Unpopular U2 opinions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
- ZooTV in Sydney is the worst-looking U2 concert DVD ever
this made me think of something else, though it's not unpopular, i'd imagine. U2 have never released a full concert and that pisses me off. this should be a non-issue, especially now that we have dvds and they can hold so much more video than a vhs tape.

1.Ok, my first unpopular on U2 would be that I consider Passengers to be a full U2 album, I'd even place it as one of my fave 5 U2 albums.

2. I hate any of the acoustic parts of U2 show, not one U2 song has ever benefitted or been improved by not being played full band.

3. I think that Sometimes You Can't Make it on your own is a very beautiful, genuine,heartfelt song, one of my favourites of the decade. Ditto Stuck In A Moment.

4 I was very disappointed with Popmart, after the glory of Zoo TV I just didn't think that Pop the album and popmart the tour had much in common, the worlds biggest screen that only seemed to have anything on it for about 1 fifth of the show. I actually preferred the Elevation and Vertigo tours.

5. I hate the added on end parts of One and With or Without You when played live, the shine like stars and see me coming lord parts actually make me cringe.

6. October is one of U2's best albums, War is one of their worst.

7. Night and Day is one of U2's top 30 best songs, even though it is a cover version.

8. The Ground Beneath Her Feet is the best song U2 have recorded since 1997.

9 I genuinely believe that u2 are about to release one of the best albums of their career.

10. And finally, U2 are the best group of all time, that's a fairly unpopular opinion-)

This thread is making me sad.

And it's funny, y'know. When I started here, all that was talked about, and I mean all, was the absolute superiority of AB/One/ZooTV. Seriously when I began, I could not find one single person (besides ax) who disliked One. Everyone adored it beyond the normal level of adoration. Same with ZooTV. I'd never seen it, and so it was revered it seemed. Revered as if it was magic, not just a concert. Now, all those opinions have changed! :lol:

- Surrender is fucking choice. Is that an unpopular opinion or not? Nobody really seems to talk about it.

Got herself up on the 48th floor, gotta find out, find out what she's living for!!! :rockon:

this made me think of something else, though it's not unpopular, i'd imagine. U2 have never released a full concert and that pisses me off. this should be a non-issue, especially now that we have dvds and they can hold so much more video than a vhs tape.

Well, Popmart is pretty close to a full concert. Only a few of Bono's remarks and little things like that are edited out.

5. I hate the added on end parts of One and With or Without You when played live, the shine like stars and see me coming lord parts actually make me cringe.

We are no longer friends.

:wink:

Well, Popmart is pretty close to a full concert. Only a few of Bono's remarks and little things like that are edited out.
it is? oh shit, i guess i got pwned. :depressed: even though i have (i think?) every dvd i never watch them. though i actually have red rocks in my dvd player and have watched it a couple times this week. wtf is wrong with me?

Slane, Boston, Sydney, none of them are full concerts?

Boston has several songs cut, Sydney cut Tryin' to throw... Slane has all the songs but MW is an extra on the DVD.

I also think Popmart was, like Boston, edited out of two nights.

Slane, Boston, Sydney, none of them are full concerts?

MW from Slane is included solely as a bonus track, not in the actual concert itself.

Sydney lacks TTTYAATW.

Boston lacks Pride, One, Mysterious Ways, and People Get Ready from 6 June 2001, the main night of filming. There is footage from the 5th and 9th too, most notably Stay (PGR's replacement) being from the 5th.

Boston has several songs cut, Sydney cut Tryin' to throw... Slane has all the songs but MW is an extra on the DVD.

I also think Popmart was, like Boston, edited out of two nights.

Ah, beat me to it.

As far as I know, Popmart's musically pretty much entirely the second night, but angles from the first are used. The unedited bootleg of the 3 December 1997 concert has very few differences to the official release, not that I've watched either within the past year.

We are no longer friends.

:wink:

I feared this would be the result :doh:
But if I can forgive you for disliking Achtung Baby you can forgive me for this heinous crime:)
Let's concentrate on our mutual love of Passengers, Treasure and One Tree Hill:wink::drool:

I feared this would be the result :doh:
But if I can forgive you for disliking Achtung Baby you can forgive me for this heinous crime:)
Let's concentrate on our mutual love of Passengers, Treasure and One Tree Hill:wink::drool:

This sounds like a fair deal.

In the spirit of this thread, though, I'm going to come out and say that I don't think Miss Sarajevo is all that, really. Not one of the top five songs on Passengers.

This sounds like a fair deal.

In the spirit of this thread, though, I'm going to come out and say that I really don't think Miss Sarajevo is all that, really. Not one of the top five songs on Passengers.

Wow, that's a contraversial one. I would say that Slug and Your Blue Room are potentially superior.
In the spirit of the thread I will "come out" and admit that I love Elvis Ate America:reject:

Wow, that's a contraversial one. I would say that Slug and Your Blue Room are potentially superior.
In the spirit of the thread I will "come out" and admit that I love Elvis Ate America:reject:

I don't think Miss Sarajevo is a bad song or anything, but it just doesn't do a whole lot for me. It was nice live on Vertigo, but I wouldn't be sad if the band didn't play it again. I'd take United Colours, Slug, Your Blue Room, Always Forever Now, Beach Sequence, One Minute Warning, and maybe Let's Go Native over it.

Still keeping with the thread, depending on my mood, I sometimes prefer Bottoms to Zoo Station.

I like just about all of October, cept for With a Shout probably.
JT is probably my favourite album, or AB. Either one.
Stadium gigs give me the shits - why can't I see U2 in a club, huh?
I really like WITS, and the video.
I haven't listened to the last 2 albums since the tour, or want to.
Never listened to the whole of Passengers.
Edge's first wife is better looking than the second.

I like just about all of October, cept for With a Shout probably.
JT is probably my favourite album, or AB. Either one.
Stadium gigs give me the shits - why can't I see U2 in a club, huh?
I really like WITS, and the video.
I haven't listened to the last 2 albums since the tour, or want to.
Never listened to the whole of Passengers.
Edge's first wife is better looking than the second.

Agreed about Aislinn O'Sullivan.

"one" post ZooTv sucks.
bono needs to only open his mouth when it's time to sing. the rest off the time just shut the hell up.

i second that

i know he cares deeply about africa (as do I)
But so ova hearing about it every time he sings one live (maybe thats why im kinda ova that song)

But it's with blue, and when blue goes with yellow, it becomes awesome.

eagles2.jpg

do these boys make a calendar?

sorry, carry on.....

I have never "gotten" Larry. ever. for twenty years I have been trying to like the guy. I don't understand how someone living everyone's wildest dream can seem so surly at all times. Even if he is smiling on the inside, to me that does not count as I am only privy to his public persona. Lighten up, dude. And I find the whole "larry was 14...still is" line utterly dreadful.

I could not disagree more when people claim that the vertigo setlists were "diverse" and "varied". No they weren't. I could predict the next song 9times out of 10. The opener was vertigo or COBL? Heart of Darkness in the middle? Shocking! If some surprising variation came along it was mindblowing.

I have never understood how the band, espcially bono and edge, can play night after night after night after night, hundreds of times in a row, with the same pantomimes and forced bonoisms, as if they were audioanimatronic robots. I have always disliked how the massive productions follow a script, as opposed to performing like an impromptu rock band. I know, blame it on the technology. I will take Manray, Irving Plaza or Astoria any day over Giants Stadium.

Man, that was cathartic! now back to our regularly scheduled programming...

ETA: one last thing, Bono will you please learn that MSG is not madison square gardenS! You have only played there roughly 50 times and live in manhattan 1/3 of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom