U2's "baby fans", "old timers", and in-betweens

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And I think because of this thread I had a dream last night that I finally met Bono and we took goofy pics together. Omg it was SO real and I was so happy and couldnt wait to tell everyone. Then I woke up. :angry:

I've only been to around 7 shows. First one was JT in 1987. For me I'd actually rather see less shows as it means more to me. I think it would be less special (for me) to go to like 35 shows. Plus I would get them all mixed up and not remember what happened at which show lol.

I agree with you. It took me 22 years to see my first U2 show last year in Boston. Funds, transportation, and quick sell outs were an issue for me on previous tours...I was so crushed every time they came to Montreal and I was unable to go:sad:. I felt like a little kid when I went to the Boston concert...it was so special and memorable. I am hoping for an awesome and memorable experience when I go to Montreal this summer.:hyper:

I get that, but I write in my journal after the shows I go to so I can remember them and I also take pics.

And I think because of this thread I had a dream last night that I finally met Bono and we took goofy pics together. Omg it was SO real and I was so happy and couldnt wait to tell everyone. Then I woke up. :angry:

You never know...maybe you will meet him this summer!!!:sexywink:

I've only been to around 7 shows. First one was JT in 1987. For me I'd actually rather see less shows as it means more to me. I think it would be less special (for me) to go to like 35 shows. Plus I would get them all mixed up and not remember what happened at which show lol.

I would give anything to have been able to see that tour. I feel like I'm trying to make up lost time by seeing as many shows as possible, now. I'm literally spending all my money on this tour.

*enjoys being without responsibility while I can*

Glad to see that so many of you liked what I had to say, especially the younger fans. I'm glad that so many of you feel the way I do about this band. And a big :up: to eveyone who has had a U2 Halloween costume, I say all of Interference should dress up as their favorite band member this year!

I think the reason younger people get into U2 is that because there is very little music today that offers any sort of deeper connection, whether it's artistic, spiritual, emotional, etc. U2 make those connections with me everytime.
Bam. You nailed it.
There's just something about this band that gets your heart and doesnt let it go.
:up:
LOL I know rite. I never get all emo.
:shh: It's OK, Sicy - if nobody else understands, your Blue Crack peeps do. And we'll keep your secret. :hug: :D

As for me, I'm 39 & fell in love with those four guys from Ireland about 25 years ago, after the 1st time I heard NYD. :heart: I've been a fan of many artists over the years, but no one else has ever meant as much to me as U2: they have inspired me, consoled me, soothed me, motivated me, and thrilled me. The last person did that to me, I married. :lol: Luckily for me, he accepted that he'd have to share me with four other men & has done so happily for almost 20 years now. He even supports my relationship & takes me to see them as often as possible. :wink: :loveshower:

i am old. i started with U2 when i saw them for the first time on german TV. live at loreley back in august 1983. this show was also part on UABRS. the show was great! i turned into a hardcore fan with ACHTUNG BABY and ZooTV. i believe the 90s were their peak.
AB - ZOOROPA - POP :applaud:

I'm 28 and I got into U2 when I was 16/17 during the POP era. My father took me to one of the final shows of the POP tour up in Seattle (the one when Bono completely shaved his head)

I really don't remember the show, but I had been a fan for about a year before that ... first having been into Achtung Baby.

During the 90s when all the kids were into Nirvana and Pearl Jam, I was rocking the U2 flag and I'm still proud of it. They were the coolest, most self aware band of that era. Rather than being depressed and self destructive, they explored a sort of worldly melancholy that was very rare in music during that time. That was what I connected with and still do. Ultraviolet is my #1 favorite song.

I haven't been a big fan of their recorded output the last 10 years. But I still love their live shows and I can't even tell you how many people I've converted to be fans of their late 80s and early 90s music.

Most girls I've dated the past 5 years I have shown the ZooTV dvd at least once, and they all think 90s Bono is one of the sexiest guys they've ever seen.

I need to retroactively steal some of his Mojo imho.

cheers.

I'm 23. I liked "Beautiful Day" when it came out, but my mom got ATYCLB and played Elevation on repeat constantly so I kind of got tired of U2. I thought that some of what I'd heard on the album was ok, but I didn't quite understand the hype around U2 in general. I started paying slightly more attention to them after I saw them on one of those 9/11 tribute shows, and later the Super Bowl. I liked what I heard, but I didn't bother going through their discography.

I sort of liked HTDAAB when it came out, but I didn't really get into them until I discovered Achtung Baby around maybe...2005 or 2006 I think. I discovered that several songs I liked on the radio were by U2 - I'd heard the songs before, but I just didn't know they were by them. I bought all of their albums and have been a big fan ever since. :)

I guess I'm a bit of a newbie. Oh well.

Back
Top Bottom