Weird Al Yankovic's Mandatory Fun... U2 have a lot to prove

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_212

Blue Crack Distributor
If you've been on social media, or the Internet in general, this week, it was hard not to notice the release of "Weird" Al Yankovic's most recent effort: Mandatory Fun. Taking a page from the book of Beyonce, Yankovic followed the album's release up with a daily video (still on-going), each of which has gained an impressive amount of following.

This was a timed release, the album was announced months ago. There was no surprise, unannounced album drop. No mysterious websites and ambiguous code. All he's really done is the status quo: An LP with about 7 or 8 parodys, a Polka medley and a few original tracks inspired by the style of other artists. But he's made sure to keep himself in the public eye the entire time and as a result, while album sales may not reflect, he's likely never been more popular.

U2, take note.

U2 have already become a parody of themselves, so they may be well on their way.

Last edited:
He has also implied that this might be his last full-length physical album, and instead may just release individual songs digitally to get them out faster- another idea U2 may want to consider.

A pack of 50 year olds competing with arguably the biggest female artist on the planet.

Yeah, that'll work.

I assume the moment the boys from U2 heard "Foil", they started a search for another new producer to start from scratch again in an effort to be as relevant as Mr. Yankovic is.

I'm pretty sure that Word Crimes is my new favorite song.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Gimme 50 year old men with fake sincerity as they live in mansions tax-free over 50 year old men with bad parodies and funky hair any day. Except for "Fat". That rocks. "I'm fat, I'm fat, come on (Fat, fat, really really fat). You know I'm fat, I'm fat, you know it (Fat, fat, really really fat)." How that didn't sweep the Grammies, I'll never know. Who's fat?

This album is Weird Al's Achtung Baby.

Sent from my 831C using U2 Interference mobile app

Gimme 50 year old men with fake sincerity as they live in mansions tax-free over 50 year old men with bad parodies and funky hair any day. Except for "Fat". That rocks. "I'm fat, I'm fat, come on (Fat, fat, really really fat). You know I'm fat, I'm fat, you know it (Fat, fat, really really fat)." How that didn't sweep the Grammies, I'll never know. Who's fat?

but, come on, "when i sit around the house i really sit AROUND the house" is genius. so is "ham on, ham on, ham on whole wheat / allriiiiiiite."

maybe Bono should cover it on the next tour.

She was probably thinking of Beyonce since she did a similar thing if I'm not mistaken. Still baffling though.

Back
Top Bottom