Whaddya Get When You Cross U2, Coldplay, And The Killers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anyone know why Bono yells out his daughter's name ("Eve!") during the "I've got soul / but I'm not a soldier" bit at the end? Is she a Killers fan or something, or in attendance?

haha Bono doesn't know the song very well at all. I wonder if he was thinking "Is this off War or October?!?!"

He knows it perfectly! So perfectly, that he makes a subtle, and very clever, adjustment to the lyrics at the very end (the part where people have been saying he "screws up" for some reason) ... he sings, "I've got soul / but I AM a soldier" instead, which is unbelievably cool IMO. I've always thought the line works better as "I've got soul / but I'm still a soldier"

I'm not a Killers fan but that was pretty cool.

Also lol at Brandon Flowers. I recall him saying a few months ago that U2 was irrelevant.

I'm not a Killers fan but that was pretty cool.

Also lol at Brandon Flowers. I recall him saying a few months ago that U2 was irrelevant.

The best part is when Bono turns to Brandon Flowers, and changes the lyric so that it's directly from Bono from Brandon: "the same kind of boy I used to be," an indirect reference to the two singers' striking vocal similarities. Brandon gets so excited that he just shrieks, lol

The Killers are one of my all time favourite bands, just under U2 and next to NIN, Death Cab for Cutie, Depeche Mode, and others (I have weird taste, deal with it!) This was an amazing site to behold, even tho the vid quality isn't that good. Hopefully they'll release pro video of this sometime. Anyway, I was there when Brandon joined U2 in Vegas for IALW, and would have loved to see Bono perform my fave Killers song with them (and Coldplay too!) Oh how I envy the lucky folks who saw that performance! POWERHOUSE! The BIGGEST 3 front men of this time!!!! Hooray!!!!!!!! :drool::applaud::up::rockon::cool::camera::combust::whistle::dance:::cheer::yippie::bow:

Anyone know why Bono yells out his daughter's name ("Eve!") during the "I've got soul / but I'm not a soldier" bit at the end? Is she a Killers fan or something, or in attendance?

Glad you noticed too :wave:
She was in london this night and she was certainly in the audience :D Bono's just a proud daddy !

couldn't agree with you more!!:wink:

you haven't lived until you've seen that song live! THE BEST! it's The Killers WTSHNN. if you see that song live and aren't immediatly on your feet there is something wrong with your soul!!!!!

so true! I have seen the Killers 3 times now (including that vegas show that he did with a lil known irish band :wink: )and this song just blows the roof off the place.

I have pics of the recent killers show I went to last month and he had the audience going nutso!

IMG_1411.jpg

IMG_1407.jpg

It may not have been in the same interview but in one of the recent ones Bono was asked about the thing with Brandon saying U2 was getting old and Bono said he told Brandon to have a go at them. "You've been too nice to us lately." Just wondering if him jokingly having a go at Chris was along the same lines. The music mags are always trying to stir up fights between bands so maybe Bono figures they can good naturedly snipe at each other and it will get more press for all of them. :D

Dana

Back
Top Bottom