Weird U2 songs to hear

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I remember radio not being so bad in the late 1990s, but damn it took a severe turn for the worst at the turn of the century and now whenever somebody else is playing the radio, I have a hard time catching any music I like. Which is sad, since I think there is loads of great music being released right now.

I don't think I have EVER heard One on radio. I consider this a very good thing.

On radio in Wellington, Melbourne, and the Gold Coast, I've heard I Will Follow, SBS (both album and Red Rocks), NYD, Pride, Streets, ISHFWILF, WOWY, One Tree Hill, Desire, Angel Of Harlem, WLCTT, AIWIY, Everlasting Love, EBTTRT, Mysterious Ways, WGRYWH, HMTMKMKM, Sweetest Thing, Beautiful Day, Stuck In A Moment, Elevation, Walk On, Electrical Storm, and Vertigo. Pretty sure I once caught Bad from WAIA, and I'd swear I once heard Dirty Day.

Wellington radio LOVED the Red Rocks version of SBS in the 1990s.

Good thing about being from New Zealand #17,217: you've half a chance of hearing One Tree Hill on the radio.

:yes: I forgot about Desire, WLCTT and Angel there, we get those too.

I should have said though - when NLOTH came out Triple M played it from start to finish, which I thought was pretty fucking cool.

Personally I reckon Melbourne is at its best at Comedy Fest time! Only got 4 shows in this year, need more!!

Merci beaucoup!!

Though clearly a difference of opinion on Magnificent front :D I quite like it. I'm mighty surprised though that Magnificent hasn't been heard around the place. Beats GOYB in my opinion.

I've seen Stephen K Amos, Wil Anderson and my-all time favourite Jason Bryne live, and you walk out feeling sore. I've got tickets to Strassman in November too.

Prego. But that's italian.

Oh ignore that. I'm the only person here who hates the song.

the first time I ever controlled our new satellite radio I heard Crazy Tonight on the Pulse channel (not that weird), changed it one channel and heard the entire song of Wild Horses changed one channel as that song ended just in time to hear the start of Two Hearts Beat as One. Pretty good sampling of 00s, 90s and 80s U2 in a 10-minute span.

Good thing about being from New Zealand #17,217: you've half a chance of hearing One Tree Hill on the radio.

There's a station here in Austin that plays One Tree Hill a good bit.

Also, I heard NLOTH, the album, being played in its entirety at a store in Chicago once. This same store sold Barack Obama condoms. :ohmy: And Crazy Tonight has started get a respectable bit of radio/muzak play this area (at least as much as Boots, rather more than Magnificent).

So today I took the kids shopping and went to just 2 stores: (I'm in San Diego, CA)

In Old Navy they played a Magnificent Remix! (first time I have heard one in public) They had the music real low but when that came on it was obvious someone turned it up because it got loud! I don't remember which remix it is but it was a long one! :dance:

Next we went to GAP. And they played Two Hearts Beat as One! :dance:

It was a good day to go shopping! :D

So today I took the kids shopping and went to just 2 stores: (I'm in San Diego, CA)

In Old Navy they played a Magnificent Remix! (first time I have heard one in public) They had the music real low but when that came on it was obvious someone turned it up because it got loud! I don't remember which remix it is but it was a long one! :dance:

Next we went to GAP. And they played Two Hearts Beat as One! :dance:

It was a good day to go shopping! :D

That's awesome. San Diego... :drool:. Great city you have there.

I heard Mofo drifting out of a Footlocker in Amsterdam about a month ago...

Ok that is weird.

Today heard the Red Rocks version of 'Gloria' on the radio. Don't know which station (so much for the friend who doesn't even know what they have pre-programed in their car :doh:) but thought to myself 'That's different'.

bonocomet: sounds like a very good day to go shopping!!

I heard "Kite" in Home Depot once. They also played "Electrical Storm" another time I was there.

And JC Penney's played "Mysterious Ways" and EBTTRT within a few minutes of each other while I was there looking for cargo pants to wear into the GA section.

Moving slightly off topic: Any fellow Aussies hear Magnificent yet on the radio or anywhere? I've heard GOYB but not Magnificent...

I've heard it three or four times, but one of those was in a doctor's waiting room where they were playing NLOTH in full. Actually, I think I've heard Magnificent on the radio more than Boots.

I heard Mofo drifting out of a Footlocker in Amsterdam about a month ago...
ooh, this reminds me. a few years back i was in a shoe store (or maybe it was a claire's) and i heard a u2 song. i can't remember what song, it was something from the 90s. but it was a remix song and there was a video to accompany it. i'm thinking it was discotheque but i can't remember.

Never, only the famous ones or singles. I'd be more than happy to hear less known ones. Although, I did hear Breathe the other day, which was kind of weird because they're playing songs like Pokerface and similar all the time. I was thrilled, so I kind of danced a bit with my shopping cart. :doh::D

My wierdest or most unexpected U2 song I heard was Passengers' "Theme From Let's Go Native" on 7's Olympic Coverage back in 2004. I was just sitting there at home and got all excited "Oh my god, it's Let's Go Native!" which I adore and got a few strange looks from my fellow company.

Can't think of anything else at the top of my head.

I did hear Magnifi on the radio the week after which the album was released but haven't heard it since.

oh, you just reminded me, i've heard let's go native on top gear. i thought i imagined it, but a few months afterwards i was watching top gear with another u2 fan and we both looked over from what we were concentrating on when we heard it.

therethere.gif

Today while at Dan Murphy's I heard Stuck start on the radio, and I was like oh boy I can post something in this thread, and then I remembered that Stuck was a single and :(

i remeber about 7 years ago in highschool hearing God Part II on the radio they had playing in class. i said something like "this is one of my favorite songs" and of course i got the most over-used reply in all highschools across the US :

"you're gay"

Today while at Dan Murphy's I heard Stuck start on the radio, and I was like oh boy I can post something in this thread, and then I remembered that Stuck was a single and :(

:hug: Hope that helps!

Today I was on the bus, bit of a longer trip, and the driver had Gold FM on. I had my fingers crossed that they'd play some U2 however run of the mill (there's always hope left...) but no, just got some one hit wonders. Bleh!

There was also zero music creativity in the shops today. Was hoping that someone with a sense of 'adventure' would choose some new U2 songs but no such luck.

i remeber about 7 years ago in highschool hearing God Part II on the radio they had playing in class. i said something like "this is one of my favorite songs" and of course i got the most over-used reply in all highschools across the US :

"you're gay"

i've lost count the amount of times i've been told this following me saying something about u2.

:hug: Hope that helps!

i've lost count the amount of times i've been told this following me saying something about u2.

Same. Occasionally, it annoys me, but I've kind of learned to be proud of my love for U2. :)

Back on topic, none of the Achtung singles are *that* unknown... The Fly is known by anyone who knows much of anything by U2, Mysterious Ways and One are known by everyone and their dogs, Real Thing is reasonably well known and gets some decent airplay in the US on the types of channels that are generally friendly to U2 material, and WGRYWH gets some, too.

Same. Occasionally, it annoys me, but I've kind of learned to be proud of my love for U2. :)

Back on topic, none of the Achtung singles are *that* unknown... The Fly is known by anyone who knows much of anything by U2, Mysterious Ways and One are known by everyone and their dogs, Real Thing is reasonably well known and gets some decent airplay in the US on the types of channels that are generally friendly to U2 material, and WGRYWH gets some, too.

The US seems to be fairly U2 friendly from what has appeared on this thread. It seems in Australia at least the fascination waxes and wanes depending on what's cool. When U2 come to tour I bet U2 will be super cool to everyone and it will be playing everywhere.

Today I did hear 'All I Want is You' on the radio which was on at the Greek restaurant where I was having dinner. It took self control not to tell people to shut it while I listened to the song! :D Certainly not the expected place for U2 to be on but it was a welcome surprise.

:hug: For everyone who's ever been called gay for loving U2. And another one :hug: Be proud of the U2 love!

Back
Top Bottom