U2's Sixth Best Album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BigMacPhisto

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Various polls on Interference throughout the years, including one that I've just conducted (Albums You Meet In U2 Heaven), have nearly always determined that U2's triumvirate of masterpiece albums seems to be Achtung Baby, Joshua Tree & The Unforgettable Fire.

Via a new polling system, we have also determined that No Line On The Horizon and POP are the band's fourth and fifth best albums, respectively.

Now, let's determine the correct ranking for the rest of the band's catalog. Officially.

Simply post the next three greatest studio albums that you feel U2 has delivered, in order of quality. The album that attains 50% of the ranked-choice voting will be declared the band's fifth greatest album.

(For those that don't know, ranked-choice voting is where we'll count all of the first place votes to begin with. If no album exceeded fifty percent of the first place votes, then we eliminate the lowest vote getting album for first place and count those user's second place votes and so-forth. Eventually, one album will have to be the remaining #1 pick for a majority of voters.)

The remaining albums:

Boy
October
War
Rattle & Hum
Zooropa
Original Soundtracks I
All That You Can't Leave Behind
How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb

My Ballot:

1. All That You Can't Leave Behind
2. Zooropa
3. War

Poor War :( I thought it would waltz into the Top 5 without breaking sweat. If it ends up finishing below HTDAAB, my head will explode in disbelief! Anyway, here's my three
1. War
2. Zooropa
3. Rattle & Hum

Looks like Zooropa is going to run away with this one.....just waiting to collect some more ballots to legitimize this election.

for those who selected ATYCLB :angry::madspit:

:wink:

Well for me it's more than just those songs [which I love]. I remember liking Sweetest Thing in 1998/1999 when I was 10/11, but ATYCLB was the first album where I really got into U2 and exposed to them often, especially with the Elevation/Tomb Raider movie connection. And those songs were big in the simpler/happy time right before Sept 11th and then got a whole new meaning for the months afterwards, especially with the Super Bowl performance.

PennyLanePHINS said:
Well for me it's more than just those songs [which I love]. I remember liking Sweetest Thing in 1998/1999 when I was 10/11, but ATYCLB was the first album where I really got into U2 and exposed to them often, especially with the Elevation/Tomb Raider movie connection. And those songs were big in the simpler/happy time right before Sept 11th and then got a whole new meaning for the months afterwards, especially with the Super Bowl performance.

Elevation era >>>>>>>>>>>>> ATYCLB.

That may have been the last time it was cool to be a U2 fan.

Alright, a distinct lack of interest this round, but perhaps because the winner is so obvious.

Round One:

Boy - 1
War - 3
Zooropa - 9
ATYCLB - 5

- Ballot with Boy goes nowhere, so we move on to the War ballots.

Round Two:

Zooropa - 10
ATYCLB - 6

Zooropa has 10 out of 18 ballots, crossing the 50% threshold and claiming victory.

Back
Top Bottom