Weirdest place you've heard a U2 song?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They don't even know With Or Without You or SBS? Whoa, I thought that were songs everyone knew. You really should teach them something about music! :p

Correction, the one who knows ISHFWILF knows SBS as well.

I'd say SBS is probably U2s most well known song... but this is the way of our youth. It's not a U2 thing, not knowing enough about them.

It's not knowing enough about music in general. Just the crap from today.

^ This.
I used to think it was something about U2 being underrated, but no. It's actually a generational thing (that's why I consider myself sooo lucky :D). For example, some of my classmates don't even know who Led Zeppelin were. Another example: a friend of mine thought Pink Floyd was a man, and asked me whether it was his real name or 'he' had invented it :doh:

/off-topic :reject:

For example, some of my classmates don't even know who Led Zeppelin were. Another example: a friend of mine thought Pink Floyd was a man, and asked me whether it was his real name or 'he' had invented it :doh:

Oh no!

Even the little brats my age know about Led Zeppelin...

For the people I know, it's more like they heard U2 and didn't listen enough and thus do not care D:

I was at the international tennis tournament in Sydney a couple of weeks ago and during a rain delay I Will Follow played over the speakers, which I thought was a bit random. Then Beautiful Day came on. I realised they were actually playing U218 Singles! They played about 7 or 8 songs in total. Nice way to spend a rain delay! :)

^ This.
I used to think it was something about U2 being underrated, but no. It's actually a generational thing (that's why I consider myself sooo lucky :D). For example, some of my classmates don't even know who Led Zeppelin were. Another example: a friend of mine thought Pink Floyd was a man, and asked me whether it was his real name or 'he' had invented it :doh:

:crack: Name: Pink Last Name: Floyd :crack:

I was at the international tennis tournament in Sydney a couple of weeks ago and during a rain delay I Will Follow played over the speakers, which I thought was a bit random. Then Beautiful Day came on. I realised they were actually playing U218 Singles! They played about 7 or 8 songs in total. Nice way to spend a rain delay! :)

Nice!

Today I was travelling by bus to school, thinking about hundreds of pages I'm supposed to learn for a competition, being angry and drowsy etc. and suddenly I heard Beatiful Day in somebody's earphones (it was really loud) :D My mood immediately changed and smile appeared on my face :lol:

This thread has always kind of been off-putting for me.

Isn't there, in essence, no real "Weirdest place you've heard a U2 song" if U2 is one of the most mainstream, widely-listened to, widely-acclaimed popular music bands out there?

I wouldn't even call it weird if I heard a little In A Little While as muzak while getting a colonoscopy.

Okay so...

I'm picking up where I last left off with posting in this thread despite not actually hearing a U2 song in a weird place... but rather a weird occurance of a U2 song.

Sitting in Anthropology listening to the professor The Bravery's "No Brakes".

Yeah so...

IT'S ABOUT 1 NOTE SHY OF BEING THE EXACT SAME BASS LINE AS NEW YEAR'S DAY. JUST SAYIN.

A couple of weeks ago, I heard The Unforgettable Fire as sung by the Chipmunks at the barber shop.

True story.

Except the Chipmunks part.

Isn't there, in essence, no real "Weirdest place you've heard a U2 song" if U2 is one of the most mainstream, widely-listened to, widely-acclaimed popular music bands out there?

I wouldn't even call it weird if I heard a little In A Little While as muzak while getting a colonoscopy.

Alas, not even U2 music could make colon violation a tolerable experience.

Well among youth all rock & roll is the minority. So, in my life, hearing a U2 song anywhere is weird. Including the mainstream radio.

Well I didn't hear it in a weird place but I just had a weird moment with Salome (Zooromancer Mix) when a commercial for the Gerber baby food came on. I looked up at the TV and I saw the babies switching really fast and they were in sync with the beat and all. It was awesome!:lol: I was all "wow this is totally cool and would make an awesome music video if we had people switching really fast!" :laugh: I don't know what the term is for the effect on the video but it was pretty awesome.

And even more Still Haven't Found irony...

Yesterday I went shopping with my mum and she found lots of clothes, while all the nice clothing in my size was already gone (I have a very common size). I was getting frustrated, since I really need new clothes, when I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For started playing. It was the first U2 song I ever heard when I went shopping :lol:

Bullet The Blue Sky was a background in Eurosport's Watts Zap (a moment with a flying ball).

'The Sweetest Thing' in the Harvey's grocery store. I was kind of struck by the song more than I was about where we were at, because I had NEVER heard that song played on the radio once before then. Of all the U2 songs to play...

I just heard Even Better Than The Real Thing in Nordstrom's when going down the escalator :lol: It was the most unexpected thing ever. I made a big surprised face and my family laughed at me.

Just heard two U2 songs on a TV-show here in Sweden. Obviously that's not the weird thing, I often hear U2 songs on TV. The weird thing is which songs they actually played. One Tree Hill AND Seconds. :heart:

They usually only go for the well-known stuff. ISHFWILF, WOWY, One, Beautiful Day etc. but this time they went for songs that are really unknown, not only once but twice in the same one hour show. Awesome. :up:

I think we have some trending. The troops are rallying, and I wish the band saw that even the people behind the scenes at markets in the mainstream are going deeper into the back catalog.

I for the life of me can't remember what song or where I heard it!!

But I know it wasn't a usual song to hear, and it was in an odd place for sure.

I was watching some comedy show on a South Korean channel and 30 seconds of Get on Your Boots comes blazing out.

It had nothing to do with what was going on but still funny that one of their least popular singles would end up in
such an unexpected place.

A few years earlier I remember hearing Vertigo on the same show. I wonder if overseas they don't license the music?

I heard Streets blasting in this nice, somewhat fancy restaurant last night. They also played like 5 other songs I had on my iPod. Greatest place to eat at regarding their music selection. :lol:

Very, very envious. The best I get at restaurants is the usual reel of 80s hits...

Heard Babyface at planned parenthood

:laugh: that's kind of an ironic song there

Back
Top Bottom