U2's second chance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:huh: The closest U2 got to Bon Jovi (according to some) is Kite.

SUC is closer to Zeppelin with a bit of Peppers funk. Not great, but I like something different instead of "chimes of infinity" of the last two (and two or so songs on ATYCLB) albums. And it works together with Boots. Crazy however...totally out of place. And it's considerably better than the worst songs of, say, last 4 albums before NLOTH.

We need a new album or a fourth single, don't we ?

Regardless, it is Led Zeppelin-inspired. I'm fairly sure Edge has said as much.

I believe he said some of his playing on NLOTH was inspired by hanging out with Page for It might get loud...in particular SUC and Boots riff.

:huh: The closest U2 got to Bon Jovi (according to some) is Kite.

Though our opinions and tastes are usually miles apart, I have to give you a witness here (if you are in fact agreeing with this).

I still think "Kite" is a good song, overall. But it is getting close to Celine Dion / Dionne Warren territory, IMO.

"I don't wanna see you cry / I know that this is not goodbye" is one of the the cheesiest lines they've ever sung, sincere though it may have been.

Oh please, they've done much cheesier...

As have most bands.

There is nothing Bon Jovi about that song. There is no talk box, bombastic chorus, or bleached blonde hair in that song.

Celine Dion, because of that line? I guaranty you I can find worse in almost any other band you listen to...

Vertigo is as close as U2 has ever come to Willie Nelson...

Agree 100%. In fact, I read that they offered it to him first as the long-awaited follow-up to his atrocious version of 'Slow Dancing'. It was going to be the first-single off Willie's album until Bono threw a hissy-fit and demanded that Edge steal the master back from Willie's studio, which he did, lest Bono sic George Bush on Edge's ass. Meanwhile, Willie Nelson filed a lawsuit against U2, but such is the hypocritical power of Bono that he used his enormous wealth to pay for a better lawyer than Willie, despite his 745 gold records, could afford. Nevertheless, rumours persist of Willie's version of "Vertigo" still existing and being leaked on the Internet, where its sheer awesome-ness is guaranteed to put U2 to shame.

There is also substantial evidence that Lionel Richie's version of "Bullet The Blue Sky", from 1986, will be released on his forthcoming Box Set.

Agree 100%. In fact, I read that they offered it to him first as the long-awaited follow-up to his atrocious version of 'Slow Dancing'. It was going to be the first-single off Willie's album until Bono threw a hissy-fit and demanded that Edge steal the master back from Willie's studio, which he did, lest Bono sic George Bush on Edge's ass. Meanwhile, Willie Nelson filed a lawsuit against U2, but such is the hypocritical power of Bono that he used his enormous wealth to pay for a better lawyer than Willie, despite his 745 gold records, could afford. Nevertheless, rumours persist of Willie's version of "Vertigo" still existing and being leaked on the Internet, where its sheer awesome-ness is guaranteed to put U2 to shame.

There is also substantial evidence that Lionel Richie's version of "Bullet The Blue Sky", from 1986, will be released on his forthcoming Box Set.

:drool:

I think Lionel recorded BTBS (which Bono stole - Lionel is stealing it back) at the same time he did "Dancing on the Ceiling". You can see how the two songs blend well together. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom