"U2's Beautiful Day" Thanksgiving special CBS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marik

Refugee
I recall (2003 i think), CBS had a 1-hour TV special (around US Thanksgiving Day i believe) that was footage of the yet-unreleased Slane Castle performance of 2001. Around this same time I recall a small collection of the songs being released in theatres as part of a one-night only radio contest winners show (it may have been to promote the Best of 90's release). I'm not sure which I saw first- the theatre show or the tv special.

Anyways, we now have the Slane dvd in full, but i recall some tiny interview footage that was in the tv special that didnt make the dvd and i havent seen it anywhere since. In between commericals, Bono would be interviewed for 10-15 seconds sitting in a white robe staring into a mirror looking like he was in a make-up dressing room. There were a few of these clips, one i recall him talking about his father's death and saying something about performancing so soon was like going into a boxing match...with yourself.

Anyone know more about this footage and if its available somewhere? i would have loved to see it on the Slane dvd

I remember that special - I think it got spectacularly low ratings, but not as low as that Year in Pop that was on ABC in 1997. U2 has many fans, but apparently not ones that watch a lot of network TV.

I have it on a DVD - I downloaded it from somewhere online.

Back
Top Bottom