Weird Al Yankovic's Mandatory Fun... U2 have a lot to prove

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ashley mentioned Beyonce for about 3 seconds in the first post and apparently that's what U2girl pulled from the entire thread.

You know people can hate on miami all they want, but this version rocks. [and yes I got your reference?] https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h7GNiq_y580

That's what I'm talkin about right there. I think people need a refresher on when U2 were kicking some ass. People do hate on Miami, but I will listen to that 20 times over before listening to Invisible again.

2:21 to 2:50 - Good LORD!

It's a wash. Neither are classics, but both are fine in their own way.

"You know some places are like your auntie, but there's no place like...MIIIIIAAAAAMMMIIII" never ceases to crack me up. Bono tries to do some Rage Against the Machine shit and it backfires badly. Terrible line too. And then they let Larry sing.

But the rest of the song is pretty damn interesting and builds up nicely.

Last edited:

"You know some places are like your auntie, but there's no place like...MIIIIIAAAAAMMMIIII" never ceases to crack me up. Bono tries to do some Rage Against the Machine shit and it backfires badly. Terrible line too. And then they let Larry sing.

Yeah. The lyrics aren't very good. But it rocks live. The studio version, though, is the first U2 song I ever legit hated. I haven't really liked it until recently. It's pretty different and experimental, and it's been growing on me. A lot like Daddy's Gonna Pay..... I used to hate it. Now I love it.

I wonder if U2 would even consider releasing four videos before an album drop let alone eight like weird al did

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I wouldn't be surprised if they are embracing new ways of release after NLOTH failed in their eyes. The traditional way might not be entirely from this era anymore.

I would love that plus they would expose themselves to new fans (to continue the puns)

Can Larry sing?

I wouldn't be surprised if they are embracing new ways of release after NLOTH failed in their eyes.

I would. They love to talk about doing something new or innovative, but they rarely ever do. All talk, no walk.

I would. They love to talk about doing something new or innovative, but they rarely ever do. All talk, no walk.

That is exactly what I'm afraid of. We all hype up the album and after it is released they seem to disappoint. And yes the videos did come after but still 8 videos in two weeks is still awesome.

Bono needs to do what he always does and lose the album somewhere, only this time do nothing about it. Just write "new U2 album" on a CD and let the internet work its magic.

We'll know very quickly how irrelevant they are if nothing happens.

Last edited:
Ok, I just had the vision of Bono driving very slowly next to a group of kids.. "Hey psst, wanna get the new U2 album?"

:lol: Shit I need to stop drinking.

Bono needs to do what he always does and lose the album somewhere, only this time do nothing about it. Just write "new U2 album" on a CD and let the internet work its magic.

He did this on Valentine's Day.

I could see the headlines now "Bono's Big Boner" singer loses new U2 album.

Al's original tunes (many of which are style-parodies of a certain artist rather than specific song parodies) are what hold up the best in the long-run. I'd take "Lame Claim To Fame" or "First World Problems" over any recent U2 originals. They're not only catchy but funny as hell.

And while Al's actual song parodies kind of bored me this time (cool videos though), gotta give him credit for "Foil" which is basically a parody of a Weird Al parody. It's strange to have something on the album with a clever twist like that track yet there's also tracks as forgettable as "Handy".

Back
Top Bottom