Weirdest place you've heard a U2 song?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One Tree Hill in a bar while on holiday in Venice Italy in 2008.

Now, I realize the title is "weirdest place you've heard a U2 song," but here's the weirdest U2 song I've ever heard outside of an album listen:

Beautiful Ghost, on QRiocity Music radio..........2000s station.

I would count it as 80s since it technically came from then, but if they want to put it on 2000s radio, good for them.

I probably wouldn't have recognized it. It's a really quiet, weird song.

Whenever I came into my mom's friend's house, Pandora (on her computer and definitely not a U2 station) would play U2 for me. It was really strange...and awesome!

Mine was this weekend in my car. I was having an emotional moment on my way to the store (yes, I was pathetically crying over 360 being over) when Sunday Bloody Sunday came on the xm radio station. At that time I was rolling into the Target parking lot and there were 2 Truck and Roll trucks from the tour in the parking lot. I stopped and talked to the guys driving and they were part of the crew. Now, I live in a small town in TN, not exactly a big stop on your way to anywhere! So it was really weird....but it made me smile!! :hmm:

I was at the dentist just now, and they were playing a bunch of Sinatra songs. I've Got You Under My Skin with Bono came on.

Kind of an appropriate song while someone's feeling around inside my face, I suppose.

I'm going to share my fb post when this happened earlier this month:

An old man that lives across from my Habitat for Humanity worksite in Romania waves hi to me everyday. Today, in broken English he asked what music I like. I asked if he knew U2. A moment later he blasted 'With or without you' from his speakers. There I am in an Eastern Romanian town, plastering & painting the exterior of a building several stories above ground, while conquering my fear of heights as a familiar song brought a huge smile to my paint covered face. I thanked him from above & I'm sure the whole town heard my laughter.

I was at a pub quiz in sheffield (uk) and we were in the tiebreaker. The announcer said "for the win - what Is the year this song was released." I jokingly said to my mate "if its anything from the joshua tree we'll be fine" (I was going thru a huge JT phase at the time) sure enough the intro to with or without you came on! Total coincidence! Would have been a lot cooler if I'd not jumped up and shouted 1987!!!! In total exhilaration At the top of my voice wen we should have written it down! Ah well, u win some u lose some I guess!

Heard All Because Of You at an old-timey drive in restaurant in town last night. Was really cool.

Today, in honor of the Achtung Baby release, a couple radio stations have been playing the singles. But one was trying to be different and played Zoo Station. Was cool to hear :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom