Vote for U2 in battle of the bands bracket.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was listening the day they announced this. There were a lot of people arguing that U2 shouldn't be a number 1 seed. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

I was listening the day they announced this. There were a lot of people arguing that U2 shouldn't be a number 1 seed. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

U2 always gets hammered by the morons in things like this. It's because they're still successful. It's just the way it goes. If U2 ever goes away, their level of international appreciation will skyrocket.

No bands—not even the Beatles and Stones—can match U2's combined commercial success, influence, live success and longevity. Some have two or three, but only U2 has all four. That won't be fully understood until they're gone.

East: New York Region
Round 1 Round 2 Round 3 Round 4
1. U2

16. Korn

Saywha? Since when are they from the NY area? :scratch:

East: New York Region
Round 1 Round 2 Round 3 Round 4
1. U2

16. Korn

Saywha? Since when are they from the NY area? :scratch:

its not about where you are from....the bracket is modeled after the NCAA bracket(s). for example, a team like UCONN might play in the west bracket. the stones are in the seattle bracket.

Eh.. what is NCAA, UCONN? :scratch:

Sorry-its the mens/womens college basketball tournament. 68 teams are chosen to participate in the tournament for the championship. UCONN is the university of connecticut (east coast) could play in the West bracket even though the school is on the east coast. The bracket names refer to where the games are being played as opposed to where they are from.

Aha... but what does this music thing have to do with basketball? I'm confused..

the basketball tournament starts soon and it is a slow time in the sporting world...the show decided to do its own tournament. two years ago they did a tournament of cereals and then a super hero tournament. this year its rock bands.

This is fucking awful.

Outkast? Yeahhhhh, when I think of rock bands I think of Outkast. Get the fuck outta here.

No R.E.M.? Or Radiohead? The E Street Band? Stooges, Smiths, Television, Talking Heads, Velvet Underground, Beach Boys, Blur, Creedence, Petty and the Heartbreakers?

To name just a few. Every single one of those oversights is hugely egregious, when you consider some of the other "bands" that made the list.

Fuck you, Colin Cowherd.

This is fucking awful.

Outkast? Yeahhhhh, when I think of rock bands I think of Outkast. Get the fuck outta here.

No R.E.M.? Or Radiohead? The E Street Band? Stooges, Smiths, Television, Talking Heads, Velvet Underground, Blur, Creedence, Petty and the Heartbreakers?

To name just a few. Every single one of those oversights is hugely egregious, when you consider some of the other "bands" that made the list.

Fuck you, Colin Cowherd.

love it

This is ESPN. Prime fuckin' time. They are who you think they are. Don't let them off the hook.

This is ESPN. Prime fuckin' time. They are who you think they are. Don't let them off the hook.

over.jpg

I'll be voting for U2...until they meet The Beatles.

As for Outkast I like them even though they aren't a Rock Band. I wish Janis Joplin could be up there, she had a bunch of bands but I guess that doesn't count.

This is fucking awful.

No R.E.M.? Or Radiohead? The E Street Band? Stooges, Smiths, Television, Talking Heads, Velvet Underground, Beach Boys, Blur, Creedence, Petty and the Heartbreakers?

Fuck you, Colin Cowherd.

So true! WTF?!?!

O.K., maybe not "Blur" but the rest for sure.

Noooo, go vote people. Queen over the Rolling Stones should be the upset, not Aerosmith over U2, even though I like Aerosmith too.

Back
Top Bottom