U23D to rerelease in celebration of new album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Forgive me if this has been posted elsewhere, I just got the update on facebook from the U23D group:

The word on the street is that U2's new album is releasing on March 2-3. Watch for the re-release of U23D in selected cities to celebrate the first new work from U2 since 2004! Go to U2 3D: The First Live-Action 3D Concert Movie, Featuring U2 -- National Geographic for updates...
...which has either absolutely no connection with NLOTH and is kind of cold coffee/trying to make money again from that point of view – or it might be a hint, that the tour live spectacle '09 won't be only a big extravaganza, but perhaps will play with that 3D-technology too (speculation!):hmm:

...which has either absolutely no connection with NLOTH and is kind of cold coffee/trying to make money again from that point of view – or it might be a hint, that the tour live spectacle '09 won't be only a big extravaganza, but perhaps will play with that 3D-technology too (speculation!):hmm:

Hey, I'd love to see U2-3D again. It should never leave theaters.

Hey, I'd love to see U2-3D again. It should never leave theaters.
Of course, let me joke a bit:wave:, though I'm seriously still thinking about big outdoor technics, that might be connected with Mrs. Owens and 3D effects for the upcoming tour ...

Sweet, 3x wasn't nearly enough :hyper:

Why can't we get a soundtrack release? That would be the best sounding live recording ever :drool:

oh fuck! this better be true....I saw it 2x and I've been dyyyyyyyyyyyying to see it again....dammit this is incredible news :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

It'd be great to get to see it again and it's a great chance for people to see it that didn't get to see it the first time it came out.

OH. HELL. YES.
I loved this movie! Can't wait to see it again...any word on when it's coming back? Sometime in February is my guess...
:D

^ that would be great and I'd buy it (and a new PS3 to play it :happy: ) of course, but it still wouldn't compare to seeing it on a giant Imax screen again :drool:

I never got to see U23D because apparently Alberta, Canada sucks and didn't show the movie in either Calagry or Edmonton. I can see it not playing in Red Deer but to not show in either Edmonton or Calgary was a fucking joke. I don't see it being any different this time. so I'm not getting my hopes up of ever being able to see this. I wonder if U2 will also skip Alberta entirely again on the next tour like they did on the Vertgio tour.:angry:

Maybe I should have started a new thread, but since this one is already going, I'll post the info here.

At the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, which is the annual (and gigantic) convention where all the companies big and small tout their newest hardware and software, one of the big things this year is several major companies are demo'ing 3D technology for home theater.

One of the home video demos is U23D via blu-ray disc on big plasma tvs using polarized glasses. This doesn't mean that we can expect a home video release of the concert in 2009, or maybe even 2010 as studios have a ways to go as far as mass-producing at an affordable price the hardware for consumers. The generally accepted technology for home video requires a different kind of tv monitor and blu-ray disc/player or other kind of HD source capable of broadcasting the high resolution 3D image. But it is likely when the hardware is out there for consumers to buy in a year or two, you can expect U23D to be one of the premier home video releases.

T.B.

um . . . U23D has been showing at the local Imax here in Sydney since the beginning of our school holidays (just prior to christmas) . . . only on once or twice per week . . . fingers crossed it will still be playing this week - planning to take kids . . . hope it makes its way back to you all soon :D

I never got to see U23D because apparently Alberta, Canada sucks and didn't show the movie in either Calagry or Edmonton. I can see it not playing in Red Deer but to not show in either Edmonton or Calgary was a fucking joke. I don't see it being any different this time. so I'm not getting my hopes up of ever being able to see this. I wonder if U2 will also skip Alberta entirely again on the next tour like they did on the Vertgio tour.:angry:

Same here. I'm in SW Ontario, and as far as I know, it only played for like 2 minutes in Toronto, and nowhere else in the province. :angry: So yeah, a return
engagement would be nice.

I had emailed Imax Melbourne about another U23D showing and interestingly, this is what I received back:

Hi Ian,

Thanks for your email. Regarding your enquiry, while U2 3D hasn’t finished permanently, there are no plans in the near future to re-release it. However, if it at any point it does start screening again, it will be advertised well in advance on the IMAX Melbourne website.

Kind regards,

Caitlin List

Duty Manager
IMAX Melbourne

So there could quite possibly be another short run due to the release of the new album!

U23D actually was re-played through the entire month of December here in Austin. I remember reading that it can theoretically be played at any time.

U23D was played for 2 weeks at South Edmonton Common so the comment about it not being played in Alberta is false. However it wasnt played for long enough and I would like to see it again :)

U23D was played for 2 weeks at South Edmonton Common so the comment about it not being played in Alberta is false. However it wasnt played for long enough and I would like to see it again :)

Oh good! That comment earlier worried me. I just moved to Edmonton a few months ago so I'm hoping they re-release it here!

I am going to see U2-3D in Vancouver at the Canada Place IMAX Theatre on Tuesday.
I thought I had missed out on the opportunity, I am so glad I can get the chance to see it now.

Back
Top Bottom