ULTRA-RARE lovetown footage - Van Diemans Land

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Edge is glowing at the prospect of singing a song for us. :cute: Or maybe Sydney just has really fucked up water.

YouTube - U2 All Along the Watchtower Lovetown Tour

also, if you watch this clip there are segments in the clip from other than all along the watch tower, such as:

-bono on stage with the girls, waiving the sign around
-bono shining light on edge during btbs solo
-bono on acoustic guitar, im guessing ishfwilf

so they must have the whole show taped.

I find the editing a bit hard to watch now on this.. it's too random and quite irritating.

Apparently there was a two hour documentary that aired in Australia, with a shorter half-hour doc shown elsewhere around the world.

"Desire" was cut from the shorter documentary too:

YouTube - U2 - Desire Live in Sydney [HD - High Quality] Lovetown Tour

With these clips added back in, it would be a pretty stinking good doc:
All I Want is You
Desire
All Along the Watchtower
Van Diemen's Land
Hawkmoon
God Part II
When Love Comes to Town
Love Rescue Me

More info is here:
Sydney Lovetown Tour - Extended Version

This is a pretty great version of "All I Want is You":
YouTube - U2 - All I Want Is You Live in Sydney [HD - High Quality] Lovetown Tour

The Uk version had Desire, it was incredible!! The only song missing was VDL, this is the first time I've seen it.

Yeah when they flew back from the Australian Tour they had to fly into Shannon or Cork because Dublin airport was closed. They took the train back.

Seriously folks, take away all the stupid interview footage and this is some of the best ever U2 live footage. Hope they release it some day. The whole show will have been captured. Would love to see that.

It was offered to collectors a few years ago for a large sum of money, apparently... From what I know the whole pro shot concert exists. Whether or not it's "out there" though is open to debate...

It's mine and many other fan's Holy Grail!

Back
Top Bottom