Uber version

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi there, I have nr 1713 of the uber edition, did anyone notice in the book that there is a huge typo?It says that the achtung baby/zoo tv/zooropa tour ended in Japan in 2003?

Yeah, I caught that, too. :doh:

I've got the super version, so apparently they didn't bother with a copyeditor for either version.

Those are all zooropa era, which obviously wasn't the focus here. Granted lines were blurred which I think is the big flaw of this release, but I'm still hoping we get something more from zooropa.

Just because you film doesn't mean it's DVD worthy. There's a big difference between filming for your own records, which may only have a few fixed views, and doing a proshot with quality syncable audio.

They put Zooropa on this so... :shrug: those could be candidates for being a part of this rerelease.
You really think Oh Berlin, that instrumental, Down all the days and Heaven and Hell is all they have left from AB sessions ?

We know there's Stockholm and Washington. We know they filmed Adelaide as a rehearsal for Sydney. And if nothing else, Phil Joanou shot the 1992 show from which the songs on that Zoo TV special extra on Sydney DVD are from. And who knows what or how much else got pro shot filming.

You really think Oh Berlin, that instrumental, Down all the days and Heaven and Hell is all they have left from AB sessions ?

That we haven't heard and releaseable? There's a good chance.

Do you know of any others?

I think people believe they have some huge vault of this period, but they really weren't that prolific during this time, I mean not more than usual. Some of these songs stem back from late 80's sessions, some went on to make Zooropa, and the Salome bootleg shows they worked on some ideas over and over and over. I doubt there's much that we haven't heard.

We know there's Stockholm and Washington. We know they filmed Adelaide as a rehearsal for Sydney. And if nothing else, Phil Joanou shot the 1992 show from which the songs on that Zoo TV special extra on Sydney DVD are from. And who knows what or how much else got pro shot filming.

Well Adelaide would pretty much be the same show, Stockholm was not pro shot, so really that only leads Washington. I'm not sure U2 really saw the need to meticulously(and we know that they are) edit another video.

BVS said:
Maybe I'm mistaken but I've read that basically it's just their nightly feed that they film for themselves.

Well, it was broadcast on television. And the quality (not necessarily recording quality, but quality of cinematography, I guess) is certainly at least as good as Washington.

I thought Stockholm was filmed by MTV because of the contest winner, who had the concert beamed into his home?

I learned this by watching the MTV Most Wanted special on the bonus disc! :lol: That guy's girlfriend was hilarious.

I thought Stockholm was filmed by MTV because of the contest winner, who had the concert beamed into his home?

I learned this by watching the MTV Most Wanted special on the bonus disc! :lol: That guy's girlfriend was hilarious.

Me too. I'd watched the Stockholm boot recently and was wondering why Bono was talking to those people in the UK. Now I get it.

So 'Uber' heads are you happy with your purchase/the set? I'm on the fence..........U2's my favorite band............I consider AB their only masterpiece......its my favorite U2 record.........I love vinyl......but damn $400 is quite a bit.

And do we know how many Uber sets they made?

So 'Uber' heads are you happy with your purchase/the set? I'm on the fence..........U2's my favorite band............I consider AB their only masterpiece......its my U2 record.........I love vinyl......but damn $400 is quite a bit.

I'd say about 10.000.

So 'Uber' heads are you happy with your purchase/the set? I'm on the fence..........U2's my favorite band............I consider AB their only masterpiece......its my favorite U2 record.........I love vinyl......but damn $400 is quite a bit.

I am very very happy. :heart:

Yes it was a lot to spend all at once, but I've spent SO much more than that in the grand scheme of my u2 fandom. Looking at it that way, it really wasn't much at all.

I'll give it a shot!

6 U2 CDs: $60
4 U2 DVDs: $80
5 U2 LP singles: $50
Freaking awesome magnetic Achtung Baby cabinet: $150
Bono glasses: $60
16 art prints: $20
84 page hardcover book: $10
Stickers and badges: I dunno, $10?

Yeah, ok.

Now, I don't actually WANT new copies of Zooropa or the ZOOTV Sydney shows (subtract $30), but we're well over the $300 amazon.ca is charging me. And then the other X factor is, what if the box really is limited edition?

ETA: I notice that the Smith's super deluxe box came out Oct 11, and now is only available from 3rd part sellers for almost $600....[/QUOTEI`ve got mine on the way from Amazon, and i`m sure most of us have already got some of the cds and dvds in there.

I`m mainly getting it for the unreleased songs, From The Sky Down dvd, the book and the Fly Shades, as they are the only Bono shades that have eluded my collection....he he! And the whole set does look nice!

Back
Top Bottom