Weirdest place you've heard a U2 song?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just heard Moment of Surrender in the grocery store on Saturday. Not that strange to hear a U2 song there but that particular song was an unexpected surprise. I came to a standstill in the frozen foods aisle until I was sure that I was actually hearing what I thought I was!

I heard One Tree Hill tonight on the radio, and yeah that was pretty weird. (Not common here at all, I'm not sure I've ever heard it on the radio before, although I never listen to the radio, but I was bored in line waiting for fast food so I turned it on.)

It was surreal, but I heard "The Refugee" during this photo shoot... or at least I think I did... And I think I worked this session. Maybe I'm imagining the whole thing. Crap, I can't remember.

epic-fail-photo-fail.jpg

:D Sorry, I had to put this somewhere on Interference, and this seemed as good a place as any! Look closely...

I heard NLOTH coming out of a shop I was passing in Mexico City... this would probably be perfectly normal for someone who lives there, but I was on holidays and everything there was kinda weird for me. :wink:

(No offence to Mexicans, you are lovely people and make lovely food and I enjoyed my holiday very much!)

I heard MOS once while shopping at a H&M store. It was weird. I usually don't go to H&M and all the other stuff they played while I was in there was pop and hip hop :huh:

^lol! I always hear Stand Up Comedy at the H&M stores. I usually visit those stores for max.10min. but there's always this song.

I was in the backshop of a pharmacy because I was getting my ear pierced (I know, this is quite weird by itself) and Beautiful Day started the moment I got the pierce, it was like a sing to me and made me feel calm immediately.

OH I just remembered! When I was in a tattoo parlor getting an Achtung Baby era tattoo, the radio station they had on (which was playing mostly current music at the time) suddenly started playing Until the End of the World. The artist looked at me and said "whoa!" :ohmy:

OH I just remembered! When I was in a tattoo parlor getting an Achtung Baby era tattoo, the radio station they had on (which was playing mostly current music at the time) suddenly started playing Until the End of the World. The artist looked at me and said "whoa!" :ohmy:

Wow, coincidence??? :hmm:

Haha that's cool! I love when stuff like that happens. I just remembered that when I was at the pool once (they play mostly shit music from today) they suddenly started playing WTSHNN and ISHFWILF a few songs after. I went nuts and started singing both songs.:lol: Nothing better than some Joshua Tree era U2 (except AB)!

Completely bizare thing happened today. My favourite U2 song is A sort of homecoming and I was listening to it in the car on the way to a shopping centre. The minute I walked into the shopping centre 'A sort of homecoming' was playing again almost in the same spot that I had stopped it when I turned off the engine in my car. Pretty random U2 song to be playing in a shopping centre too!!

Completely bizare thing happened today. My favourite U2 song is A sort of homecoming and I was listening to it in the car on the way to a shopping centre. The minute I walked into the shopping centre 'A sort of homecoming' was playing again almost in the same spot that I had stopped it when I turned off the engine in my car. Pretty random U2 song to be playing in a shopping centre too!!

Now that is really freaking awesome!

I now have an incentive to go to my local bar more often.
My friends & I went down the road for Trivia Night & they played 3, count em 3 songs. 2 of which were in a row.
1. Streets (Within 5 seconds of hearing the rift my head sprung up & I was like "U2. STREETS!") My friends were like "dang." lol
2. Gone
3. Angel Of Harlem (right after Gone as we were leaving)

I now have an incentive to go to my local bar more often.
My friends & I went down the road for Trivia Night & they played 3, count em 3 songs. 2 of which were in a row.
1. Streets (Within 5 seconds of hearing the rift my head sprung up & I was like "U2. STREETS!") My friends were like "dang." lol
2. Gone
3. Angel Of Harlem (right after Gone as we were leaving)

That's cool! I love when I hear U2 songs in random places. Oh and I remembered this, I heard a live version of All Because of You in some shop one time. Forgot where though. I think it was a printing shop or something. Can't remember what it's called. Anyway really cool to hear a live version!

This one time I was walking my dog and my dog started singing "Angel of Harlem." That was definitely the weirdest.

Peace on Earth was on the radio yesterday at work, perhaps they were using it as a Christmas song... maybe I could see that, I guess I'd just never thought about it in that context. I was just surprised to hear it get airplay at all.

That's awesome! :applaud:

I was filling up my tires with air today at the gas station and I heard MOS playing in its full seven-and-a-half-minute glory. This is a place that usually plays shitty 70s/80s pop music, so I must say, MOS made the tire-refilling task much more enjoyable.

Back
Top Bottom