Weirdest place you've heard a U2 song?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd like to throw it out there...

whenever I hear a U2 song anywhere... not produced by myself... I'm so incredibly happy lol.

For me, this applies to everything (not just music). If there is a TV show, a song on the radio, a movie in the theaters or on TV, etc. If I have no ability to pause it, it means so much more to me. I dont know why. Which explains why I hate watching DVDs but I love movies on TV, even if it has commercials. Strange phenomenon, would make an interesting study.

One time I was getting my teeth drilled, and Pride (In The Name Of Love) came on... only it was some crappy muzak version where some lady just repeated the chorus over and over again for five minutes...:lol:

And still you were happy? that's happened with me sometimes...although I cringed at Keane's version of With Or Without You my classmates in Dance made a dance to...that man just cannot do Bono's chorus...

If I'm up early enough in the mornings, which is alot these days, I watch Morning Joe on MSNBC. The music programmer or whoever - loves U2. I've heard In God's Country, All Because of You and I Will Follow, New York and others when they are talking and going to and from commercials. and they talk about Bono/U2 quite a lot. :hyper:

Nice way to wake up if the daily news isn't too bad.:wink:

coldplay concert in toronto. just before they came out magnificent was played at full volume. i wonder if they did that for all their shows

I think I read here on this forum a while back that Magnificent has been Coldplay's opener for this whole tour, same as U2 does with one song like Space Oddity this tour.

I'd like to throw it out there...

whenever I hear a U2 song anywhere... not produced by myself... I'm so incredibly happy lol.

For me, this applies to everything (not just music). If there is a TV show, a song on the radio, a movie in the theaters or on TV, etc. If I have no ability to pause it, it means so much more to me. I dont know why. Which explains why I hate watching DVDs but I love movies on TV, even if it has commercials. Strange phenomenon, would make an interesting study.

i know what you mean. i get all excited to hear a U2 song if its on the radio but if i had played that same song off of a cd instead at the same moment it wouldnt rank in as high on the pleasure-o-meter. same with the dvd issue. i have stacks of them lying around but never have the motivation to sit down and play one but would gladly watch a much more mediocre movie on tv instead. very strange indeed

I am the same way a lot. I enjoy them on my iPod or CD player or whenever I am controlling everything but when it's on a radio/TV/or whatever I get all excited and the listen/watch is a lot better. I think it's because I know with my iPod/CD I can go back and replay the song but with radio/tv I can't. It should be the exact opposite right (enjoying the iPod more than the radio)? It's really weird to me. I actually enjoy the DVD's a lot. Probably cause they don't air them except for R&H. I actually enjoy R&H more when it's aired on TV instead of the DVD. Even with the commercials!:lol:

I like everything when I'm playing it on my iPod, but when it's on radio I get so much more excited because other people might be listening :)

I am the same way a lot. I enjoy them on my iPod or CD player or whenever I am controlling everything but when it's on a radio/TV/or whatever I get all excited and the listen/watch is a lot better. I think it's because I know with my iPod/CD I can go back and replay the song but with radio/tv I can't. It should be the exact opposite right (enjoying the iPod more than the radio)? It's really weird to me. I actually enjoy the DVD's a lot. Probably cause they don't air them except for R&H. I actually enjoy R&H more when it's aired on TV instead of the DVD. Even with the commercials!:lol:

Haha so it looks like everyone sees this the same way. Some form of rush when it's on the radio.

I've never seen any of the U2 videos aired on TV...? I mean obviously we could be talking two completely different cable networks/locations though.

I'm with you, guys :lol: I don't know why, but radio makes listening to U2 more exciting :lol: (of course it's exciting itself, but when I hear something by surprise I enjoy it more :sexywink:)

Haha so it looks like everyone sees this the same way. Some form of rush when it's on the radio.

I've never seen any of the U2 videos aired on TV...? I mean obviously we could be talking two completely different cable networks/locations though.

I've seen Rattle & Hum on TV...for about 10 minutes before my dad left the room and my mom switched it off, haha. I usually have to watch it when they're not in the house. But it was really really exciting for it to actually be on TV :D

I think Red Rocks should be on TV sometime...that would make me very very happy

'Wanderer' randomly came on to my Ipod as a when I was walking down a street in Northwest England and a red balloon came into view. I watched the balloon float through the street and disappear into the blue sky thinking "This is would have made perfect sense as a promo for the song!"

It was beautiful and a bit sad. I'll always remember it.

Today So Cruel came on at a shoe shop :hyper:
My dad saw me lip-synching and asked me: It's U2, isn't it? :rolleyes: Which, of course, meant the whole family HAD to stay there until the song finished :D

Okay well it was my iPod... but...

I was walking back to my dorm... and on complete random shuffle...

ISHFWILF was playing...

I walk up to my door... while the song is playing... there's some post-it on the door...

"Still haven't found what you're looking for?".

ISHFWILF was playing...

I walk up to my door... while the song is playing... there's some post-it on the door...

My life is made!

ISHFWILF was playing...

Oh my :shocked:
:up: Destiny? :lol:

I was in a furniture store the other day and I seriously was getting frustrated at not finding exactly what I wanted, and of course, ISHFWILF came on. It made me laugh. Then I found the perfect thing right after that. :D

It's the only song pre-ATYCLB that any of my roomates know of (and only 1 of them).

Made me really happy that he got the irony lol.

It's the only song pre-ATYCLB that any of my roomates know of (and only 1 of them).

Ah, well that's sad...even my non-U2 friends have heard at least 3 songs each from U2! not that they like them...

but the irony is :up: good

They don't even know With Or Without You or SBS? Whoa, I thought that were songs everyone knew. You really should teach them something about music! :p

There are actually a lot of people who haven't heard Sunday Bloody Sunday. Until I walked in on a music class that was listening to/analyzing that song, I'd never heard it (I'm pretty sure most people I know haven't either unless they heard it from me :))

Back
Top Bottom