U2's most "Rock n Roll" moments

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the opening riff of zoo station at the first AB show. Its here, where, you relize, 1) its no longer the 80,s both muscally and non musically, 2) its not your older brothers u2. and 3) its when bono became BONO.

After downloading last week and finally listening to just now the Popmart Leeds show, I'd like to nominate songs 1-8, from MOFO all the way through Pride!

The whole show is incredible, and Miami, Bullet and Hold Me..Kill Me could probably go on the list too, but that opening punch was like standard Popmart X 1000 in terms of flat out rocking!!

After downloading last week and finally listening to just now the Popmart Leeds show, I'd like to nominate songs 1-8, from MOFO all the way through Pride!

The whole show is incredible, and Miami, Bullet and Hold Me..Kill Me could probably go on the list too, but that opening punch was like standard Popmart X 1000 in terms of flat out rocking!!

+1

Hard to imagine / understand how on that one night they went so ballistic compared to normal. Very interesting actually.

can anyone see the band responding to similar comments from someone of a similar standing to george harrison like that today?

:(

Nope. But that leading to the greatest Even Better Than the Real Thing ever was worth most of Bono's politically correct wankery in the last decade.

Maybe.

Nope. But that leading to the greatest Even Better Than the Real Thing ever was worth most of Bono's politically correct wankery in the last decade.

Maybe.

lol....that was awesome!

I still can't make out exactly what he said...

I heard George Harrison, something about U2 only being big hats and lemons, and I know a middle finger was involved.

anyone want to help me please?

lol....that was awesome!

I still can't make out exactly what he said...

I heard George Harrison, something about U2 only being big hats and lemons, and I know a middle finger was involved.

anyone want to help me please?

Sure, never a crime to listen to this brilliant bootleg. :)

*opens itunes*

Good people of Yorkshire, you made a terrible mistake. George harrison said you shouldn't be here. It's all big fucking hats and lemons and hair. I won't care for you George. Pump it up now. C'mon, C'mon.

Middle finger was definitely involved. I reckon that's what he did when he said that he didn't care.

:wink:

bonoleeds.jpg

Thank you Galeongirl and Coolian!

I definitely hear "I've something for you George."

Galeongirl, thanks for the rest of it! I couldn't make out what he said before that line with the "people of Yorkshire, etc."

Back
Top Bottom