U2's lighting control board

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AchtungDude

The Fly
Where can I find info on U2's lighting control board?

And on what video does Paul McGuinness present it? The old board with all of the tour logos.

SATS in Las Vegas looks like the Mirrorball Les Paul... at the end of the video, it zooms in a bit and I'm pretty sure that's what it is. That is the only live performance with that (beautiful) guitar I know of.

YouTube - U2 - Staring At The Sun (Live POPMART Las Vegas)

I'm pretty sure that's the goldtop Les Paul. I seem to remember that Edge made the comment somewhere that the mirrorball guitar was too heavy to use.

I'm pretty sure that's the goldtop Les Paul. I seem to remember that Edge made the comment somewhere that the mirrorball guitar was too heavy to use.

Is it? The lighting might be throwing it off for me. But aren't LPs in general pretty heavy?

EDIT: yeah, you're right, that's the goldtop. Which is one of my two or three favorite Edge guitars, too.

I dunno, that kind of just looked like a Gold Top... but who knows.

It still baffles me that they could never get SATS "right"... even more so that they gave up on the electric version of it.

I dunno, that kind of just looked like a Gold Top... but who knows.

It still baffles me that they could never get SATS "right"... even more so that they gave up on the electric version of it.

I like the electric version of it better than the acoustic, but I'm probably in the minority. I love the electric guitar of that song.

Is it? The lighting might be throwing it off for me. But aren't LPs in general pretty heavy?

EDIT: yeah, you're right, that's the goldtop. Which is one of my two or three favorite Edge guitars, too.

Yeah, Les Pauls are pretty heavy. I love that guitar as well.

Yep, but this one was actually coated in pieces of real mirrors, and it was incredibly heavy. Too heavy to take on tour.

Back
Top Bottom