UABRS remaster out today in Aust on CD/DVD. No deluxe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Red Rocks DVD: Why is "I Fall Down" not included?

Does anyone understand why U2 would not include "I Fall Down" on the Red Rocks DVD? Is there any chance it might be on there as "hidden track"?

I don't think there is an audio cd. I thought I had heard that there was too, but the people who have this now have said there is not.
Had always hoped to finally see I Fall Down someday as well, but now the mystery is solved. At least we have the I Fall Down audio bootleg from Red Rocks.

There was a malfunction in one of the main cameras i believe. Is it not on the audio cd as well?

Really? So it was something they were able to fix within a 3 minutes before the start of October? Where did you hear about this? Do you have any links or sources?

I'm confused by the whole thing.. is the 2-CD set with CD and DVD the best version of the release? I thought there was another more delux version with a documenary and 2 random versions of 'Seconds'....

I've ordered the 2-CD version today and i'll be spewing if I've missed anything !!

I'm confused by the whole thing.. is the 2-CD set with CD and DVD the best version of the release? I thought there was another more delux version with a documenary and 2 random versions of 'Seconds'....

I've ordered the 2-CD version today and i'll be spewing if I've missed anything !!

I won't comment on whether the CD/DVD version is the best one (define what's best), but it's the single version that's most complete if you care about a remastered UABRS and Red Rocks on DVD.
The CD only has the remastered UABRS, the DVD only the Red Rocks DVD. The CD/DVD combo has both.
:)

I won't comment on whether the CD/DVD version is the best one (define what's best), but it's the single version that's most complete if you care about a remastered UABRS and Red Rocks on DVD.
The CD only has the remastered UABRS, the DVD only the Red Rocks DVD. The CD/DVD combo has both.
:)

But if you want the DVD you have to buy the deluxe edition with the CD, right ?

I received mine yesterday but didn't have time to listen to it or watch it, only read the booklet. The "camera malfunction" is a shame, the show would have been complete with IFD.

DVD comes with 16 page inlay and CD comes with (different) 24 page inlay, complete with lyrics. Both sound fantastic.

I just got the US deluxe version and the CD booklet, while full of cool photos, does not have lyrics. Just an essay by Anthony DeCurtis. So the standard CD has lyrics but the deluxe doesn't? That is weird.

I was under the impression that the audio cd had all of the songs from the dvd....not just the old "under a blood red sky" remastered.

I was under the impression that the audio cd had all of the songs from the dvd....not just the old "under a blood red sky" remastered.

I think that's where there was a lot of confusion. I thought I had read that somewhere as well. That there would be the regular UABRS remaster, and then a deluxe 2 cd with the full concert audio (and DVD) but so far it seems the "2 CD" was just the UABRS CD and Red Rocks DVD.

I'm going to go get mine now. :drool:

Just watching it now.. it is a real improvement and, as somebody that was introduced to U2 via my brother's 'Red Rocks' video (he played it non stop back in 84/85) it's great to see the 'new' songs! If you think Bono's manouvres on 'An Cat Dubh' on the Vertigo tour were strange - he pulls out a cracker at Red Rocks... those of you that have seen it will know what I mean!
The introduction to the show is slightly different too with some additional Bono interview footage.

This remaster is incredible amazing!!!

Watching the DVD gives me a great feeling of nostalgia to a time I never experienced being a U2 fan.

What an amazing concert!!! What a feeling, what a warm, rocking concert!!! Hell I wished I was there, those were the real days!

Just got home with mine... so pretty... (yes deluxe at Best Buy for $24.99) can't wait to watch after work tonight! :hyper:

(Funny side note: Myself and a guy were both in Best Buy at the same time both looking on the shelf for this. I thought he looked and sounded very familiar... could have sworn we'd talked before... turns out he was in the seat next to me at U23D on opening night. :lol: )

Well, finally an explanation! THANK YOU chocky! It's what I had guessed it was all along.

Any explanation why it was left off the audio cd? (If it actually is left off that is. Amazon isn't listing it as included)

I'm confused BonoComet. "I Fall Down" was never ON the CD of Under A Blood Red Sky. The CD is the same 8 songs that it's always been - only remastered.

The DVD is the whole Red Rocks setlist, minus "I Fall Down".

My only complaint, and most fans seem to agree, is the edit in "The Electric Co." I wish they'd put the "Send In The Clowns" bit.

DVD-wise, would have been cool to have "I Fall Down".

But that aside, great to have a remaster of the EP and almost the whole show, on DVD.

I'm confused BonoComet. "I Fall Down" was never ON the CD of Under A Blood Red Sky. The CD is the same 8 songs that it's always been - only remastered.

The DVD is the whole Red Rocks setlist, minus "I Fall Down".

yeah that comment was made before I realized there is no audio cd of the full concert. It had been thought by some including me that the deluxe version was going to have one. Someone even posted that I Fall Down was left off the audio disc. All very confusing. We know now there is not an audio CD, just the UABRS as it always was. :)

from nick,

to those that have viewed the dvd, how good is the sound, i too am planning on ripping the dvd audio to cd later tonight when i get home from work, hopefully it is crisp and clear

Back
Top Bottom