U2's best live moment?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So many to choose from...but I LOVED their Farmclub performances of Beautiful Day and Elevation. I remember them vividly. It was my birthday and I was just about to go purchase the new album at the midnight sale. I thought they sounded great and there was a certain feeling jumping out of the TV that night. U2 was back....again :)
Similarly, I remember watching the SNL performances from that era as well with a group of friends.....we really enjoyed that and when Bono walked up to Kilmer at the end of Elevation and said "Light My Fire, Jim." Classic.

This may seem weird but that's my birthday! Just felt like posting that!:lol:
Anyway I would say Bad from Rattle and Hum is quite a defining moment. I love how epic Bono's voice is in that version!:yes:

Goooodbye, Ruby Tuesday....who could hang a name on yoooou? Please to meet you...hope you guess my name!! I'm please to meet you.......let it goooooo.... (or something like that)

Good call :up:

Am I the only one that realy enjoy earlier live versions of the songs, they sounds more raw, the band are very into the songs(to make them sound good), they don't play on rutin. For an example the first live performence of Boots on the grammy is according to me the best one yet :)

I think this one is a treaf raw first performence and Bono does one of his best live vocals job ever, NLOTH

YouTube - U2 - No Line On The Horizon Live in Dublin [HD - High Quality]

That's awesome... although that is the type of singing that nearly destroyed Bono's voice.

Today I listend to the 1987-06-12 - London Wembley show and I gave up after a few minutes, he overused, strained and screamed the whole time. He didn reach the notes many times without doing this :( I realized how great singer he is now, the live version of NLOTH is great example of that.
Hope he do a lot of training before the tour :)

I'll say that Kite, fifth leg, was pretty fucking unbelievable.

Bono breaking up during the opera in Miss Sarajevo's not shabby either.

And might I add how much I love Running to Stand Still with the Dirty Old Town snippet.

Back
Top Bottom