CD I bought was JT in 93 or 94 but it wasn't until that tune that I became obsessive.

21 and it was ATYCLB. Pop is my favourite.

There's me and a few other 20 something mates into U2. Other than that it is a bit of a stretch I'm afraid.

a 40 and older thread. a 20 and younger thread. well who's in between?

U2 don't have any fans "in between".

:tsk:

:wink:

OK, maybe a few.

I'm 33, U2 fan since AB, re-born U2 fan since 2000, real fanatic since I discovered this board around 2005. :D

I have four jobs. At the moment it's pretty hard to concentrate on any of them with so much going on here.

I live in Central Europe. Man, I hate the time difference. All the cool things seem to happen why I sleep. And I really don't sleep much.

Yesterday I fell asleep while eating pasta salat at 1.30 a. m. :uhoh:

right in the middle point of this age group.

Achtung Baby came out when I was in 8th grade. It wasnt the cool music at the time, but I listened to it on my walkman for at least a year straight. filled up the 90 minute tape with the b sides.

almost got to see outside broadcast with my brother in law, but for some reason he didnt want to take a 13 year old with him and his friends (they were in their 20s!).

saw POP at Giants stadium. awful seats, awful sound. live shows have only been better since then of course, multiple shows for the last 2 tours all through the northeast.

little worried about a stadium tour this time around, guess I'll just have to get better seats....

A thread for the in between folks now? Good...I was feeling left out. :wink:

I'm 26. :wave: I discovered The Joshua Tree when I was 13 (in 1995), and that started things. :heart:

Yay! I have a home......I'm 38 and hanging on.

I still have my TUF vinyl album!!! I was just a little tween girl, but that was the beginning for me and I have been in love with them ever since. My appreciation became way deeper though as I got into my 30's. The tragic part of my story is that I have never seen them LIVE! So this is the year for me, somehow, someway!!

Back
Top Bottom