We Are the Fallen cover WOWY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
On Idol, I sometimes got the impression that she was trying to hard. Or just wanted it so bad.

I think she's great, but I don't think she "translated" well on that show, you know?

What I like is the famous (or infamous) comment we always hear on AI - they "made it their own". They did the original justice, yet by making the song acoustic, having a female sing it and adding just enough changes to the vocals - combined with the outstanding performance, of course - really made this cover come alive. Like KingofSorrow, I too thought this might be another lame cover, but well done, very well done. :applaud:

Very nice cover. Not oversung (is that a word?) as others tend to do.

Has U2 ever granted permission to have their songs used on AI?

Yeah, there have been a few. Adam Lambert did "One" last year, and David Cook did "I Still Haven't Found."

On Idol, I sometimes got the impression that she was trying to hard. Or just wanted it so bad.

I think she's great, but I don't think she "translated" well on that show, you know?

I know exactly what you mean. I don't think she did either. I saw her sing a few months ago. David Cook brought her up on stage to sing "Barracuda" by Heart with his band The Anthemic. It was pretty cool.

Thx for the links, very good cover after listening to it again. Disagree with the sex appeal, probably bc I'm a guy bc it's more sexy when a lady friend sings it this well IMO! :)

Does anyone have that fantastic acoustic cover of Running to Stand Still? I have no idea who sang it but midway thru the song the singer almost sounds like Bono..IMO its the best cover of U2 ever

Back
Top Bottom