U2's Greatest Hits (US)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snowlock

Refugee
So for my Friday afternoon at work, I decided to make a mix of U2's biggest hits on the US Top 40 (Billboard Hot 100).

It took a while to try and get a decent running order out of it, but it turned out pretty nice. Kinda surprising how tight it is acually.

And yes, Pride following Discotheque actually works! :reject:

Streets (Single Edit)
Desire
Vert
Myst Ways
Sats
BD
HMTMKMKM
ISHFWILF
WGRYWH (Temple Bar Edit)
Disco (10" Version)
Pride
WOWY
AOH
EBTTRT
GOYB
One

This would have been a much better (and certainly more diverse!) selection for U218 than what they did.

I seem to recall (off the top of my head) that "Pride" crapped out at #33 or so in the US charts -- does that still qualify it? And was "Boots" a big enough hit? Or, are these just all of their top 40 hits?

Anything's better than that awful U218!

lol u218. i can't believe sometimes bands can screw up greatest hits. I think one of mobys best of's dosn't have "bodyrock". WTF? greatest hits are not for making "statements" . put the hits on the album. For the bands that had different lineups, the fans don't give a shit about personal problems between past members (COUGHCHILIPEPPERSCOUGHEGH) . put all the hits

My preference with greatest hits albums is for them not to exist, actually.

am i the only one that thinks its weird that Staring At The Sun, Discotheque, and Hold Me Thrill Me did so well in the US and yet they never ever play them. its almost like they avoid them for being flops. meanwhile they were massively more popular than say, city of blinding lights in the US

no judgement there really. i think COBL should be played at every show for sure. But these other three are so good and should be played under the massive claw, they seem tailor made for this tour.

just sayin'

I agree, but on the other hand: The Best Of 1980-1990 was my first U2 cd and I still love it.

Yeah. I don't mind greatest hits. I can distinctly remember being 14 in Nov of 2002 and going to buy the 1990-2000 CD. The first CD I ever rushed out to buy on the day it came out. :up:

U218 was a dumb idea, though.

Yeah. I don't mind greatest hits. I can distinctly remember being 14 in Nov of 2002 and going to buy the 1990-2000 CD. The first CD I ever rushed out to buy on the day it came out. :up:

U218 was a dumb idea, though.

It got them through their contractual obligations, I guess.

I made this playlist yesterday and I have to say it IS pretty tight.

I know it's not the most reliable source of information, but it looks like a UK version of this would be at least a double album according to Wikipedia.

Back
Top Bottom