Watch Mojo - Top Ten U2 Songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Even given their methodology Even Better Than the Real Thing is a pretty WTF moment there.

Especially considering "Bad" was an "honorable mention" and "Pride" beat WTSHNN

Well I got where they were going with Pride, it's the song that propelled them to international superstardom, and it seems like they were really only including singles here given the commercial element of their methodology, so Bad doesn't fit there even given its "honorable mention".

I just so often hear people say that U2 wouldn't be where they were today if it weren't for the Live Aid performance of "Bad", so I guess I always find myself giving it special consideration.

Yeah it was Pride and the Live Aid performance in conjunction that launched them worldwide.

Hey, something, once, in the history of ever, beat Streets. So that makes this list interesting by default.

I'm a little disappointed that they didn't use more footage from shows besides Rose Bowl. They're usually better about that. One of the main reasons I like their videos so much is the footage.

Praise all that is holy that Vertigo wasn't in there.

I was actually expecting it to get #1 since Pride wasn't a massive hit single (I think it barely broke the US Top 40)...at least with Vertigo they could have made an argument of it being a huge worldwide hit and that was the only other choice left besides Pride.

I believe "Pride" is now the most played U2 song in concert ever. I know it was running neck-and-neck with "I Will Follow" for awhile though...even though "Pride" hasn't been a complete tour staple the way "Streets" and "One" and "Beautiful Day" and "Vertigo" have never left the setlist, it's still chocked up a very high appearance rate.

Edit: Looks like "I Will Follow" currently leads by seven, but that record will be absolutely obliterated if "Pride" is once again a tour staple. The band loves playing it because it doesn't take as much work as "Bad" and they don't know any of the other major TUF songs well enough to play something else every night ("A Sort of Homecoming", "Wire", etc.)

Huh? Did she say that Streets was "inspired by issues in their Irish homeland"? Oh yeah, Bono might have said something about that. Wait...he also said the song was about Africa.

What's this? One of Bono's songs is "about" more than one thing?! How can that be! We've been told that's impossible here!

This list is rubbish.

WatchMojo (which I rather like) also did a "Top 10 Cheesiest Videos of the 90s" list, and U2's "Numb" was ranked #1. Can't say I agree with that.

What's this? One of Bono's songs is "about" more than one thing?! How can that be! We've been told that's impossible here!

Such a one for hyperbole, Nick.

WatchMojo (which I rather like) also did a "Top 10 Cheesiest Videos of the 90s" list, and U2's "Numb" was ranked #1. Can't say I agree with that.
What? Surely Ain't Too Proud to Beg is still in existence.

I believe "Pride" is now the most played U2 song in concert ever. I know it was running neck-and-neck with "I Will Follow" for awhile though...even though "Pride" hasn't been a complete tour staple the way "Streets" and "One" and "Beautiful Day" and "Vertigo" have never left the setlist, it's still chocked up a very high appearance rate.

Edit: Looks like "I Will Follow" currently leads by seven, but that record will be absolutely obliterated if "Pride" is once again a tour staple. The band loves playing it because it doesn't take as much work as "Bad" and they don't know any of the other major TUF songs well enough to play something else every night ("A Sort of Homecoming", "Wire", etc.)

Pretty much every performance of Pride has been documented, though; you can't say the same for IWF, which apparently is likely to have been played over 100 times more than any other U2 song.

Back
Top Bottom