Vertigo Toronto-3 (16/09/05) band MENEW to appear on Letterman

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VintagePunk

Blue Crack Distributor
Anyone who attended this show will remember the lively rendition of Out Of Control played when the band MENEW was pulled up on stage that night.

I spent the day behind them in the GA line, and they were nice guys. I remember coaching them about monitoring their fluid intake, so that they wouldn't lose their spot that evening because of excessive peeing, lol. They talked about wanting to be pulled up on stage, but I had no idea they were a legitimate band, I thought they were just a bunch of guys messing around. I got video of their performance with U2 and looked them up online and sent it to them. After that, we e-mailed a bit and then they put me of their e-mail list, and I get invitations to their shows, and general band announcements. I've always meant to go check them out, but I've never gotten around to it.

Imagine my surprise tonight when I got an e-mail from them saying that they're going to be on Letterman tomorrow night (Wed, Jan 28th). Kinda cool. I guess they're hitting the big time. :) Good luck guys! They're also playing a gig in NYC Friday night.

Here's video of MENEW with U2. This isn't mine, I just pulled it from YouTube. The quality's not the best.

YouTube - U2 & MENEW - Out of Control

MENEW

I was there :hyper:
I was so happy for the guys - I mean, what an opportunity of a life time for them. Glad to hear they are recording their own music and being featured on David Letterman Show. Good for them!

I was there too. :shifty::lol::kiss: I remember them. :hyper: Well done to them sounds like they're doing good. :up:

You were? :ohmy: :wink:

I feel bad now that I've never gone to see them! Just a few weeks ago they played a club not far from Sarah's school. I've never heard them on the radio here, but that doesn't really mean anything, because I don't listen to a lot of radio or anything. Their video has apparently been played on Much Music.

YouTube - MENEW - This Isn't Real

They really were nice guys. They struck me as being dorky fanboys, really excited to be there. :cute: It was their first U2 show, and they had no idea how the lottery/ellipse worked, so we were explaining it to them.

Back
Top Bottom