U2's Top Live Moments

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The PopMart Rotterdam performance of "Please" is probably at the top of my list.

Agreed with Please, but I'd pick the VMA performance over Rotterdam.

Sunday Bloody Sunday from UABRS.

Any number of Streets performances.

One from ZooTV Sydney or the Miss Sarajevo single.

Love Is Blindness from ZooTV Stockholm("Dancing ZooTV")...just listened to that performance for the first time in a long time the other day, and it's just :drool:

Lemon and Dirty from ZooTV Sydney.

I Will Follow from SNL in 2004(I remember Amy Poehler crying during this performance).

With Or Without You from JT Tour Chicago("Rock's Hottest Ticket")

The Fly from Vertigo Chicago.

Any number of Until The End Of The World performances.

Kite from the Window In The Skies single.

Bad from WAIA.

One of the recent Zooropa performances.

One of the earlier Ultraviolet 360 performances.

Mofo from the MTV EMAs.

Just to name a few. Just the tip of the iceberg.

I would automatically say Live Aid but my mate went and said it was far better when watched back on video as you could actually see what was going on:lol:

Guess the NYE Dublin show must take some beating for the pure anticipation that must have been in the building.
Red Rocks also. But would you feel the same if it hadn't been filmed? I've been to lots of shows and got soaked!

The whole ZooTV encore that went:

Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car
Lemon
With or Without You
Love Is Blindness

Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me LIVE from Turin 2010

Zooropa, Second time it was played in Sao Paulo

All I Want Is You > Streets from Slane Castle

Please, Rotterdam

One Tree Hill from 12-26, Point Depot

Kite Live off the Window In The Skies single

I'll think of some others

gvox said:
Just about all the oldies from RnH and UABRS personally

Streets from any tour still does it for me, but that recent version from Brazil on youtube is damn good

Which Brazil show?

Cork August 1987, Dublin 27/12/89 and possibly Live Aid just to hear the end of Bad, the BBC sat link blew up... yet survived the whole of Spandau Ballet it seemed...

live

With or Without You - ZooTv Washington DC 92
Please/streets - Popmart rotterdam 97
Stay - Zootv Dublin 93
Love is blindness & Lemon - ZooTV sydney 93 (dvd)
A sort of homecoming - Wide awake in america
All i want is you - slane

agreed with Zooropa from Sao Paulo 13/4/11

- Red Rocks, anything from it. can't pick i've watched that video so many damn times
- Any ZOO TV show opening, hell the whole Zooropa Dublin show in '93
- Any Popmart MOFO. couldn't really choose, maybe the MTV awards.
- Last Night On Earth, Popmart Mexico City. Best performance EVER.
- LOVETOWN. to see God Part II :drool: great setlists on that tour, maybe one of the Dublin ones
- The Fly, Boston Elevation
- Manray Club, Paris in 2000. just to see them doing a club gig, up close and personal :reject: Even Better Than The Real Thing just bouncing off the walls
- All I Want Is You/Streets, Slane. fucking incredible.
- Streets, Vertigo 2005 in Cardiff. My first U2 gig and that moment was the first time I'd been to a gig and my eyes welled up i'm embarrassed to say, but everything everyone said was right. it's just this unbelievable moment where the gig (However amazing it was already) just gets pushed up another level.

The obvious ones have already been mentioned, so I won't bother repeating them. I'd go to the other end of the spectrum, which is the opening night of the PopMart tour in Vegas. I remember the music press really beat them up about how bad that opening night was. I'd want to see it with my own eyes...I'm sure it was more a case of people going "what the fuck..." rather than U2 stinking the place out.

The whole ZooTV encore that went:

Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car
Lemon
With or Without You
Love Is Blindness

Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me LIVE from Turin 2010

Zooropa, Second time it was played in Sao Paulo

All I Want Is You > Streets from Slane Castle

Please, Rotterdam

One Tree Hill from 12-26, Point Depot

Kite Live off the Window In The Skies single

I'll think of some others
I think we have the same brain.
Other than what you listed I don't have much to add, except maybe an entire Zoo show and the original encore.

dat lites my way jenk be sum pretty tight beat. u2 be tour'n soon??? i likes ta take my homegirl to see'm. i be pretty sure dat in itself guarntee me a bit of action dat night

I've been to a few shows from every tour since TJT and one from TUF so ideally I'd like to go back and see a show from before then, maybe from the Octber tour. But if I could I'd love to go to the opening gig from ZOO TC, which was Florida I think, or if not one of the Australian LoveTown shows.

Zoo TV Ultraviolet (Dublin or Dancing Zoo)

Zoo Outside Broadcast Desire and Bullet.

Slane Sunday Bloody Sunday

No love for Exit from RH? Love Edge thrashing that Les Paul in one of their heaviest songs. A violent epic.

Exit is definitly one of my favourite U2 songs, even the studio version. And the live version is about 5 times better.

Back
Top Bottom