USA Today leaks U2 for Rock Band 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RoKKeR

Refugee

So, this is actually sort of big news. This would be the first time U2 has let their songs be in a music video game, (I believe) and I Will Follow can be clearly heard in the background. The guy in the video also mentions having another song on-disc with more to come via DLC after the game's release.

Ah! Well it was a video from USA Today that was a preview of the game. It's out this week so I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

Here's the announcement. Other song is Cedarwood Road.

'Rock Band 4' gets U2 as music video game rivalry reboots

In addition to being first on the market, Rock Band 4 has another selling point: The interactive music game debut of U2 (the Irish quartet previously has only had songs in the karaoke game SingStar). The U2 songs included with the Rock Band 4 game software ($59 and $79 separately; $129.99 with guitar controller) are "I Will Follow," a hit from their 1980 full-length debut Boy, and "Cedarwood Road," from last year's Songs of Innocence. Future songs will be included in downloadable songs that can be purchased online.

Wow I did't even know these games still existed.. I have some old Guitar Hero versions, up to 5 I think. Does Rock Band work with Guitar Hero controllers? If so I might as well pick this up.

Wow I did't even know these games still existed.. I have some old Guitar Hero versions, up to 5 I think. Does Rock Band work with Guitar Hero controllers? If so I might as well pick this up.

Within the same console family, yes (Xbox 360 to Xbox One, PS3 to PS4), but there's a few caveats.

Past Guitar Hero controllers work with Rock Band games. The Xbox One version of Rock Band 4 requires a dongle for Xbox 360 controllers to work, and even then, only wireless 360 controllers are currently going to be supported. Otherwise, you will need to buy Xbox One controllers.

Within the same console family, yes (Xbox 360 to Xbox One, PS3 to PS4), but there's a few caveats.

Past Guitar Hero controllers work with Rock Band games. The Xbox One version of Rock Band 4 requires a dongle for Xbox 360 controllers to work, and even then, only wireless 360 controllers are currently going to be supported. Otherwise, you will need to buy Xbox One controllers.

:uhoh: So what if I have a Wii? Since the WiiU is now out, but it uses the same Wii Motes, so technically that should still work then, right?

I am going to get a WiiU eventually, but right now I don't really have the cash nor the space, and I'm waiting for a possible special edition for the new Zelda.

Yeah, all I have is a WiiU... don't play that many videogames as of late, but when I do I'm an absolute sucker for Nintendo games lol

Sent from my SCH-I435 using U2 Interference mobile app

8 pack of DLC released tomorrow:
• “Sunday Bloody Sunday” - 1983
• “Pride (In The Name Of Love)” - 1984
• “Where The Streets Have No Name” - 1987
• “Desire” - 1988
• “One” - 1992
• “Vertigo” - 2004
• “California (There Is No End To Love)” - 2014
• “The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)” - 2014

8 pack of DLC released tomorrow:
•“Sunday Bloody Sunday” - 1983
•“Pride (In The Name Of Love)” - 1984
•“Where The Streets Have No Name” - 1987
•“Desire” - 1988
•“One” - 1992
•“Vertigo” - 2004
•“California (There Is No End To Love)” - 2014
•“The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)” - 2014

Typical greatest hits set list... /s

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

This is great news! Very surprised and happy with California in this group. We have a 10-month old daughter who already loves her music and we have a baby tambourine for her that she uses to play along with us when we listen to music, concerts on tv like the Paris show that we watched on HBO as a family, and when we play Rockband. So happy we'll get to enjoy these songs in this way. Game nights are about to get a lot more exciting around our house :)

Last edited:
I would like to see Harmonix do album packs, like 5-8 songs from each album cus I doubt they'd ever do full U2 albums - then again they offered the full Pearl Jam albums 'Ten' and 'Backspacer' a few years ago. I'm encouraged by the name U2 essentials 01, as they usually have that number at the end as a placeholder for future packs like 02 or 03, so you have to believe there will be some more packs to come.

Last edited:
Very happy they are finally getting U2, and yes, hope for more packs in the future. I have absolutely no musical talent whatsoever, and my voice is crap. So having the ability to "play" my plastic instruments and belt out my favorite U2 songs in the comfort of my man cave where only my poor wife has to hear me . . well, let's just say this is as close as I'll ever come to being a rock star, ha ha!

Trying to think of a song from each album that would be super fun to play, or at least make an interesting note chart for the game. I think Harmonix would probably just pick the biggest hits, but if I could choose...

Boy: The Electric Co.
October: Rejoice (those drums in the middle! yes plz)
War: Two Hearts Beat As One
TUF: Wire
TJT: In God's Country
RAH: AIWIY
AB: The Fly!
Zooropa: hmm, not sure, maybe SDABTO?
Pop: any of the first 3 songs would be awesome!
ATYCLB: Beautiful Day
HTDAAB: COBL
NLOTH: NLOTH
SOI: Iris

For music geeks, the best part of this will be ripping the files into audio multi-tracks to play with and remix on audio editing programs.

Oooh hadn't even thought of that when this was originally announced, that'd be amazing assuming someone manages to dig them out eventually

Back
Top Bottom