Weirdest place you've heard a U2 song?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We've got a big beamer hanging on the wall at school, and when we were having a break, the videoclip from The Saints Are Coming started and I went nuts together with my friend who's also a big U2-fan. That was really great. And since no other friends of mine are interested in the music I listen to, they just sat down and said: "Hey Jorinde, that is BONO! And THE EDGE! And.. Ehhh..." Very funny.:wink:

I wish that happened at my school!

They're not cool enough to know Adam and Larry's names ^^

not the weirdest place, but i think it was actually the first time i've heard U2 being played somewhere or that i was actually noticing...
while i was trying to find for some pants in Marks & Spencer (fail, btw!), U2's "All Because of You" started to play :D honestly, i was just trying to find pants considering my own interests and i was not doing it because of you... :lol:
couldn't get out of the store before the song was over, naturally and of course i lip synced along...

One time I was trying to find a parking spot at my college and I heard someone blasting New Year's Day (like, the car was vibrating and you mostly just heard BOOM BOOM BOOM). I thought that was pretty funny, because you don't usually hear people blasting U2 from their car stereos. :lol:

One time I was trying to find a parking spot at my college and I heard someone blasting New Year's Day (like, the car was vibrating and you mostly just heard BOOM BOOM BOOM). I thought that was pretty funny, because you don't usually hear people blasting U2 from their car stereos. :lol:

People should blast U2 from their cars more often...I totally would, and will, if I can drive in a straight line while listening...

not the weirdest place, but i think it was actually the first time i've heard U2 being played somewhere or that i was actually noticing...
while i was trying to find for some pants in Marks & Spencer (fail, btw!), U2's "All Because of You" started to play :D honestly, i was just trying to find pants considering my own interests and i was not doing it because of you... :lol:
couldn't get out of the store before the song was over, naturally and of course i lip synced along...

Bad U2, diverted your attention from buyig clothes :lol::D
I always stay in a place where I hear a U2 song until it finishes, I just can't help listening to their hits for the 100000000 time :lol:

^ I do the same! Looking for the speaker from which the song is coming out is like looking for the Pied Piper :lol:
And I remember watching the whole Best Of 1980-1990 DVD at a supermarket once. I asked the salesman to turn up the volume. He thought I was there to buy a TV... :therethere: :wink:

^ :lmao: How did you do that? Were you just standing in front of the screen? :lol:

I once did a similar thing. During a holidays I was walking and suddenly I heard ISHFWILF in a store. So I went there and started examining some souvenirs :lol:

^ :lmao: How did you do that? Were you just standing in front of the screen? :lol:

I once did a similar thing. During a holidays I was walking and suddenly I heard ISHFWILF in a store. So I went there and started examining some souvenirs :lol:

Yep, I just stood there :D Luckily, it was my parents who had to do the shopping... :wink:

:lmao: at pretending you're going to buy something :applaud:

It just came to my attention today that the Florida Panthers...

come out on the ice at every home opener...

to Where the Streets Have No Name!

When I was in highschool I heard Beautiful Day several times. It was during the Sydney Olympics in 2000 and the Dutch swimmer Pieter van den Hoogenband was very succesful winning 3 Olympic medals. We were allowed to watch some of the (swimming)games during classtime or during our breaks. The Dutch theme song/intro song of the broadcasts happened to be Beautiful Day. Great schooltime, great olympics and great U2 time (ATYCLB was released in that period).

Maybe not that weird but great memories.

One time, several years ago when i was in the army, i was dropped in very remote location for several days as a sort of "survival test" to see if i could live with or without food, water, shelter.

I was walking through the woods, alone, when i came to a large clearing with a spectacular view. I looked out over the valley when suddenly i heard the opening lines to "Streets", which totally blew me away. I sat down for a bit to rest when it dawned on me to try and figure out where the sound was coming from, since i was supposedly out there alone.

So i wandered through the valley and back up to the top of the next big hill, to the soundtrack of Joshua Tree blaring all around me. The music never got any louder, nor quieter, as i walked on for miles and miles. Still unable to find what i was looking for, I decided to kneel on my knees, boy i was tired.

I gazed off into the crimson sky, wondering what time it was in the world, as the opening riff of Zoo Station cranked out across the land. After a few minutes rest and a bite to eat from a can, i took off again in my quest to find the sound. This time i moved in mysterious ways.

That is when it occoured to me, while i may have been alone, i wasn't really alone. For i had the soundtrack of God in heaven to light my way. Baby baby baby.

One time, several years ago when i was in the army, i was dropped in very remote location for several days as a sort of "survival test" to see if i could live with or without food, water, shelter.

I was walking through the woods, alone, when i came to a large clearing with a spectacular view. I looked out over the valley when suddenly i heard the opening lines to "Streets", which totally blew me away. I sat down for a bit to rest when it dawned on me to try and figure out where the sound was coming from, since i was supposedly out there alone.

So i wandered through the valley and back up to the top of the next big hill, to the soundtrack of Joshua Tree blaring all around me. The music never got any louder, nor quieter, as i walked on for miles and miles. Still unable to find what i was looking for, I decided to kneel on my knees, boy i was tired.

I gazed off into the crimson sky, wondering what time it was in the world, as the opening riff of Zoo Station cranked out across the land. After a few minutes rest and a bite to eat from a can, i took off again in my quest to find the sound. This time i moved in mysterious ways.

That is when it occoured to me, while i may have been alone, i wasn't really alone. For i had the soundtrack of God in heaven to light my way. Baby baby baby.

:up::up:

Awesome story!

coldplay concert in toronto. just before they came out magnificent was played at full volume. i wonder if they did that for all their shows

Interesting.

it was funny because the crowd went nuts thinking it was coldplay when the drum bass and opening guitar riff kicked in. i knew right off the bat what it was. was slightly confused as to why they were playing it though

it was funny because the crowd went nuts thinking it was coldplay when the drum bass and opening guitar riff kicked in. i knew right off the bat what it was. was slightly confused as to why they were playing it though

I hope eventually they found out it was U2 :lol:

Back
Top Bottom